HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Default Habbo’s reformed moderation system!

This is coming shortly to Habbo - What are peoples thoughts?

Gradual Sanctions

The biggest change in comparison to the old moderation system is that most of the sanctions are now gradual. The new ban chart progresses like so:

1. Alert

2. 1 hour mute

3. 18 hours mute

4. 7 days ban

5. 30 days ban I

6. 30 days ban II

7. Permanent ban

From now on, one offense will move you one step ahead on the above chart, so you will want to be careful how you act in the hotel – especially if you’re in the latter stages of the gradual system!

ATTENTION: Mods will still use tougher sanctions for more severe misbehaviour! You can check the Habbo Way here.

Probation time

Sanctioned users are given a 30–60 day long probation period, which starts the moment the sanction ends. Once the probation time comes to an end, a Habbo user’s ban record gets wiped clean.

The 30 day probation period applies to users who have had one of the following sanctions imposed upon them:

• Alert
    • 1 hour mute
    • 18 hours ban
    • 7 days ban

The 60 day probation period applies to users who have had at least one of the following sanctions imposed upon them:

• 30 days ban I
    • 30 days ban II

Where to check your current sanction status

You can check your sanction record and remaining probation time by simply clicking the ”Help” button in the top right corner of the screen and proceeding to “My sanction status”.

Reporting a misbehaving user

You can report another user for being out of line by clicking the “Help” button on the top right corner of the screen, clicking “Someone is misbehaving” and then choosing the category that best fits the situation. You can find more tips for handling uncomfortable situations here.

Sending false reports is sanctionable from now on!

We want to provide our users with the very best moderation service and this means our moderators need to be able to concentrate on handling the real and legitimate reports that require intervention. This is why sending illegitimate or false reports that unnecessarily burden our moderation system will be sanctionable from now on. Illegitimate or false reports are CFHs sent for trolling, bullying or other way of misusing the reporting system. In the future, you will be able to keep reporting someone intentionally doing harm to others or themselves but just keep in mind that if you repeatedly make calls for help without good reason, you can be punished.
    Sources:
    http://help.habbo.com/entries/988343...ration-system-
    https://www.habbo.com/community/article/20142/20142
    Last edited by xxMATTGxx; 29-02-2016 at 08:04 PM.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    :Cerys

Latest Awards:

It must be new if they're saying it's new

Sounds meh tho - major bad thing i can see is that if theyre properly gonna punish 'false' reports, people might get deterred from reporting at all idk

Tokens
    Habbo
    e5

Latest Awards:

Mods will just say you're abusing the system if they cba reading a situation reported and probably send you a warning. They'll get power hungry

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

Ridiculous. Just relying more on following a specific set of rules instead of applying brain power.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Meanies

Latest Awards:

I wonder will they do a bit of unbanning like they did before *crosses fingers*

cake

Tokens
    Habbo
    Petergray

I am a bit concerned about the false reports thing, who's to say what is a 'false report'? I know something that violates the Habbo Way is wrong, but things that are still bad but not under the Habbo Way might be bad to report. All the other things sound good though

Tokens
    Habbo
    Pyroka

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Empired View Post
    Ridiculous. Just relying more on following a specific set of rules instead of applying brain power.
    The irony of a hxf mod saying that heh.

Jokes aside, makes perfect sense to make it clear what you'll get for being naughty and how long before that expires. Makes it much more uniform and easier to understand... Not sure why anybody would disagree with thisl

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by RyRy View Post
    The irony of a hxf mod saying that heh.

Jokes aside, makes perfect sense to make it clear what you'll get for being naughty and how long before that expires. Makes it much more uniform and easier to understand... Not sure why anybody would disagree with thisl
    They would disagree because of what Habbo are suggesting with this (new) method of dealing with rule breaking. A 'false report' for example isn't always the case yet many of us have been replied to saying not to abuse the help tool when it was a legitimate rule break, but nothing gets done about it. I don't think they should be bringing in a new method before perfecting the old one, or improving it a great deal!

I think it's a good idea mostly, but the false report bit really is annoying when they are only looking for certain keywords to trigger a rule break, for example someone can be racist and nothing will get done about it (or nothing has been done when I've reported it in the past, in fact I once got banned for reporting them for 'bullying'), but if nothing gets done about it then Habbo will easily turn it around and say it's a false report and punish you for it.

Tokens
    Habbo
    thms

Latest Awards:

i have been banned like 3 times in february help this is going to be the end of thms and life as we know it

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

Sending false reports is sanctionable from now on!

We want to provide our users with the very best moderation service and this means our moderators need to be able to concentrate on handling the real and legitimate reports that require intervention. This is why sending illegitimate or false reports that unnecessarily burden our moderation system will be sanctionable from now on. Illegitimate or false reports are CFHs sent for trolling, bullying or other way of misusing the reporting system. In the future, you will be able to keep reporting someone intentionally doing harm to others or themselves but just keep in mind that if you repeatedly make calls for help without good reason, you can be punished.
    not sure if everyone is the same, but i'll now no longer send in CFH when users are breaking the habbo way. 99% of the time I get an alert saying I am wasting their time pretty much

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast