HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Anonymous Gifting Removed!

Someone sent an invite about this yesterday so I checked and they're right, for some reason anonymous gifting has been removed:

I was talking to @Jam; about it and he said it would mean those scammers who give sites and stuff like that over gift will not happen anymore! In a way I can see why they've done it, but I liked the ability to gift someone anonymously for that added surprise and mystery.

What are your thoughts on this?

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Awh it's a shame because you can't surprise someone but it at least it should stop spammers!

No more Habbox Fairy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Samantha; 01-06-2016 at 08:04 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Flairr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    No more Habbox Fairy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You could always create an account called HabboxFairy or something

In terms of removing the feature, doesn't make sense to me but I am sure there is a logical reason.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Bit crap removing a feature really but I'm I surprised? Not at all.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Flairr View Post
    You could always create an account called HabboxFairy or something

In terms of removing the feature, doesn't make sense to me but I am sure there is a logical reason.
    True actually!

It's most probably to stop people sending the scam sites like you've been named hottest habbo etc so people don't fall for it and lose their accounts

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

True actually!

It's most probably to stop people sending the scam sites like you've been named hottest habbo etc so people don't fall for it and lose their accounts
    That problem will still exist though. The only difference is you can tell who has sent you a present - Unless they have done additional changes.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    That problem will still exist though. The only difference is you can tell who has sent you a present - Unless they have done additional changes.
    Yeah but from Habbo's perspective they'll be able to see who sent them and ban them?

Having said that they must have tracking actually even with anonymous presents, maybe it's to like encourage people to report the scammers so they don't have to be on the lookout themselves? Idk, just thinking

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Yeah but from Habbo's perspective they'll be able to see who sent them and ban them?

Having said that they must have tracking actually even with anonymous presents, maybe it's to like encourage people to report the scammers so they don't have to be on the lookout themselves? Idk, just thinking
    Habbo should have been able to track presents in the backend either way. I would have thought that would have been all logged - The anonymous part was just a front-end feature for us players.

Previous Habbox Roles

Tokens

Latest Awards:

They probably use the excuse 'we can't moderate the messages that are sent' so if you see who sent it that makes it easier. That was the reason for the removal of Guest Books and Minimail anyway.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Samanfa View Post
    They probably use the excuse 'we can't moderate the messages that are sent' so if you see who sent it that makes it easier. That was the reason for the removal of Guest Books and Minimail anyway.
    They can't really moderate what anyone says other than the filter which should extend to gifts anyway??

Haven't you been able to avoid filter on presents for a whole anyway or am i making that up?

If nothing else it lets Habbo's know who's trying to scam them so they're more likely to report said scammer and Habbo don't have to go searching to find them...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast