HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    mdport.

Latest Awards:

Default HabboxForum Tokens

Recently I have been monitoring all purchases made on the Forum with tokens. For those of you that are unfamiliar with tokens, they are handed out as a reward for posting/making threads, referring people to the forum, winning events, being a top poster on the forum and more. With many users having accumulated a large amount of tokens since their implementation I have noticed there is quite a big difference between the amount being handed out and the amount actually being spent.

Currently the Forum Shop has a few different items/effects you can purchase with your tokens, and they are:
    • Name Changes
    • VIP
    • Donator
    • Forum Name Icons

Over time people have been suggesting particular icons be made available and I have done my best to get these added, however I still feel that tokens are not really seen as a valued prize among the community. I believe tokens have the potential to be something pretty rewarding but with the current shop items becoming a bit stale and not many people buying them, I thought now would be the perfect time to get your feedback.

The purpose of this thread (tl;dr) - Give me your opinions on tokens!

A few thought provoking questions to get you started:

• What are your views on tokens?
    • What would make your spend your tokens?
    • Do you value tokens as a good prize?
    • Is there something that could be introduced to the Shop that makes you want to earn more tokens?*
    • Are forum name icons boring - do you want something else?
    • Do you think there should be more ways to earn tokens?

* I ask that you do not simply suggest Habbo credits to be put back into the shop as a resolution. This may be reintroduced however I am aiming for more Forum-based rewards rather than Habbo-based. Of course you are more than welcome to post Habbo-based rewards but priority will go to those that revolve around the Forum.

I look forward to seeing what you have to say!
    Last edited by Matt; 11-11-2015 at 12:01 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    :Cerys

Latest Awards:

Personally I don't use tokens because I don't really care for the current prizes.. I don't want VIP or a little picture next to my name. (ironic considering I have that now..but hey i didn't ask for these )

It just seems a little pointless really, or atleast to me, because it's just the colour of your name or an image, why is that important? That's just me though!

You mentioned not wanting to reintroduce the habbo credits, but maybe you could add the option to purchase raffle tickets? *Put a cap of 10 a month or something though so you don't get people taking it over and giving nobody else a chance* That would definitely make me more interested as a habbo based prize would be more beneficial to me.
    Or you could even introduce a whole new raffle where the winner wins a £5 amazon voucher or something and it's drawn every two months, but the raffle costs like 10,000 tokens or something

I don't know - to me it's just basically the prizes don't interest me.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I rarely use my tokens. I think that the icons are rather expensive seeing as they aren't all that nice. Other items in the shop have no interest to me such a VIP or name changes as I have VIP already and can request a name change as I wish. I wouldn't want any new fancy VIP or donor colours or effects as I think they're pretty hard on the eye as well. Some of the old VIP+ features would be cool to purchase, like being able to fully customise your own profile page (I can't remember if this is still possible?). But things like that, I would definitely pay for.

I would enter forum raffles as well, say its 100/500 tokens to enter then you get the chance of winning a fantastic prize or simply losing your tokens. I would be up for that.

Tokens
    Habbo
    ToxicMint

Latest Awards:

i collected tokens simply as i didnt like to take event staffs credits on the actual client as id rather they keep them for people who need creds etc but i never use me tokens either as i dont really understand what i do if i purchase them to like equip or wotever. id like if there was more choice tho as the themes u pick are usually hideous and disgusting and make me feel sick but like if u get a nice disney icon or vip or ariel or something id be more inclined to get them. so basically yh it needs more variety like u have so many flags but they are pointless really cos no one use them n stuff. plus it is so so soooo expensive for the thing for just 2 weeks it shud be like 250 tokens for a month

Tokens

Latest Awards:

What are your views on tokens? / Do you value tokens as a good prize?
    Like you said it has potential, but currently there's nothing worth buying. the flags were a good idea to bring out but some people (including me) thought the design of them wasn't appealing at all. Someone said they look like books and i can't help but agree. i'd buy it again if they were redesigned.

It can be a good prize, but not on client. people on habbo don't care, because they don't know what it is. But that's events' problem not yours.

What would make you spend your tokens?
    I'd spend them if there was something I like. And if the price wasn't ridiculous, cause I don't have that many tokens as it is lol.

Are forum name icons boring - do you want something else?
    When chippiejin brought out that movie text effect i thought more would follow, but nothing has. if you could get more effects like that people might buy them. Also what was that icon competition that @j0rd; won? Maybe do that frequently or something to get new stuff.

Is there something that could be introduced to the Shop that makes you want to earn more tokens?*
    See above.

Do you think there should be more ways to earn tokens?
    No, you have all the ways you need - it's just not pushed enough.
    You could bring back Chris' community challenge with something like the forum as a whole needs to get X tokens in 24 hours, and release some of your new stuff as the reward. Have mods post some quizzes, and give dolphins a heads up to post a comp or two that contribute to it as well.
    Last edited by David; 11-11-2015 at 02:58 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Kasabian

Latest Awards:

Well I'm still waiting on my **** domo ;lIn all honesty, I've never personally seen the point in a forum currency.The icons net to names can be a good idea, but defo need some work. The flags look dreadful, I appreciate its a "waving" look, but perhaps animate it? Or just have a rectangular square. The sizes and spacing of icons need some work too, eg.Notice how the poop icon and the superman icon are cut off in previews, and also notice the spacing between Matt's name and the poppy in comparison to the fore mentioned. Is this my skin causing issues, or is this a resolution thing? I notice the ghost icon is similar too.

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

can i use all my tokens on pink rep bars

pigged 25/08/2019

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Could throw in some items such as Spotify/iTunes/Amazon/Steam something like that into a raffle maybe.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    J25T

Latest Awards:

they run a few icon comps i believe, but don't think there were many entries
    and even then, the icons that were made were probably too specific and boring so not many were sold

would have liked to have seen an open icon comp with no theme

Tokens
    Habbo
    thms

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by buttons View Post
    can i use all my tokens on pink rep bars
    HOW CUTE WOULD THAT BE. personalized rep bars i want it

i like tokens tbh i collect them in events because i'm nearly at the amount to get vip lol x

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast