HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recycling

Tokens
    Habbo
    e5

Latest Awards:

Default Recycling

Do you recycle? Are you a regular recycler or do you just recycle when you remember or when it's convenient?

I try my best to re-cycle everything I can and as much as I can.

They say there has been an 85% reduction since they brought in the 5p carrier bags, which IMO is great. They are now talking about charging for plastic bottles... You buy the bottle, and the shop charges you 10p, if you bring it back for recycling, you get your 10p back... This is potentially a huge business for someone who will go hunt a load of plastic bottles and sell them back haha.

I'm pretty up for that, I mean, you get your money back as long as you recycle it, so it's a win-win!

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

We are kinda forced to where I live. We have like 4 different bins - The one I hate the most is the food waste bin. Like, sure you shouldn't waste food but sometimes you just can't finish the meal but my god that bin gets nasty.

In terms of shopping bags, I only ever get one If I really need it. Normally I would have a bag on me anyway with my work stuff in so I would just shove my items in there If I can.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Wasn't the 10/20p bottle a thing like 10 years ago lol

We don't here, at parents house we had like Matt dif bins for everYthing but here it's just one big one

Tokens

Latest Awards:

we have different bins in our house for recycling one we have a tiny food bin, a paper/plastic bin and a general waste

i always make sure to recycle in college cus there's 2 bins in the food areas

Tokens
    Habbo
    :Cerys

Latest Awards:

We only have 3 bins here, black bin for general stuff, green bin for recycling and lil grey bin for food.
    We're kind of forced to recycle cos the black and green bin is only collected every two weeks alternatively. So if you put everything in the black bin it'll be full long before the two weekly collection.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Ye I recycle when I can. Annoyingly at the moment I have to sort through the recycling here as nobody seems to realise you can't just put any old crap in there.

Tokens
    Habbo
    thatc00lgirl

Latest Awards:

Yeah my family recycles whenever and however we can.
    We either reuse the plastic bags we get at the supermarket, or give the plastic bottles to my aunt who uses them for her
    air plants which she hangs in her farm, or collect a bag of cans and give it to those aunties foraging through the trash and
    at the end of the month we give the whole lot of newspapers to the karang guni man so he can sort out and sell to those
    recycling plants.

We'll bring either our own fabric shopping bags to the supermarket or the plastic bags we get to the wet market.

Tokens
    Habbo
    X

Latest Awards:

We have to recycle in my area otherwise they won't take our bins. We are also only allowed to fill up 1 black bag every 2 weeks as that's when they are collected. If we have additional black bags we have take them to a household recycling centre ourselves. I think that's pretty bad tbh, especially for those who have big families :/

Tokens
    Habbo
    e5

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Cerys View Post
    We only have 3 bins here, black bin for general stuff, green bin for recycling and lil grey bin for food.
    We're kind of forced to recycle cos the black and green bin is only collected every two weeks alternatively. So if you put everything in the black bin it'll be full long before the two weekly collection.
    thats Leeds for ya

black for geneal
    green recycling
    brown garden

dunno about brown but black and green every 2 weeks alternatively but they take everything and aren't fussy.

the bottle thing is just being talked about now on the news

Tokens
    Habbo
    thatc00lgirl

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by e5 View Post
    thats Leeds for ya

black for geneal
    green recycling
    brown garden

dunno about brown but black and green every 2 weeks alternatively but they take everything and aren't fussy.

the bottle thing is just being talked about now on the news
    ooo in my estate, we have 4 different colors.

Green - General
    Red - Plastic
    Blue - Paper
    Yellow - Cans

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast