HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

View Poll Results: Which way did you vote in the EU referendum today?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • REMAIN

27 51.92%
  • LEAVE

25 48.08%
Page 63 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

good on them, if you give the UK an inch they'll take a mile

just want it triggered or nobody will hire me until my status is known!!!!

-:Undertaker:- is online now Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by wixard View Post
    good on them, if you give the UK an inch they'll take a mile
    You sound annoyed that we've left and want to play hardball.

Are you worried where the money is now going to come from for countries like your own? Could it be that the likes of Great Britain, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and others are absolutely fed up of paying for small countries which have always been economic basketcases?

You have all taken an inch and mile
    and now the party is over.

Quote Originally Posted by wixard
    just want it triggered or nobody will hire me until my status is known!!!!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Travel_Area

How many times do we have to go through this? 1923.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    @dbgtz;

I have literally no idea what you want from me here other than to say generally politicians are liars and always will be.

At the end of the day you voted Remain which would have had the money you have such an issue with going to the European Union coffers and being spent on Spanish sewers, French farmers or Estonian motorways rather than things here: whether it's the NHS, Royal Navy or care of the elderly. So you're making a mountain of a molehill out of something neither of us yet know what the politicians who promised certain things will do and something you obviously didn't care about anyway hence you voted Remain. Thanks to the Leave vote, you'll now have the ability to hold them to account properly at election time.

I thought our campaign was pretty good and made the points well about sovereignty, supremacy of our courts, the costs of membership and other things. You disagree and voted the other way, so okay that's fine. I voted Leave not because of a £350m boost to the NHS but for various reasons, as did many.

What more do you want me to say? I know as much as you do about the EEA/EFTA/FTA/Other deal that will come in two years time. Patience for now.
    Yes they are liars, but again not my point. My point is you're tolerating it because it suits you.

The points about the cost of membership well? Hardly. Ignoring all the supposed economics benefits of the EU as that's up for debate, they conveniently ignored direct UK investment and the rebate in order to inflate the figure as high as possible.
    Regarding ECJ and ECHR, is there anything to suggest we will even pull out of these since leaving the EU is not the same thing.

At least we have an increase in debt interest to look forward to now!

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

@dbgtz;

How am I tolerating it? I said I would wait and see what resulting deal is.

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz
    The points about the cost of membership well? Hardly. Ignoring all the supposed economics benefits of the EU as that's up for debate, they conveniently ignored direct UK investment and the rebate in order to inflate the figure as high as possible.
    Money that we didn't have control over but which we do now.

Regarding ECJ and ECHR, is there anything to suggest we will even pull out of these since leaving the EU is not the same thing.
    ECJ we will be withdrawing from as that is the court of the EU. ECHR withdrawal not quite yet, but that is hopefully our next target.

Quote Originally Posted by dgbtz
    At least we have an increase in debt interest to look forward to now!
    UK gilts have fallen on the bond markets since Thursday and it's cheaper than ever for us to borrow.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

You sound annoyed that we've left and want to play hardball.

Are you worried where the money is now going to come from for countries like your own? Could it be that the likes of Great Britain, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and others are absolutely fed up of paying for small countries which have always been economic basketcases?

You have all taken an inch and mile
    and now the party is over.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Travel_Area

How many times do we have to go through this? 1923.
    1923 was before we both became members of the EU, literally nobody knows what is going to happen. WE want to keep the CTA, the U.K. sounds like they want to keep it, but it will have to go through the EU. There's also the issue of the north and south re boarders which I'm sure you're aware of. I've seen contradictory statements regarding the CTA, our Taoiseach himself has come out and said he doesn't know what will happen.

I'm not annoyed in the slightest and I don't want a second referendum, re Ireland we can only hope to benefit from your losses. I am however annoyed that we have been given no confirmation regarding the CTA, which is why I want the process to begin ASAP. I have set up a life here and I'm in a long term relationship, without confirmation of my status who will want to hire me?

I do appreciate anything you have to offer me though

edit: apparently Cameron meets Kenny tonorrow to discuss it and can shed some light on it for us.
    Last edited by wixard; 27-06-2016 at 06:40 PM.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by wixard View Post
    1923 was before we both became members of the EU, literally nobody knows what is going to happen. WE want to keep the CTA, the U.K. sounds like they want to keep it, but it will have to go through the EU. There's also the issue of the north and south re boarders which I'm sure you're aware of. I've seen contradictory statements regarding the CTA, our Taoiseach himself has come out and said he doesn't know what will happen.

I'm not annoyed in the slightest and I don't want a second referendum, re Ireland we can only hope to benefit from your losses. I am however annoyed that we have been given no confirmation regarding the CTA, which is why I want the process to begin ASAP. I have set up a life here and I'm in a long term relationship, without confirmation of the CTA who will want to hire me?

I do appreciate anything you have to offer me though
    Our losses? I think you've got it back to front. We've always been one of the top contributors into this paying for countries such as your own. That's coming to an end now so I think you've got the wrong end of the stick. It's the Republic which will now have to pay more in as well as the other states to fill the UK shortfall. Enjoy! At least you managed to get decades worth of money out of it in return for your independence, we've been milked the entire 43 years we've been a member.

On working here, I think you've got wrong impression. Nobody has said anybody will be sent home and nobody has said that people with links or a reason to be here won't be allowed to be here. Even if the border between Ulster and the Republic is re-introduced, there's no reason at all why the CTA cannot be maintained. As far as I know Her Majesty's Government is keen on retaining the CTA, however if your masters in Brussels say otherwise then that's not our problem but your problem.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 27-06-2016 at 06:49 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

@dbgtz;

How am I tolerating it? I said I would wait and see what resulting deal is.
    You're tolerating Leave using misleading statistics and giving false promises. You've probably commented on Remain using fear tactics and found that infuriating, but seem to be perfectly fine with Leave.

Money that we didn't have control over but which we do now.
    But an entirely different sum of money is my point. I don't care if it's actually £1 or £100 billion, £350 million was misleading as hell.

ECJ we will be withdrawing from as that is the court of the EU. ECHR withdrawal not quite yet, but that is hopefully our next target.
    OK (this was a genuine question lmao)

UK gilts have fallen on the bond markets since Thursday and it's cheaper than ever for us to borrow.
    We've only just been downgraded it seems.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    You're tolerating Leave using misleading statistics and giving false promises. You've probably commented on Remain using fear tactics and found that infuriating, but seem to be perfectly fine with Leave.
    What do you mean tolerating?

Since when was I on the board of Vote Leave? I make my own points on here without consulting Dominic Cummings.

But an entirely different sum of money is my point. I don't care if it's actually £1 or £100 billion, £350 million was misleading as hell.
    All depends how you work it out. The good news being that "How much do we pay into the EU?" won't even be a question anymore pretty soon.

We've only just been downgraded it seems.
    I think one agency downgraded on Friday. I wouldn't pay much attention to the ratings agencies anyway, after all these were the same companies and analysts that prior to 2008 claimed that Greece, Spain, Ireland, Portugal and so on were all solvent and sustainable. Look at the actual gilt price and we're doing fine.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Our losses? I think you've got it back to front. We've always been one of the top contributors into this paying for countries such as your own. That's coming to an end now so I think you've got the wrong end of the stick. It's the Republic which will now have to pay more in as well as the other states to fill the UK shortfall. Enjoy! At least you managed to get decades worth of money out of it in return for your independence, we've been milked the entire 43 years we've been a member.

On working here, again you're overreacting. Nobody has said anybody will be sent home and nobody has said that people with links or a reason to be here won't be allowed to be here. Even if the border between Ulster and the Republic is re-introduced, there's no reason at all why the CTA cannot be maintained.

you're very defensive, I only said I hope we can gain from your losses and I meant along the lines of the movement of FDI and funds to Ireland, the attraction for multinationals due to English as a first language, and my personal favourite: duty free x

i never spoke ill about the outcome in this thread at all, I havent established a career here, I'm working retail until September when I graduate my postgrad. I think I have rational reason to worry when i want to be applying for jobs in the next few weeks, and there has been nothing said about the CTA. My fear isn't being deported or kicked out, it's at my opportunities being tainted by the delay

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

What do you mean tolerating?

Since when was I on the board of Vote Leave? I make my own points on here without consulting Dominic Cummings.
    You're tolerating it by being OK with the £350 million figure. You're tolerating it by being OK with Boris Johnson (who didn't even turn up to a Brexit debate today I should add - and I say him specifically because he was very much Remain and judging by the fact he wrote a Leave and Remain article recently then he probably has no real preference). Etc.

All depends how you work it out. The good news being that "How much do we pay into the EU?" won't even be a question anymore pretty soon.
    I mean, regardless if Brexit happens or not (I'm still banking on not) it probably will since we will be involved in some shape or form

I think one agency downgraded on Friday. I wouldn't pay much attention to the ratings agencies anyway, after all these were the same companies and analysts that prior to 2008 claimed that Greece, Spain, Ireland, Portugal and so on were all solvent and sustainable. Look at the actual gilt price and we're doing fine.
    Yes. People are tired of experts!