HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Budget 2016

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zitrone

Latest Awards:

i think all schools becoming academies is a good idea

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    i think all schools becoming academies is a good idea
    Out of curiosity, why do you think it is a good idea?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zitrone

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    Out of curiosity, why do you think it is a good idea?
    because it will see more investment into schools with new buildings and modern facilities and the potential for longer school hours won't kill anyone

it will benefit failing schools greatly! all the schools which have turned into academies in my area in the last few years are now performing very well

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

because it will see more investment into schools with new buildings and modern facilities and the potential for longer school hours won't kill anyone

it will benefit failing schools greatly! all the schools which have turned into academies in my area in the last few years are now performing very well
    I don't really understand the longer school hours argument as I never really understood why it couldn't happen before under LA control, but where is this investment coming from?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zitrone

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    I don't really understand the longer school hours argument as I never really understood why it couldn't happen before under LA control, but where is this investment coming from?
    as well as funding directly from government, the organisations and charities who run the schools have access to more money and have more say over what it is spent on

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

someone eli5 the sugar tax for me

IS IT GOING TO AFFECT MY IRN BRU

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    Recently my grandparents health hasn't been great and I have been thinking how, despite saving all their lives and being sensible, should anything happen to them they will have that house taken off them by the government to pay for their care whilst somebody sat next to them in the same care home receiving the EXACT SAME care will pay zilch because they spent it on holiday and down at the pub and on bingo. It's a total crock of shit.
    What do you think of benefits in general? Given that comment above, it would be nice to see if you think benefits should be abolished? If not, then why? The person sitting next to them who pays zilch would technically be getting a benefit.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

Really? There was a good school that took in a failing school as an academy round me and the failing school's official reputation instantly rose but everyone knew it was actually worse than ever. Basically the good school took all the bright kids and put them on the good school site and dumped all the bad pupils on the failing school's site. Everyone knows if you go to Coleridge it's because you've been dumped from Parkside around here.

More importantly, in what world will longer school hours do anything positive? Teenage mental health is deteriorating massively and dumping more pressure and less rest on them will just make that worse - so I disagree, I think longer school hours could certainly kill some teens. School is not free childcare and it infuriates me that parents see it that way, and that the government panders to that ridiculous idea because obviously the parents can vote and the children cannot. (Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying kids should be allowed to vote.)

Really I think the entire education system needs a complete overhaul. I find exams to be quite useless and the current education system is massively biased towards girls, it's no wonder girls now beat boys with ease when it comes to educational achievements every year. I think it's ridiculous that a large chunk of your future rests on whether or not you could remember the answer to a 42 mark essay on a Wednesday afternoon in June - there's plenty more important knowledge out there than being able to memorise the Marxist view on the family or how important the structure of Frankenstein is in understanding Shelley's meanings of the novel, and regurgitate that knowledge on a piece of paper.
    And I know that stuff isn't completely irrelevant and it certainly has some value but I remember the overwhelming feeling I got at sixth form was that I was not ever allowed to develop my own opinions. In fact, I lost marks if I were ever to express my own opinion because instead I should just be evaluating what other people say.

Soz I've got off topic so I'll just say I think the education system is **** and we would do better to scrap formal exams (bc you're screwed if you've got a bad postcode no matter what the government tries to tell you) and encourage people to think for themselves and question everything that is put to them instead of force feeding them knowledge that they then have to spit back out on a day in May or June and then never have to remember again. What a waste of time it all is :/

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by scottish View Post
    someone eli5 the sugar tax for me

IS IT GOING TO AFFECT MY IRN BRU
    In response to growing concern over obesity, Chancellor George Osborne is imposing a levy on soft drinks with more than 5g of sugar per 100ml. There's a higher rate for those with more than 8g per 100ml. Fruit juice and milk-based drinks are exempt.

The Office for Budgetary Responsibility suggests the levy will add 18p or 24p per litre, or about 6p or 8p to a standard 330ml can.
    Irn Bru has 10.3g of sugar per 100ml.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-35824071

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Oh that's nothing and its fine I drink sugar free irn bru so I should be fine

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast