HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Gene Therapy

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

I think everyone else is interpreting it the same way.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I agree with gene therapy many of the diseases that people get at birth are VERY painful and VERY difficult to live with. Why should we as loving people, allow other people to suffer when we know how to help them?

Tokens
    Habbo
    _HeyyItsHannah_

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by RuthOnToast View Post
    Think that bit is illegal im sure they said they can't change the genes in the sex cells and make the perfect child.

- - - Updated - - -

Any support....suppose it depends how autism affects the person as we are all very very different

It's called genetic engineering.. It's legal hun unless it's only in certain situations.. But it is legal for different situations.
    Last edited by _HeyyItsHannah_; 05-03-2016 at 10:27 PM.
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think
    -A.A Milne

Music is powerful.
    One song can change the mood, trigger a memory.
    One song can change your life.
    Listening to my heart

**|Live Life|Be Real|And Order Your Burger With Everything|12/28/14|**1/18/16**

Tokens
    Habbo
    _HeyyItsHannah_

Latest Awards:

You know a treatment then go on show it. We don't have a magic wand to cure it and why should we? It's not some illness or something. Saying we shouldn't get help? Are we classed as not worthy of help?

Actually. It is. It's a very. Very. Complex neurodevelopment disorder. Not a mental illness. Autism is a very complicated disease. Also, I would like to ask, why wouldn't you want to cure ASD? You obviously have seen some people that struggle every day with the same disease you have. I mean. Maybe it's just a different mindset between you and I, I have a mitochondrial disease where my mitochondrial are severely affected. It affects almost everything. Life span, muscles, organs, etc., very debilitating disorder. I've seen some people struggle with it, including myself, kids die at 6, 1 month, 4 years, I am grateful that I don't have it AS bad as some people, but I would still LOVE to cure it. That's become my life goal. Autism too should be cured. Don't tell me if there was suddenly a cure they made, you wouldn't take it?
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think
    -A.A Milne

Music is powerful.
    Listening to my heart

Country
    England
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Ruth-On-Toast

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by _HeyyItsHannah_ View Post
    Actually. It is. It's a very. Very. Complex neurodevelopment disorder. Not a mental illness. Autism is a very complicated disease. Also, I would like to ask, why wouldn't you want to cure ASD? You obviously have seen some people that struggle every day with the same disease you have. I mean. Maybe it's just a different mindset between you and I, I have a mitochondrial disease where my mitochondrial are severely affected. It affects almost everything. Life span, muscles, organs, etc., very debilitating disorder. I've seen some people struggle with it, including myself, kids die at 6, 1 month, 4 years, I am grateful that I don't have it AS bad as some people, but I would still LOVE to cure it. That's become my life goal. Autism too should be cured. Don't tell me if there was suddenly a cure they made, you wouldn't take it?

I find autism a wonderful and interesting thing and no if i could I would not cure MY autism because its a massive part of me and my personality and i wouldn't want to change who i am. But maybe have a cure for those who are affected more

- - - Updated - - -

It's called genetic engineering.. It's legal hun unless it's only in certain situations.. But it is legal for different situations.
    No honestly its only a legal to a certain point. You can't do it to the sex cells something to do with yano them things called morals

Tokens
    Habbo
    _HeyyItsHannah_

Latest Awards:

I find autism a wonderful and interesting thing and no if i could I would not cure MY autism because its a massive part of me and my personality and i wouldn't want to change who i am. But maybe have a cure for those who are affected more

- - - Updated - - -

No honestly its only a legal to a certain point. You can't do it to the sex cells something to do with yano them things called morals
    You find autism a wonderful thing? Would you like to elaborate on this?

and yes... That is what I just said. As to a certain situation, it is legal
    -A.A Milne

Music is powerful.
    Listening to my heart

Country
    England
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Ruth-On-Toast

Latest Awards:

You find autism a wonderful thing? Would you like to elaborate on this?

and yes... That is what I just said. As to a certain situation, it is legal
    whats not interesting about it? why is autism a bad thing? why would I want to cure my autism? why so many questions?

and yes in many countries germline gene therapy (modfided egg or spem cells) is illegal

Tokens
    Habbo
    _HeyyItsHannah_

Latest Awards:

whats not interesting about it? why is autism a bad thing? why would I want to cure my autism? why so many questions?

and yes in many countries germline gene therapy (modfided egg or spem cells) is illegal
    It's like saying cystic fibrosis isn't a bad thing. Yeah, some people aren't affected by it as bad, but the people that are, you watch them struggle. And struggle. So yes, in my mind, autism is a bad thing and I would love for one day to cure it.

If you don't want to cure a disease that you have, then fine. That's your call. You honestly don't have to. But. I think it's kind of selfish and egotistical that you don't want to cure it or think it's a good thing for all the people that struggle with daily activities. To the people who are in their mid 20's but have the MINDSET of a 3 year old. To the people that some DNA sequence or some chemical in their brain got messed up and they have to LIVE with the thought that they are SO MUCH different from others. That they STRUGGLE so much more in school than others, they're placed in a special education program. And god bless them I know it's a fight every day.

Autism is a bad thing. Why is it a bad thing? Because it keeps people from living a normal life. Because it alters how the brain works. It affects the sizes of the cerebullum, hippocampus, neurons in the brain, ventricles, SO MANY MORE THINGS. It affects a lot of things in a child or adults life. Some have worse cases, some don't. Either way, it's affecting them. I'm not saying that people with autism are stupid. I'm not saying they're worthless, i'm saying, they're affected by this in a bad way. Any disease is a bad thing because it ALTERS the way you live. I've known so many people that have hurt themselves, or killed themselves because they are "different" from others. In my mind, autism is an awful. AWFUL. thing, that is affected on wonderful people. Why not give the kids with autism, the life they might deserve. Whether that is by gene therapy, if it HELPS, then yes.
    -A.A Milne

Music is powerful.
    Listening to my heart

Country
    England
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Ruth-On-Toast

Latest Awards:

It's like saying cystic fibrosis isn't a bad thing. Yeah, some people aren't affected by it as bad, but the people that are, you watch them struggle. And struggle. So yes, in my mind, autism is a bad thing and I would love for one day to cure it.

If you don't want to cure a disease that you have, then fine. That's your call. You honestly don't have to. But. I think it's kind of selfish and egotistical that you don't want to cure it or think it's a good thing for all the people that struggle with daily activities. To the people who are in their mid 20's but have the MINDSET of a 3 year old. To the people that some DNA sequence or some chemical in their brain got messed up and they have to LIVE with the thought that they are SO MUCH different from others. That they STRUGGLE so much more in school than others, they're placed in a special education program. And god bless them I know it's a fight every day.

Autism is a bad thing. Why is it a bad thing? Because it keeps people from living a normal life. Because it alters how the brain works. It affects the sizes of the cerebullum, hippocampus, neurons in the brain, ventricles, SO MANY MORE THINGS. It affects a lot of things in a child or adults life. Some have worse cases, some don't. Either way, it's affecting them. I'm not saying that people with autism are stupid. I'm not saying they're worthless, i'm saying, they're affected by this in a bad way. Any disease is a bad thing because it ALTERS the way you live. I've known so many people that have hurt themselves, or killed themselves because they are "different" from others. In my mind, autism is an awful. AWFUL. thing, that is affected on wonderful people. Why not give the kids with autism, the life they might deserve. Whether that is by gene therapy, if it HELPS, then yes.
    How dare you really saying I this awful awful thing like anything in live its how you look at it to me your not a very positive
    person having autism does not mean you cant live a normal life? your just different In your own intresting way

no that's pretty insulting there what you said

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

How dare you really saying I this awful awful thing like anything in live its how you look at it to me your not a very positive
    person having autism does not mean you cant live a normal life? your just different In your own intresting way

no that's pretty insulting there what you said
    I feel like you're taking what's being said in this thread far too personally.
    I do have a question for you though. Do you think an autistic person who is of adult age, who cannot leave the side of his mum, dad or sister, is really going to be able to live a normal life?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast