HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

View Poll Results: Which way did you vote in the EU referendum today?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • REMAIN

27 51.92%
  • LEAVE

25 48.08%
Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23636970717273
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Either accept the deal and just move on or have a another referendum considering how the public were misled (the publics fault for being naive too) or cancel Brexit. The way they are behaving, there will never be any majority for any deal.
    It was affected the GBP so much and due to this it has cost the British people so much that most people do not understand.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    I just can't see any kind of deal being passed though? From what I've seen there's no majority for anything, be that Brexit, soft brexit or hard Brexit. I don't think anything will actually be passed, potentially for a very long time?
    I would now revise what I said after reports tonight of Cox getting nowhere in Brussels and say that her deal will be defeated again in the House of Commons next week. Of course, it's all very fluid - so changes day by day. It's an interesting theory that they are running the clock down still, as evidenced by the tweets below. I really do hope so - and you're right, there is no majority in the Commons for anything.

The problem is, ultimately, that the House of Commons doesn't represent the public on this issue which is why we had a referendum in the first place. But that's being compounded by the fact the HoC *still* seemingly believes 650 votes are worth more than 17.4m.

Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
    Either accept the deal and just move on or have a another referendum considering how the public were misled (the publics fault for being naive too) or cancel Brexit. The way they are behaving, there will never be any majority for any deal.
    It was affected the GBP so much and due to this it has cost the British people so much that most people do not understand.
    Not sure what the public were actually naive about, the ballot paper was very simple - Leave or Remain. Accepting this Withdrawal Agreement? no thanks. The word Leave didn't have "subject to an agreement" next to it - it simply said Leave. If the EU can't come to an agreement without trying to annex part of our country (Northern Ireland) then we say No Thanks and Leave without a deal.

I wanted a Deal and believed it was possible until just before Christmas, so I am no headbanger on this. But even I, as sceptical about the EU as I am, could not have believed just how unreasonably they would behave. They want access to our fishing waters, our adherence to their ECJ court, part of our country to follow all of their laws and for them to be able to set our tariffs.

Can you name a single FTA in the world that any country has signed along those lines? It's vassaldom.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Poll out tonight shows public support for No Deal increasing again as EU refuses to back down on the backstop.

Remain MPs think by delaying the public will get fed up, and they will - just not in the way that they think (and hope).

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    Not sure what the public were actually naive about, the ballot paper was very simple - Leave or Remain.
    Beliving lied such as it will all be perfect, we can have our cake and eat it. That we will have all the benefits of EU while contributing £0 to it and zero responsibilities. Gullible, uneducated and naive public.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
    Beliving lied such as it will all be perfect, we can have our cake and eat it. That we will have all the benefits of EU while contributing £0 to it and zero responsibilities. Gullible, uneducated and naive public.
    What so-called "benefits" of the EU are the public, in your mind, asking for?

Paying them £39bn for nothing? Handing them Ulster? Agreeing to abide by their laws forever?

Increasingly the public just want the **** out.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    What so-called "benefits" of the EU are the public, in your mind, asking for?

Paying them £39bn for nothing? Handing them Ulster? Agreeing to abide by their laws forever?

Increasingly the public just want the **** out.
    The benefits? A large market for businesses. Freedom to study in any of these 27 countries without having to pay fees as an international student. Freedom to work in any of these country should you fail to find work at home or should you wish to simply explore new challenges. Freedom to move.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Time to consign this thread to history and unstick I reckon.

This thread was 4-5 years old, but here's a 3 minute clip of the 47 year journey that started before most of us were born.

~ the end.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 21-01-2021 at 01:53 AM.

Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23636970717273