HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

the problem might persist but it stops people impersonating hotel staff which is probably their aim in this, pretty sure i've seen presents in the past impersonating hotel managers.
    magik*magik

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Surely instead they should give a special design for staff and send out a gift of something to make people aware and send one to every time a new user logs in. I feel like they've just taken the lazy route to solving the issue.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    presents in the backend
    gigglez

But yeah can't see this doing any damage, it's good so that if people do manage to fall for the scams it's easier for the players themselves to trace who's sending the scam gifts and we're not losing a particularly important feature for it
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    e5

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    That problem will still exist though. The only difference is you can tell who has sent you a present - Unless they have done additional changes.
    yeah, they'll just make a fake accounts. they probably do anyway so their main doesn't get banned

Tokens
    Habbo
    Cerinacy

Latest Awards:

I think this a good step from Habbo for the reasons outlined above, scammers. This therefore means their accounts can be banned.

Tokens
    Habbo
    M4ttTf

Latest Awards:

As its been said, apart from not being able to surprise somebody, we're not actually losing that big a' feature. I wouldn't be surprised if Habbo used the whole 'we can't moderate the messages being sent through gifts' excuse again honestly. However on the brighter side, we will be able to track down those who are attempting to scam - which should hopefully decrease a lot if not completely - with the removal of anonymous gifting. Yeah, it makes it easier for the hotel Moderators to track down the users impersonating Hotel Staff, but it also makes it easier for us to know who to report or avoid or even just be further aware of.

To conclude, for me, it is a mix of positive and negative although as you can see, I'm highly bias towards positive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12