HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

Default What is your definition of successful?

Okay so everyone has a different meaning of successful, it can be gettin married to have a high paid job, owning a certain car, anything

What is your meaning of successful and are you there yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

wen u achieve goals you've set yourself? lucky for me my only goal is to be happy and work for what i have and iv achieved that.

pigged 25/08/2019

Like cameron446: Liked

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Wealth and a good job.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Wealth and a good job.
    this basically.

i don't buy the relativist argument that success is as long as you are happy. a bum from jeremy kyle might be happy sitting on his couch drinking cans for 30 years and never working a day in his life whilst fathering 12 feral brats who run riot over his estate but he's clearly not a success even if he's happy with himself.

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

But do you have say a bucket list of things you need to achive before you get to that 'success' rank? If so what are they

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

My idea of success is to feel fulfilled and successful. Because I think I'd hate sitting round doing nothing all day regardless of whether I was dirt poor or super loaded.

I think ultimately I just want to be doing things I enjoy doing. If that means only being able to afford a smallish house somewhere a bit crap I'd prefer that over living in a city centre doing I job I hate that pays loads bc money and material goods are not that important to me as long as I'm fairly financially stable.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

To be happy with what you have and feel fulfilled with it. I dont know if its realistic to say you want to achieve everything you want but just enough so you know you have done what you can.
    Last edited by despect; 22-02-2017 at 05:45 PM.

Tokens

I would say that my definition of successful would one day be to have enough money to comfortably support a future family.
    Although saying that I wouldn't personally say that wealth alone can define how successful I am, I would like to have a career that contributed back to society and that made a positive difference.

Thinking about it I would say that it would be inaccurate to have my aspirations for success to be centred around a sum of money, as success is something that is earned, money is just something that can make your life comfortable.
    I would say that the reason that money and success are synonymous, is that because of our economic system, we need money to live a comfortable happy life, which is I guess what we all want! And in order to get money we need to be successful, and make achievements and contributions to a chosen profession/trade, therefore with success comes money, although I wouldn't say that being rich is an indicator of success.

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

a relative question!
    since the humans find happiness by searching for stuff that they still don't own, wealthy people won't get enough until they find something which "can't be bought with money", while some people may consider that their success is to buy something they wanted more than anything
    well, don't matter who you are in this situation, your success is valid because nobody is equal to anybody and everybody's here for a specific reason, feel me?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lucpix View Post
    a relative question!
    since the humans find happiness by searching for stuff that they still don't own, wealthy people won't get enough until they find something which "can't be bought with money", while some people may consider that their success is to buy something they wanted more than anything
    well, don't matter who you are in this situation, your success is valid because nobody is equal to anybody and everybody's here for a specific reason, feel me?
    Thats actually a good explaintion. I couldnt of put it any better!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast