HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Account Cleanout (Confirmed as April Fools)

from puhekupla: https://puhekupla.com/en/news/3742

Sulake decided, due to the DDoS attacks on the Dutch and German hotel, to remove inactive accounts from every hotel on the 1st of May which:

- Are created before 2010 and haven't logged in for more than a year.
    - Are created after 2010 and haven't logged in for more than 3 years.

Macklebee confirmed this to Puhekupla via e-mail traffic.
    He said: "When we delete every inactive account, we can save on our server costs, so we can invest in a lot of other things for Habbo, like clothes and new furniture for example."
    We asked him if there is not another way of saving server space, he replied: "We removed the personal homes last year, and we hoped that would save enough server space, but that wasn't enough, unfortunately."

Banned accounts will get removed too, we understood from Macklebee that banned accounts are the biggest problem on the server space.

The last time Habbo deleted inactive accounts was in 2010, subsequently making lots of unique names became available.
    Chances are that Habbo enables the feature for Habbo Club members to change your Habbo name immediately after deleting the inactive accounts, but that's just speculation.

Our advice to everyone with an old account is to log in before the 1st of May. If otherwise, your account will be lost/gone forever.
    What are your thoughts on this?

got a couple i'll log in to just in case
    Last edited by David; 30-03-2016 at 01:34 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Is this confirmed or is it an early April Fools? As it is fast approaching to that date and some people do it early to catch people out.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Does this mean if they're on an ID and haven't been logged into they'll be deleted too? It'll take a while figuring out my emails and passwords to them.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

If it isn't an April fools joke then its a really stupid time to announce it. The only account I would want to save is my very first, but I dont even know the info for it so that'll probably go.
    Former General Manager
    Former Forum Manager
    Former Site Manager

I've left, but I still visit sometimes!

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

I'm also interested in how deleting accounts saves them money. It just clears up dead weight and gives them free space on their storage devices and gives them more room to play with. Obviously, I don't know what servers Sulake have or how they have it setup. Unless it's licensing cost or something? Maybe.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    :Cerys

Latest Awards:

That's a bit stupid about the banned accounts one if it's true, I'd be well annoyed if I couldn't get back onto my account in 2022....

Tokens
    Habbo
    Absently

Latest Awards:

oh man that means my maze will be messed up because isocks is gonna get deleted sod you @Meanies;

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

It seems this is an April Fools by the fansite:

Credit to HabboTravel for the screenshots.
    Last edited by xxMATTGxx; 30-03-2016 at 02:21 PM.

Previous Habbox Roles

Tokens

Latest Awards:

They could do with a clear out, I would like my banned account back , it looked legit aside from when they said the last deletion was in 2010 when it was in 2011.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Absently

Latest Awards:

Oh yaaaas this is fab news!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast