HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Default Nintendo Switch

Nintendo have released a video of their upcoming game console: Nintendo Switch.

Introducing Nintendo Switch! In addition to providing single and multiplayer thrills at home, the Nintendo Switch system also enables gamers to play the same title wherever, whenever and with whomever they choose. The mobility of a handheld is now added to the power of a home gaming system to enable unprecedented new video game play styles.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator
    Like x-s-x Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Definitely interested in it. Will have to see what the support is like and how much it costs. Will probably be at least a year into the release before I consider buying it though.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

They already did this with SNES and Supergameboy but cool I guess, never really been into handhelds so not the console for me but can imagine it'll do well
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

Interesting, I really like the idea behind it and the name is great, sums it up perfectly!
    Former General Manager
    Former Forum Manager
    Former Site Manager

I've left, but I still visit sometimes!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

In theory it sounds good but at least for me it would depend on the games available. Previous Nintendo consoles have been more if not exclusively targeted to casual gamers. If it can compete with the big consoles it could do well but being also portable I can't imagine it's power to be as good

Tokens
    Habbo
    Flairr

Latest Awards:

I think its a novelty, but time will tell. Not overly impressed and haven't been for years, but should they release Diddy Kong Racing 2, instant buy.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Pyroka

Latest Awards:

I think I may buy this if I need to travel a lot more, that's a superb concept that they've taken... Just depends on pricing.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

Interesting, very interesting. It's going to be damn powerful for a handheld. I'll probably get one. Depends on the games though. I really like handhelds. I'm just glad they're not going toe-to-toe with Microsoft and Sony on a power console.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Nintendo had a bit of a PR event late last night where they announced more information about their new console "Nintendo Switch"

Nintendo has finally revealed the price and release date for its much-anticipated Switch console: it’s launching on March 3rd worldwide, and in North America the console will be available for $299.99. It’ll be launching alongside a new minigame collection called 1-2 Switch, which aims to show off some of the unique features of the Switch’s controllers, as well as the much-anticipated Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. The device also won’t feature region-locking for software, so you can play games from any region no matter where you buy your console, and will offer a paid online subscription service.
    http://www.theverge.com/2017/1/12/14...rice-announced

Specs
    The Switch has a 6.2-inch multitouch display with HD (1280x720px) resolution - but when connected to the TV dock, games can be played at Full HD (1920x1080px).

It has just 32GB of integrated storage, but this can be expanded thanks to its microSD card slot. The games you'll play on the Switch will come on proprietary 'game cards', which should help to reduce the problem of the device's limited onboard storage.

Nintendo didn't say much about the Switch's graphics hardware; indeed, it only refers to the device as having a 'custom' Nvidia Tegra GPU. Predictably, Nvidia's CEO talked up the Switch earlier this week, saying that "people are going to be blown away" by the new console when they see it in action, although he can hardly be described as an impartial observer on the matter.
    Sources:
    http://www.theverge.com/2017/1/12/14...rice-announced
    https://www.neowin.net/news/game-on-...u-need-to-know

Game.co.uk have it on Pre-Order for £279.99.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Surprised it's that cheap here. Actually cheaper here than in the US when you tax into account our 20% tax (~£234 or ~$285).
    I'm definitely interested, but it's very much lacking in the game department so won't be considering it for a year at least I imagine.

Holy shit at the price of games though.
    Last edited by dbgtz; 13-01-2017 at 01:03 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast