HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gene Therapy

Country
    England
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Ruth-On-Toast

Latest Awards:

Default Gene Therapy

I don't know if this best fits here but I'm putting it here anyway

So we were talking about gene therapy in biology today and we ended up discussing rather we should cure be
    manipulating genes to stop people suffering for nasty diseases that can kill people. most people agreed that we
    if we can stop people suffering and keep them alive then we should. but I'm not really keen on the idea of
    messing with genes its like we are basically messing with nature. maybe If i one of these disease then i might
    think differently. someone mentioned (one whos amazingly smart) about using it to cure autism got to disagree with that its as if your saying there is a problem with it.

now I'm no scientists so I don't fully understand how it all works just wonder what others thought about it.

moderator alert Thread moved by Cerys (Forum Moderator) From 'Discuss Anything' as it's better suited here
    Last edited by Cerys; 01-03-2016 at 11:45 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Are you saying there isn't a problem with autism? Because I would very much disagree with that lmao.
    I am all for the concept.

Country
    England
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Ruth-On-Toast

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    Are you saying there isn't a problem with autism? Because I would very much disagree with that lmao.
    I am all for the concept.
    did you really tell someone with autism these a problem with it?

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by RuthOnToast View Post
    did you really tell someone with autism these a problem with it?
    No? I just know people with it and it's definitely not a (net) positive thing to have.

Country
    England
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Ruth-On-Toast

Latest Awards:

No? I just know people with it and it's definitely not a (net) positive thing to have.
    Well depends how you look at it as I wouldn't change my autism for anything and yes of course it has its downside but not bad
    why would someone say its a negative thing? that's pretty much bullying

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Well depends how you look at it as I wouldn't change my autism for anything and yes of course it has its downside but not bad
    why would someone say its a negative thing? that's pretty much bullying
    Lmao it's not even close to bullying. I look at it as something which needlessly limits people much more than otherwise, at least from what I've seen. Sure, they might become really creative or intelligent to some degree because of it (not sure if there's an actual proven link or not), but when you can't do the simple things then I have to question if it's worth it.

Country
    England
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Ruth-On-Toast

Latest Awards:

Lmao it's not even close to bullying. I look at it as something which needlessly limits people much more than otherwise, at least from what I've seen. Sure, they might become really creative or intelligent to some degree because of it (not sure if there's an actual proven link or not), but when you can't do the simple things then I have to question if it's worth it.
    think its known some people with autism can be pretty intelligent but maybe your limiting your knowledge. I'm autistic how is that to say I cant be successful and do stuff? with the right support we can do stuff it may be harder but its still pretty much
    possible. remember autism is very wide some of us are pretty capable with high functioning autism but there are others who are
    well not so capeable.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Noting that having a disorder isn't a positive is simply an observation, not bullying. Saying that you're a lesser person for it would be bullying, but I don't think anyone's suggesting that

But yeah I'm for gene therapy if it can help people whether as individuals or humanity as a whole. We mess with nature plenty in everything we do pretty much - we're a tool using species and medical science is one of our greatest tools
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

think its known some people with autism can be pretty intelligent but maybe your limiting your knowledge. I'm autistic how is that to say I cant be successful and do stuff? with the right support we can do stuff it may be harder but its still pretty much
    possible. remember autism is very wide some of us are pretty capable with high functioning autism but there are others who are
    well not so capeable.
    I never said autistic people can't be intelligent, what I'm referring to is the "super" intelligent people with autism but struggle with the simplest of tasks. I also never claimed those with autism couldn't be successful; you're putting words in my mouth. And your success with the right support, what kind of support are you talking about here exactly?

Tokens
    Habbo
    _HeyyItsHannah_

Latest Awards:

I'm for gene therapy. It's actually the only thing that would personally give me hope at maybe someday having my own child. I would feel absolutely terrible about myself and would for the rest of my life knowing that I passed down the genes that you can only inherit from your maternal side like with some of the diseases I have..

I'd be so scared without it because with a lot of the diseases that I have my child could die as an infant or have major physical problems later on in life like I do now.

So yes, i'm for gene therapy and genetic testing.
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think
    -A.A Milne

Music is powerful.
    One song can change the mood, trigger a memory.
    One song can change your life.
    Listening to my heart

**|Live Life|Be Real|And Order Your Burger With Everything|12/28/14|**1/18/16**

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast