HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    thatc00lgirl

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    I think you've gone the wrong way in this tbh lmao
    Yeah i think so too, i have no idea wtf am i talking about HAHAHAH.
    I think it must be the vodka smoothie i just had. How did Trump even get in aha, i am so sorry

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Dolce and Gabbana used "real people" in their menswear s/s 2013 runway show. They were still quite attractiveof course, but they were supposed to have a just off the street look rather than looking like models... and it was pretty much their worst catwalk ever you can't look to the fashion industry to fix things like this because their clothes aren't meant for your average Joe and Joan, they're put on lanky blank-faced models so that you don't even see the model and the clothes as separate entities. In my view the whole "real people" thing (whoever does it) is a daft marketing feature and nothing more, and shouldn't be celebrated just because it's not what other people do

To the main topic, I'd say that of course there are pros and cons to both but in generallllllllllll the cons for Western women seem to be annoyances whereas the cons for Western men are far more often life threatening
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

Hello as a woman I actually hate positive discrimination and would consider it a con for both males and females because it's obvs biased against men but it's bad for women too as I'd constantly worry whether I deserve to be there or if I'm just the token woman being used to tick a box. I think about that a lot watchingn comedy panel shows and things.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    Dolce and Gabbana used "real people" in their menswear s/s 2013 runway show. They were still quite attractiveof course, but they were supposed to have a just off the street look rather than looking like models... and it was pretty much their worst catwalk ever you can't look to the fashion industry to fix things like this because their clothes aren't meant for your average Joe and Joan, they're put on lanky blank-faced models so that you don't even see the model and the clothes as separate entities. In my view the whole "real people" thing (whoever does it) is a daft marketing feature and nothing more, and shouldn't be celebrated just because it's not what other people do

To the main topic, I'd say that of course there are pros and cons to both but in generallllllllllll the cons for Western women seem to be annoyances whereas the cons for Western men are far more often life threatening
    Can you list them for us please
    Like Empired Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

List what, the more dangerous sides?

- Almost no national funding for prostate cancer despite it being more prevalent than breast cancer
    - Far far far higher suicide rates (over 3x), yet lack of support
    - To follow on from the last point there are only 20 spaces for abused males in refuge shelters in the whole of the UK. A further 58 may be allocated to men if they're free at the time (and in some of these, being over TWELVE means you're a "man")
    - Men are hugely more likely to be the victims of every kind of violent assault other than rape and yet we're told how nice it must be to be able to walk around at night safely
    - 95% of workplace deaths are males
    - An enormous majority of the homeless population (whose risks of being attacked in all forms are sadly ridiculously high) are males who have no family with them

These are just the potentially life threatening ones
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

List what, the more dangerous sides?

- Almost no national funding for prostate cancer despite it being more prevalent than breast cancer
    - Far far far higher suicide rates (over 3x), yet lack of support
    - To follow on from the last point there are only 20 spaces for abused males in refuge shelters in the whole of the UK. A further 58 may be allocated to men if they're free at the time (and in some of these, being over TWELVE means you're a "man")
    - Men are hugely more likely to be the victims of every kind of violent assault other than rape and yet we're told how nice it must be to be able to walk around at night safely
    - 95% of workplace deaths are males
    - An enormous majority of the homeless population (whose risks of being attacked in all forms are sadly ridiculously high) are males who have no family with them

These are just the potentially life threatening ones
    well due to the ben stiller news today i've learnt that prostate cancer is more prevalent in older men (late 40s +) while breast cancer can affect younger women, and mortality rates of prostate cancer are lower

re suicide how is that a gender issue? thats a lack of mental health support in general. same goes for victims of assault, could easily change the stats to geographical or socio economical

everything you listed females experience as well, it's not gender specific. i've not even posted in this thread and nowhere in this thread have i said how females have it worse but legit all the cons you listed as life threatening for males are life threatening for females

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Of course they're life threatening for women too, the point being that they are MORE SO for men since they occur at far greater rates and with far less support
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

It's silly, women and men both have our pros and cons and we all suffer from different things. Surely part of the problem though is being belittled by another group saying they somehow have it worse and we should quit complaining about nothing? There's not a lot individuals can do about a lot of the cons in this thread but I'm 100% sure women telling men (and vice versa) to suck it up cos someone else has it worse just creates resentment and discourages people from being vocal about their struggles and therefore prevents change.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

I don't think anyone's said anything of the sort, all problems are problems
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

the cons for Western women seem to be annoyances whereas the cons for Western men are far more often life threatening
    translation: the cons for Western women are little petty things whereas the cons for Western men are REAL problems

so shut up yes you did

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast