HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

By that logic it's sexist to say that you're 100% gay or straight
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +
    Like hungryfront Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    JamesSparky

Latest Awards:

I'm totally over society... you say one thing you're classed 'x' 'y' or 'z' you say another to maybe agree you're then classed as 'a' 'b' 'c'.

There's too many inequalities within society but ruling out a gender, race or ethnicity as your 'preference' for being perhaps black, white, Asian, Indian... isn't racist or xenophobic it is purely preference.

Like the preference you have means you may not be sexually attracted to that gender, race or ethnicity and therefore they may not be your type sexually, but that doesn't mean to say these people are completely 'excluded' as you may find people of that gender, race or ethnicity as a friend etc.

However if you completely despise a whole gender, race or ethnicity based upon nothing with the intent to be malicious then yes that is racist, homophobic and xenophobic.

Nobody is going to like everybody - and that applies to your preferences.

That's mildly like saying that a straight person isn't a gay person's type. Well no, it's their preference they prefer a specific gender over the other.
    (PSA: This isn't me saying "oh a gay person chose to be gay" or "a gay person is born gay" because thats a different debate).
    Last edited by Reality; 07-11-2016 at 06:45 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Artpops

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    By that logic it's sexist to say that you're 100% gay or straight
    Not at all. Race and gender are two different things.
    My logic is not applicable to sexuality, however it is to racial preference. Being inclined towards a certain race is perfectly acceptable, you may (generally) find their features more attractive. However, to, as aforementioned, decline an entire race is nonsensical as it's impossible to have seen every single variation of man or woman belonging to that racial group. You may have a general dislike for their features and find them unattractive, but when you're ostracizing an entire group of people based upon witnessing only a minute handful of them, I fail to believe that there isn't a form of repressed racism within.

Tokens
    Habbo
    JamesSparky

Latest Awards:

I think you pre much summed up what I was trying to say but with like 5k less characters
    Quote Originally Posted by Artpops View Post
    Not at all. Race and gender are two different things.
    My logic is not applicable to sexuality, however it is to racial preference. Being inclined towards a certain race is perfectly acceptable, you may (generally) find their features more attractive. However, to, as aforementioned, decline an entire race is nonsensical as it's impossible to have seen every single variation of man or woman belonging to that racial group. You may have a general dislike for their features and find them unattractive, but when you're ostracizing an entire group of people based upon witnessing only a minute handful of them, I fail to believe that there isn't a form of repressed racism within.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

if we all followed this then surely being straight = homophobia??? < also lol I just remembered have actually seen someone on tumblr say this

it's not racist to not be attracted to other races just like it's not sexist or homophobic to only be attracted to people of the opposite/same sex surely??

I mean I guess saying "ew id never date a black person they're horrible cos of x stereotype" would prob be a racist comment but you can't help who you're attracted to?

Based on who i've been attracted to in the past i'm much more attracted to white people than of any other race but I'm not gonna sit there and say NEVER GONNA LIKE AN INDIAN/CHINESE/BLACK etc person, just like someone who is straight saying NEVER GONNA LIKE ANOTHER WOMAN isn't homophobic???

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Artpops View Post
    However, to, as aforementioned, decline an entire race is nonsensical
    Good thing no-one's done that then. That isn't what the thread's about
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    Flairr

Latest Awards:

Surely there is something about human nature that in our minds tell us this kind of stuff. Sounds to me like its the kind of thing that would come into that category. I definitely don't think it is racist to have a preference however as that seems to be the debate that is going on. I think society is way to sensitive these days, no longer can somebody just feel something or have an opinion on something without some label being attached.

Tokens
    Habbo
    hungryfront

Latest Awards:

Because I'm not attracted to a certain sex, am I sexist? No. So if I'm not attracted to a certain race, am I racist?
    by the way i'm totally up for all races, my gf is asian
    just here to be political considering there's been a pretty one-sided viewpoint on here for a couple of years x

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Totally up for all races hehe

Dunno how it would be racist if u didn't find black ppl attractive etc

Tokens
    Habbo
    Flooom

Latest Awards:

anything thts hot.

some white people are hot
    some asian people are hot
    some black people are hot (but i find its rare, no offence)
    some latina people are hot

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast