HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HxHD and SNQ

Martin is offline Habbox Merit
    Ex Assistant General Manager (Community)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Expling View Post
    finding a backup for every single week will be difficult; it was hard enough finding one host when i was senior, people just cba nowadays

there was a thread and it was used but became less used because it became to be more of an on skype sort of thing - thread became a bit useless

elegance hosted (and has hosted for the past few weeks) a pre snq thing and it's been cool - she doesn't plan for it either and gives her own prize, it just shows the qs don't need to be too fancy

is the snq community hosting still a thing?
    There were staff in the room though for the duration that could have hosted though, I don't get it! It's not even like the snq takes up a full hour, quite often it's done and dusted in 20 minutes!

If people "cba" then they should just quit instead of staying in the position and not actually wanting to improve or help habbox to do well community wise. It should be a team effort to ensure that basic things like this are organised efficiently. If there is an issue with finding helpdesk staff to host the snq then maybe events staff or management should step in.

Personally, I always prefered things to be done through a proper devoted thread than a skype chat as things can easily get 'lost' in a skype chat and it's just more organised to have a proper devoted thread in the relevant staff forum so that if someone wants to know who is hosting SNQ this week they can simply check the thread rather than searching through skype chats.

It should never become a point where members of management have no idea who is meant to be hosting. Cancelling via the thread is also a lot more official and certain than doing it last minute in a skype chat or by just telling one manager.

I agree Elegance has done a fab job with her pre-snq quizzes, and it just shows how easy it is to come up with questions quite quickly when needed! It's done now anyway but I do think lessons can be learnt from this to prevent it happening in the future.

Glad to see an alternative has been come up with for tonight though, that's really nice of management to do!

YOU CAN WIN STUFFS BY ENTERING COMPS! CLICK ON THE PICTURE!

Former:

Forum Moderator (x2), Forum Super Moderator (x4), Assistant Forum Manager,
    News Reporter, Assistant News Manager, Events Organiser (x3), Competitions Staff (x2), Senior Competitions Staff,
    Rare Values Reporter, Trade Expert, Senior Events Organiser (x3), Assistant Events Manager (x2)
    Forum Manager, News Manager (x2), Acting HxHD Manager, HxHD Room Owner, Assistant Comps Manager , Events Manager -
    Assistant General Manager (Community), Articles Manager

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

I think maybe people don't find SNQ fun anymore? I mean the team quiz that happened today seemed like a good replacement. Although from what I've been reading it's hard enough to get 20 questions let alone 40. But a team quiz each week could be better because I think it's something different and I'd say more fun.

Although I didn't attend, anyone who attended.. was it any good?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Absently

Latest Awards:

People seemed quite pleased with the Team Quiz & it would be definitely something I would love hosting once a month!

Also, briefly discussed in the room that it would be great to do a Staff Team Quiz (which I was told used to be done!), each department gets three of their best team members and they battle it out down in the future Dirty Duck Pub and users could support departments and the winning departments win a prize and their supporters do too! Would be nice to hear if anybody else is interested in us doing this?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Kasabian

Latest Awards:

Enjoyed the team quiz, just need to pick my team mates more wisely ;l @Rocklinaz & @Nick

Only complaint would be the specific questions(like doctor who and stuff like that), alot of us don't/have never watched it. Perhaps split it into 4 rounds, 10 questions per round. Like TV, Music, General Knowledge and then Habbo(x)?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Red

Latest Awards:

I really enjoyed it. question were fab!!! very broad and none really googley

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kasabian View Post
    Enjoyed the team quiz, just need to pick my team mates more wisely ;l @Rocklinaz & @Nick

Only complaint would be the specific questions(like doctor who and stuff like that), alot of us don't/have never watched it. Perhaps split it into 4 rounds, 10 questions per round. Like TV, Music, General Knowledge and then Habbo(x)?
    I did a quiz like this during HxSS - my bumper SNQ and did prizes for each section as well as overall, was really enjoyable!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Kasabian

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    I did a quiz like this during HxSS - my bumper SNQ and did prizes for each section as well as overall, was really enjoyable!
    That sounds good!

I'd also recommend hosting the quiz in a different room(dirty duck pub ye ), was a nightmare with people asking for help whilst we're trying to do a quiz haha

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

It seems that maybe SNQ could be changed around a little? like could maybe just do it in teams or something? idk.

I mean maybe SNQ would be better if they gave you like a list of categories to choose from and have questions based on that category and people in the room can pick what category they want. That's like getting people more involved in the Quiz rather than just answering the questions. Maybe that would make it more fun? Idk. I'm not sure if it would work but thought I'd post anyway to see what others thought.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Kasabian

Latest Awards:

I'd like the HxHD SNQ to continue, it's tradition and has been for years! But a monthly/bi-monthly team quiz would be good too

Tokens
    Habbo
    rnix

Latest Awards:

I was trying to deal with the people requesting help over whisper or messaging as I didn't want my messages to them to get lost and the to get confused or felt
    like we were ignoring them.

I feel like the team quiz was quite fresh and everyone seemed to have fun
    forever the queen.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast