HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default Wife of Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau criticised

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-c...alflow_twitter

Sophie Gregoire Trudeau: Canadian PM wife sparks 'help' debate

Quote Originally Posted by BBC News
    Canadians are debating the role of the prime minister's wife after Sophie Gregoire Trudeau said she wants to do more for the country but "needs help".
    She told a French-language newspaper she was struggling to balance her schedule only having one staff member. "I'd love to be everywhere but I can't," she said. "I have three children and a husband who is prime minister." Some are ridiculing her for what they perceived as pretentious comments.

What exactly was her complaint?

She told Le Soleil newspaper that she is "flooded with requests" for appearances and projects and that she does not have the time to do it all. "It's hard to choose because it is affecting the people who want your help," she said. "You say to yourself: I will try to convey a message that will reach as many people as possible." "There is always a price to pay, but the price shouldn't be as high," she said of balancing work and family.

She made the comments while promoting an organisation for active and healthy lifestyles. In her youth, she suffered with eating disorders, she told the newspaper, and she wants to help young women build self-confidence.

Opposition politicians in Canada called Ms Gregoire Trudeau out of touch and pointed out that previous prime ministers' wives dealt with only having one personal aide.

Tory MP Candice Bergen said Canadian families are struggling financially and questioned how the government could afford to hire another assistant.

Another Tory MP, Jason Kenney, said former prime minister Stephen Harper's wife, Laureen, never complained. "Harpers paid for babysitters, not taxpayers," he tweeted. "And they didn't inherit millions. Nor did Laureen whinge about it."
    Ah we seem to have a case of Cherie Blair syndrome developing here. I warned when this guy was elected he was the Canadian Blair.

May I remind Ms Trudeau she is not First Lady and her husband is not the President. She has no official role and nor should she. The same was evident during the Blair Reign of Terror (1997-2007) where Cherie Blair clashed with the Royal Family and officials because she has delusions of importance.

Pipe down Sophie. Canada is a monarchy with a Queen and your husband is simply the Prime Minister, not His Excellency the President.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

I disagree, I am sure she would be criticised if she refused to have anything to do with her husband's job, declined all appearance requests, never came out with him, etc.

And three children take up a hell of a lot of time.