HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gene Therapy

Country
    England
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Ruth-On-Toast

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by _HeyyItsHannah_ View Post
    I'm for gene therapy. It's actually the only thing that would personally give me hope at maybe someday having my own child. I would feel absolutely terrible about myself and would for the rest of my life knowing that I passed down the genes that you can only inherit from your maternal side like with some of the diseases I have..

I'd be so scared without it because with a lot of the diseases that I have my child could die as an infant or have major physical problems later on in life like I do now.

So yes, i'm for gene therapy and genetic testing.
    Think that bit is illegal im sure they said they can't change the genes in the sex cells and make the perfect child.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    I never said autistic people can't be intelligent, what I'm referring to is the "super" intelligent people with autism but struggle with the simplest of tasks. I also never claimed those with autism couldn't be successful; you're putting words in my mouth. And your success with the right support, what kind of support are you talking about here exactly?
    Any support....suppose it depends how autism affects the person as we are all very very different

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by RuthOnToast View Post
    Any support....suppose it depends how autism affects the person as we are all very very different
    So instead of simply being treated, others should have to help you?

Country
    England
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Ruth-On-Toast

Latest Awards:

So instead of simply being treated, others should have to help you?
    You know a treatment then go on show it. We don't have a magic wand to cure it and why should we? It's not some illness or something. Saying we shouldn't get help? Are we classed as not worthy of help?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

I am extremely pro genetic testing if there are regulations applied properly that keep it relatively safe. Autism is obviously a grey area as has been highlighted, but I'm sure nobody could really disagree that there are no upsides to some awful genetic diseases like cystic fibrosis

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

It's not some illness or something.
    It's a disorder, it's literally in the name. No-one's arguing that people should be eradicated or forced into any sort of "treatment" for not being 100% neurotypical but let's call things what they are
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

You know a treatment then go on show it. We don't have a magic wand to cure it and why should we? It's not some illness or something. Saying we shouldn't get help? Are we classed as not worthy of help?
    Isn't the whole thread about a potential/hypothetical treatment? Lmao. It's not an illness, no, it's a mental condition and I'm not saying you shouldn't get help, but you're not inherently entitled to it. Why should anyone help you at the end of the day? They don't owe it to you by any means so if you can argue why you should get extra assistance whilst also denying a potential "cure", then by all means argue your case.

Country
    England
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Ruth-On-Toast

Latest Awards:

Isn't the whole thread about a potential/hypothetical treatment? Lmao. It's not an illness, no, it's a mental condition and I'm not saying you shouldn't get help, but you're not inherently entitled to it. Why should anyone help you at the end of the day? They don't owe it to you by any means so if you can argue why you should get extra assistance whilst also denying a potential "cure", then by all means argue your case.

I don't see the need to agru with someon like you ive generally not met anyone with such arrogance. Just small simple things can help someone with autism

Remember you cant see autism so you don't know who has it and who doesn't but we can not help it its not our fault so why should we be put down for something thats not out fault?

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

does gene therapy mean somehow manipulating already existing genes to make them 'better' or choosing to not have children/abort ones that have problems? either way, yes id choose to abort/change genes for unborn children if i could. i carry a very life limiting disorder and i have the ability to test any of my unborn children for it and would choose to abort them if they had the disorder, it would be nicer on the child who doesn't deserve to be born with it.

pigged 25/08/2019

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

I don't see the need to agru with someon like you ive generally not met anyone with such arrogance. Just small simple things can help someone with autism

Remember you cant see autism so you don't know who has it and who doesn't but we can not help it its not our fault so why should we be put down for something thats not out fault?
    I don't understand why you're getting so upset - are you sure you're reading what he's saying or are you just reading what you want him to say? Like, I can see if he was saying the stuff you're accusing him of saying then obviously that would be unacceptable and **** him but he's actually not saying any of that.

What does not being able to see autism immediately in someone have anything to do with his posts at all? I'm also 100% sure he has not even implied that people with autism should be 'put down' as you say.

:S

Country
    England
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Ruth-On-Toast

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Empired View Post
    I don't understand why you're getting so upset - are you sure you're reading what he's saying or are you just reading what you want him to say? Like, I can see if he was saying the stuff you're accusing him of saying then obviously that would be unacceptable and **** him but he's actually not saying any of that.

What does not being able to see autism immediately in someone have anything to do with his posts at all? I'm also 100% sure he has not even implied that people with autism should be 'put down' as you say.

:S
    Maybe we are inperating what hes saying differently

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast