HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Panic Attacks

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Never used to struggle with mental health issues until the past year or so. I haven't told my family, the only person that knows is my girlfriend. Started to have panic attacks on a near daily basis, some days are worse than others. I've isolated myself from my friends because I feel stupid and yet I feel like a horrible person for doing so.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Nope, panicking is not productive.

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by scottish View Post
    Nope, panicking is not productive.
    it's not a choice u goon

pigged 25/08/2019

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

Yeah I get panic attacks from nothing where I have to sit down and I can't breathe, first time I got one my mum thought I was having an asthma attack lol. Also my brain just stops working properly so I keep trying to start sentences but I dont know how to finish them.

Even tho that's exactly what happens thats such a lame description of what happens to me, it's so intense it's like nothing can ever be good again and no ones listening and no one likes me and it's all gone awful, though simultaneously I know that's all in my head and I just need to calm down.

Basically they suck.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    I get these regularly. Once a day would be a bad week, once a week would be a tremendously good week. I have differing severities during the week, sometimes I just stop functioning and space out, sometimes I'm uncontrollably shaking, sometimes it's a fast heart rate but I can carry on with life.

Calming down for me depends on the trigger - I try to listen to a calming/mindful playlist on Spotify (you can search the default ones, there's tons of playlists on YouTube or create your own one while you're not massively panicking) or read something, even if it's some BS about what the guys from TOWIE are doing to immerse yourself in a different world than the one you're in and struggling with. Sometimes going outside for a walk works as well, sometimes it does nothing, it really depends what sort of thing has triggered it.

I wish I could actually help more but it's so like, personal I guess, and sometimes there's nothing you can do to make them go away. I've had bad weeks where for about 5 days I've had pretty continual panic attacks (recently actually) and literally couldn't do anything until I went to the doctors and spoke to them and got some help that way. That might be something to consider if you feel like this is going on for more than a couple of isolated incidents

- - - Updated - - -

Haha, you can't imagine being that panicked over something - try being that panicked over nothing!! I get panic attacks all the time when I can't think of a trigger for it, it's so frustrating to the logical part of my brain!!
    Does it just happen suddenly and at random? Can't get my head around it haha
    Former General Manager
    Former Forum Manager
    Former Site Manager

I've left, but I still visit sometimes!

Tokens
    Habbo
    .Shar.

Latest Awards:

I get them but I've gotten better at managing them and aware of triggers.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Does it just happen suddenly and at random? Can't get my head around it haha
    Yup. There probably IS a trigger every time but sometimes I genuinely can't pinpoint it, the amount of times I've text @FlyingJesus; being like HELP IM PANICKING AND IDK WHY is honestly amusing (well, it's not amusing at the time).

I think sometimes it's panicking about panicking that triggers it, I worry about having a panic attack, added to the other worries I have at the moment and the other stress I'm under and it just gets too much and that triggers it. Sometimes the smallest thing (like the internet going off as I'm about to post a thread or something as small as my mouse lagging a bit can trigger if everything else is that bad.

But yeah there are a few occasions where it's like... literally no reason (it seems), can be having a great day - this happened one day this week - and I went out to lunch and started having a panic attack and was shaking so badly? And I didn't even feel worried mentally? It might just be my brain blocking it out or something though idk

BUT YEAH IT'S NOT LOGICAL and even I don't understand it

ps @scottish; I'd totally -rep you for your last comment if we still had rep

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zitrone

Latest Awards:

i used to get them on the bus to sixth form a few times not sure if they were panic attacks but made me very hot, dizzy, light headed, needed to vomit and go toilet

and as soon as i got off the bus i was fine lol

one time i did faint on the bus and i made a thread about it

https://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=821522
    Last edited by lemons; 06-10-2016 at 09:52 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    Yup. There probably IS a trigger every time but sometimes I genuinely can't pinpoint it, the amount of times I've text @FlyingJesus; being like HELP IM PANICKING AND IDK WHY is honestly amusing (well, it's not amusing at the time).

I think sometimes it's panicking about panicking that triggers it, I worry about having a panic attack, added to the other worries I have at the moment and the other stress I'm under and it just gets too much and that triggers it. Sometimes the smallest thing (like the internet going off as I'm about to post a thread or something as small as my mouse lagging a bit can trigger if everything else is that bad.

But yeah there are a few occasions where it's like... literally no reason (it seems), can be having a great day - this happened one day this week - and I went out to lunch and started having a panic attack and was shaking so badly? And I didn't even feel worried mentally? It might just be my brain blocking it out or something though idk

BUT YEAH IT'S NOT LOGICAL and even I don't understand it

ps @scottish; I'd totally -rep you for your last comment if we still had rep
    it's a jk m8 but like @Chris; i cant understand it but that's because we don't get it I guess.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by scottish View Post
    it's a jk m8 but like @Chris; i cant understand it but that's because we don't get it I guess.
    my mum's the same, she doesn't understand it at all, it's just a difference where people either try to support even though they don't understand or they don't even try and just deny it exists cos it's not something they can comprehend. The second one is really tough, I've had people like that in my life and it's really tough when you're struggling and they pretty much just say get over it you can control this

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast