HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

View Poll Results: Which way did you vote in the EU referendum today?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • REMAIN

27 51.92%
  • LEAVE

25 48.08%
Page 21 of 73 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post

now if that isn't a reason to stay I don't know what is
    At least people actually have a reason to vote remain now

this spices things up

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Well that's sorted. Now I just need to remember to post it!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

my housemates polling card came and mine didn't

mine came for the may election so why not now, shes voting to leave so i think she has sabotaged me by hiding or binning my CARD!!!!!

i will still go on the day with my ID and vote to STAY x

Tokens

Latest Awards:

i wonder how many idiots will vote remain just because of that magic stars picture lol

Tokens

Latest Awards:

hello everyone,

i am far too old for this forum now but i thought i might as well put a chip in - looks like dan has done well to recruit so many brexiteers hehe.

anyway - i think it is coming clear that the referendum is slowly turning into a farce... farage must be fuming as all of the part-time eurosceptics in the tories (ie Vote Leave) are now acting like a government in waiting with completely unfunded promises and populist rubbish with little substance. totally crap points from the official campaigns and very little proper debate.

remain (rightly) putting up the questions with regard to pointing out the lack of real alternative trade deals that would suit our current trading relationship with the rest of the bloc but with loads of wishywashy rubbish and fear-mongering. leave with many ridiculous claims that everything will be brilliant with a head-in-the-sand approach to real-life business.

anyone who knows me on here would know that i'll obviously be voting remain.
    goodbye.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Everybody knows Jeremy Corbyn when he's alone in that voting booth will be voting Leave but I still admire the guy even if he's reluctantly doing a few things for Remain which I hoped he would not given his principled stance. He's being forced to by the slimy Blairite section of the Labour Party. Still, he's dropping a few sneaky hints as to where he really stands on this issue and good on him for that.

A Brexit will strength Corbyn's leadership against the Blairites within Labour and Cameron and Osborne will be history. We need a realignment in Lab/Con.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 02-06-2016 at 02:18 PM.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Default Australian style points-based immigration system if Britain votes to leave the EU

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...ration-system/

Australian style points-based immigration system if Britain votes to leave the EU

Boris Johnson and cabinet ministers Michael Gove and Priti Patel pledge an Australian-style immigration system would be possible if Britain leaves the EU

Australian points-based system: only the educated, skilled and needed are allowed to become Australian subjects

Quote Originally Posted by Telegraph
    Migrants will be barred from entering Britain after a Brexit unless they can speak good English and have the right skills for a job, Boris Johnson and Michael Gove have pledged as they set out their vision for the UK outside of the EU.

In a joint declaration, Mr Johnson and Mr Gove announce plans for an Australian-style points based immigration system to come into force in the years after Britain leaves the EU.

Their statement, which is also signed by employment minister Priti Patel, will infuriate Downing Street and represents a major challenge to David Cameronā€™s authority.

It will be seen as the first policy of a Eurosceptic manifesto that could be enacted after a Brexit and will bolster claims by Mr Cameron's critics that he cannot remain as Prime Minister until 2020 if Britain votes to leave the EU on June 23.

Cabinet ministers Michael Gove, Priti Patel and former Mayor of London Boris Johnson in Preston campaigning

Quote Originally Posted by Telegraph
    After a vote to leave the EU the ā€œautomatic right of all EU citizens to come to live and work in the UK will endā€, Mr Johnson and Mr Gove say.

Under the Australian system, migrants are only granted skilled migration visas if they pass a points test based on what type of job they do, their age, English language skills, previous employment and education.

Their intervention comes just days after figures showed that net migration to the UK has risen to 330,000, the second highest level on record.

They warn that the scale of immigration is putting a "particular strain" on public services and that "class sizes will rise and waiting lists will lengthen" if Britain does not leave.

The pressure will intensify if Britain votes to remain, they warn, as EU migrants come to this country to escape rising unemployment in their home countries caused by the Euro-crisis.

It came as two polls showed that the Leave campaign has taken a lead with less than one month until the referendum.

Telephone and online surveys by pollsters ICM put the Brexit campaign ahead on 52 per cent, with Remain on 48 per cent of the vote.
    Who can argue against a sensible immigration system? Only possible by voting to leave the EU though.

I posted this though because I have read before an idea that seemed pretty good that has been floated in the event of British independence from the EU. The idea is this: a post-Brexit free movement agreement between Great Britain, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and possibly America.

Unlike freedom of movement with the EU which now includes many poor countries with high crime rates - with more to soon join and have the right to come here with no skills and even a criminal record - a free movement agreement with Canada, Australia and the others would make sense given we're all so similar and have the same levels of quality of life: meaning there would be no flood of people like there has been with EU freedom of movement.

It's something worth considering if we do vote to leave I think. What do you think?

moderator alert Thread merged by Empired (Forum Super Moderator) with the EU Referendum Megathread as the topics were too similar for there to be separate discussions
    Last edited by Empired; 05-06-2016 at 03:24 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

And where will Britains run to when unemployment increases in UK due to the economic downfall? Oh wait, they will be stuck in the UK because we said no to EU.

will bolster claims by Mr Cameron's critics that he cannot remain as Prime Minister until 2020 if Britain votes to leave the EU on June 23.
    Er... he has already publicly said he will stand down well before 2020 so I do not know which idiots are claiming the above but clearly they do not know anything if they do not listen to what the PM said loud and clear before the last general election.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Just been out leafleting for the first (and hopefully last) time in my life with a friend. Must've covered over 500 houses in a few hours. Lovely sunshine.

Country
    Scotland
    Tokens
    Habbo
    MikeyFusion

Latest Awards:

I'm still very much undecided but after doing research I'm swaying towards Remain. I have other things that I believe the Leave said are saying that are a bit dramatic but I don't want to get killed by people on here who are Leave supporters.