HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

Default Public Room Deisgn: Jumping Coop Game!?

TITLE CORRECTION: Design

How are you? It's my newest room design attempt, now it's more like an actual public room, with all these random wall formats/colours and that freedom with transparency and wacky details, the way I love it. That's the good thing about it, I think you guys like it too
    I learned so much about the right way to make Habbo-like rooms since my first attempt

First at all, now all the tiles are on its original size, think about... 17 double pixels to make it sound like a isometric square
    And they are all aligned thanks to a invisible layer with a lot of helpful side-by-side floor tiles, even the lower floor ground! It means that it would be really playable if it's at Habbo! At least the lobby room

Want to see it better? Just click \/ to see its original size, as you could see it at Habbo

It's a surreal Jumping Game idea, which would work as well as some "3D" platform games like Sonic 3D Blast and Mario RPG, both from 1996. You could play it with more than 2 friends, like an actual Habbo room and sometimes you could need some help from them, for example, to open a door or activate a timed switch ^^'

Habbos are big at the reception room but they are small in-game. Why?
    When you go downstairs/upstairs, you would be turned into a mini-you version, wear an odd Toad-like hat and face yourself in an irregular world, with freedom movement, changeable gravity conditions (think about a Super Mario Galaxy inspiration) using WASD keyboard maybe... With a goal: Chase stars! XD

Some custom items:

Buyable (duckets?) Toad hat, ant size

Buyable Toad hat, normal size (a lot of available colours)

Beginner's enemy. Hooba

Usual coin. A badge to those who collect a certain quantity of it

Spring

"Naked" box furni

Wall box furni, can only be destroyed by a HC...
    (Cheap Hammer?)

Small box furni. The yellow ones usually are the ordinary coin boxes but if you see it in a different colour, it's usually an unlock able path to bring you to secret places

Warp pipe
    Since we're talking about Habbo, let's call it Pipe Tele

The heart of this project. Thousands of this little image was generated in an entirely black image to guide me to the right perspective. Thank you XD

Not my items:

Bot chair (Habbo's High school chair furni, edited)
    Bot icon
    Asteroid furni
    Welcome rug
    Habbo characters
    Habbo clothes

If you have some tips for this game idea, it's always welcome
    Hope you like it, thanks
    Last edited by LUCPIX; 01-02-2016 at 10:11 AM. Reason: title correction and pipe

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

This is so cute, such a good idea. You're so talented, Sulake need to hire you I swear! Love this idea so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

ohhh I love this idea so much! great work and you've clearly put so much thought into it

Tokens
    Habbo
    thms

Latest Awards:

this is beautiful

Tokens

Latest Awards:

This is great! I would love the Warp Pipe/Pipe Tele to be put on Habbo and the mushroom hat .

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    This is so cute, such a good idea. You're so talented, Sulake need to hire you I swear! Love this idea so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks!
    This seems such a distant idea! I don't know how they choose their artists, but it would be good to try XD
    Hugs

Quote Originally Posted by Empired View Post
    ohhh I love this idea so much! great work and you've clearly put so much thought into it
    Hey Emp! Thank you
    It was a simple attempt to bring the world of platforms in Habbo . I am very glad you liked

Quote Originally Posted by thms View Post
    this is beautiful
    As well as your avatar! I can't stop seeing it

Quote Originally Posted by Samanfa View Post
    This is great! I would love the Warp Pipe/Pipe Tele to be put on Habbo and the mushroom hat .
    Me too Aang!!!
    And a Feather power up to flyyyyy

Tokens
    Habbo
    thms

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lucpix View Post
    As well as your avatar! I can't stop seeing it
    @Mrs_Plant; made it! she's almost as great as you are

Tokens
    Habbo
    Mrs_Plant

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by thms View Post
    @Mrs_Plant; made it! she's almost as great as you are
    Omg this is epic! no way am i anywhere near this!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Expling

Latest Awards:

THIS IS FANTASTIC OMG
    well done!!!

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Disappointed by the amount of replies yet lack of any real constructive criticism.

A few issues I can see by looking at it:
    1. Shading and colours
    The shading is a bit... off. The box furni, for example, I don't get why the closest corner is not only the brightest part, but also a pure white - it shouldn't be. The colours used for yellow are bad too, but I've always had some difficulty shading yellow. You should look at some actual yellow furni and see how "professionals" do it as a means to understanding how to properly select yellow colours.
    The light source is also a bit off in some places so make sure you keep an eye on the shading you do and that it all is lit from the same direction(s).
    I also don't get the shading in the toad hat, is it meant to be indented in the blue bits? If it's meant to be smooth just shade it with the rest of the hat.

2. Transformations
    You can't simply rotate a sprite and expect it to look like it should - it won't. Rotating images will just mess with the perspective and make it look imperfect (it will also mess with shading!).
    I would also say, though this is a more personal preference, not to use the same tile size for small and large Habbos and not to mix them in the same section. They literally just look like tiny Habbos at the moment, rather than it simply being the camera "zoomed out" if that makes sense.

3. Outlines
    You seem to bounce between black outlines, coloured outlines and I think in at least one case, no outline? As far as Habbo is concerned, you should really stick with black outlines for the most part. The only time I would personally not use a black outline, and the times when it seems best not to use a black outline, is when it's the same object in a fairly small area in which case you would probably just use a darker colour of whatever the black line would be against.

4. Shadow Inconsistency
    You included shadows in some places, but not in others. Not much more to it than that.

I think that's about all I can see at the moment, definitely some potential but nobody is without room for improvement.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast