HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Rubbish

Latest Awards:

Default COMPETITIONS FEEDBACK

Your feedback would REALLY help and I will actually take all of it into consideration. You guys need to tell me what you want to see as I don't just want to do things for the sake of it if nobody wants it.

Competition entries are really limited and have been for ages. What is it that makes you guys not enter them? Effort? Crap prizes? Don't really play Habbo? What kind of competitions are your favs and what sort of prizes would make you enter competitions? We're thinking of a monthly voucher prize at the moment, would this interest people? Mainly Amazon as you can pretty much get anything and everything from there.

Feedback appreciated.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Rubbish

Latest Awards:

@buttons; @Cerys;

Members who have read this thread:
    buttons*, Catchy, Cerys, despect, scottish

lmao

Plz feedback or i cant give you nice prizes

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

I think prizes are okay but maybe some could be more branded for people who do not use Habbo so it could be more forum things, more competitions for the competitions VIP too because I haven't seen that given out for agesss. Does it even still exist? I definitely agree with the monthly vouchers too, that would be great and it would I think get people entering them a lot more!

I don't personally enter graphic competitions but I know they are very popular so more of those would be good too. I think something that competitions have had a lack of advertisement on client and on twitter. I know Martin has been doing some competitions and his competitions have been advertised and getting a decent amount of interest which is great to see!

Maybe you could also get other departments involved in competitions so other departments could have like a monthly competition, I know for one that HabboxLive would be very up for doing a monthly competition if that's something you'd be willing to let us do.

Well done and good luck in your new role either way .

Like Catchy Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    :Cerys

Latest Awards:

Dw I'm writing u a nice lil paragraph when I get onto my laptop x x

Like Catchy Liked

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I know I'm staff again now, but I'll still give my input on why I didn't usually enter competitions!

Firstly, when I left as Competitions Manager and James and Rosie took over they changed the way competitions were released and had them where X amount of them began and ended on the same date, which is fine, but once you've entered them all you're literally waiting 5-6 days for new ones. I think it could be interesting to do 'Quick-Fire' competitions that last less time, but the prizes are still worthwhile - a little like Quick Quizzes in the Forum Department and the ones they run for Habbox 24. You need to give members something new to enter most of the time whether it be on Habbo or on the Forum. When I say on Habbo as well, you could easily just create a mini maze, get them to screenshot themselves in the last room and say if you enter you're in the running to win X prize, just always keep them interested and it might pay off!

I think the prizes could be improved, I know you want to do this already, so I won't go over this too much! I think the prizes should be expanded for the likes of those who have a lot of VIP/Tokens/Creds as they probably don't really need it - you could also do a points system for members who enter/win competitions so they can reach milestones to win certain prizes, similarly to the Staff of the Month scheme.

I think you might have gathered this when I returned, but I hate competitions that follow the same aim that are done repeatedly, it gets really boring when there are so many potential ideas out there!

Also, the names of the competitions in the past have gone downhill, they don't grab my attention and make me want to enter, a competition name should be snappy, but should also summarise the competition's aim in it as much as they can too. I remember in recent months there were stupid names that didn't even make sense nor explain the competition - plus the name actually didn't relate at all, what's the point in that? I think they could be improved, but I'm sure that will come in time and I have seen an improvement recently too.

Edit: In relation to the prizes, there's already an exclusive VIP for the department, but you could also release exclusive icons for the winners/entries too. This could probably be expanded and be explained more in-depth, but it's something to consider.
    Last edited by Samantha; 22-11-2016 at 08:41 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Rubbish

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by despect View Post
    I think prizes are okay but maybe some could be more branded for people who do not use Habbo so it could be more forum things, more competitions for the competitions VIP too because I haven't seen that given out for agesss. Does it even still exist? I definitely agree with the monthly vouchers too, that would be great and it would I think get people entering them a lot more!

I don't personally enter graphic competitions but I know they are very popular so more of those would be good too. I think something that competitions have had a lack of advertisement on client and on twitter. I know Martin has been doing some competitions and his competitions have been advertised and getting a decent amount of interest which is great to see!

Maybe you could also get other departments involved in competitions so other departments could have like a monthly competition, I know for one that HabboxLive would be very up for doing a monthly competition if that's something you'd be willing to let us do.

Well done and good luck in your new role either way .
    In regards to the special VIP I'm not too sure but will find out, this is something I was thinking to myself earlier though. An exclusive VIP colour which only one person can have at a time and maybe a badge if people like forum badges. In regards to the vouchers, this is something I'm seriously considering as Habbo prizes aren't enough anymore and I think it would increase activity on the forum generally. In talks atm on what types of competitions these would be though and how they'd be run e.g. posting comp? or normal comps? Gonna aim to try set this up shortly though with monthly vouchers as I think it could definitely work. Would also be interested in working with other departments such as the radio and events so let's talk soon about that @FlyingJesus; I now have access to the twitter and gonna aim to try promote more and encourage more users and posters, also got a few other ideas for promoting which I'm gonna be working on shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Samanfa View Post
    I know I'm staff again now, but I'll still give my input on why I didn't usually enter competitions!

Firstly, when I left as Competitions Manager and James and Rosie took over they changed the way competitions were released and had them where X amount of them began and ended on the same date, which is fine, but once you've entered them all you're literally waiting 5-6 days for new ones. I think it could be interesting to do 'Quick-Fire' competitions that last less time, but the prizes are still worthwhile - a little like Quick Quizzes in the Forum Department and the ones they run for Habbox 24. You need to give members something new to enter most of the time whether it be on Habbo or on the Forum. When I say on Habbo as well, you could easily just create a mini maze, get them to screenshot themselves in the last room and say if you enter you're in the running to win X prize, just always keep them interested and it might pay off!

I think the prizes could be improved, I know you want to do this already, so I won't go over this too much! I think the prizes should be expanded for the likes of those who have a lot of VIP/Tokens/Creds as they probably don't really need it - you could also do a points system for members who enter/win competitions so they can reach milestones to win certain prizes, similarly to the Staff of the Month scheme.

I think you might have gathered this when I returned, but I hate competitions that follow the same aim that are done repeatedly, it gets really boring when there are so many potential ideas out there!

Also, the names of the competitions in the past have gone downhill, they don't grab my attention and make me want to enter, a competition name should be snappy, but should also summarise the competition's aim in it as much as they can too. I remember in recent months there were stupid names that didn't even make sense nor explain the competition - plus the name actually didn't relate at all, what's the point in that? I think they could be improved, but I'm sure that will come in time and I have seen an improvement recently too.
    Mazes are a good idea, are they still popular? @xxMATTGxx; @Absently; how would I go about making a maze? Need your expertise, also @Red; and @Kyle; you were always good with rooms and had lots of good ideas so your help would be good if you have the time.

In regards to comp names @Absently; has come up with a good idea to attract the right people for the right comps, so if we're running a real life prize we will simply put [REAL LIFE PRIZE] [HABBO PRIZE] [VIP] etc etc. Would that work for people? And if you seen [REAL LIFE PRIZE] would people be more inclined to click on the comp to see what it was about? Im gonna look into all the things you've said sam, thanks for all the feedback!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shonly

Latest Awards:

after being in competitions management for around 2 years, i've already seen a lot of the competitions being posted multiple times so i don't enter because i can't be bothered to enter the same competition over and over again. the prizes aren't really an issue for me because i just converted to rep anyway (i don't know what the substitute for this is, sorry i'm not up to date).
    i think you need to focus more on advertising on habbo rather than the forum. a lot of the prizes you offer are habbo-based and not a lot of forum users are regular players any more and interested in those prizes. so i think that, instead of fully adjusting the prizes to suit the forum members, you should be focusing on advertising the competitions on habbo since those are the people that are actively playing and will be more likely interested in the credits. focus on the noobs. haven't seen management advertise on habs in a while, but it worked when i was in comps management since entries doubled.

good luck

Tokens
    Habbo
    Absently

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Catchy View Post
    In regards to the special VIP I'm not too sure but will find out, this is something I was thinking to myself earlier though. An exclusive VIP colour which only one person can have at a time and maybe a badge if people like forum badges. In regards to the vouchers, this is something I'm seriously considering as Habbo prizes aren't enough anymore and I think it would increase activity on the forum generally. In talks atm on what types of competitions these would be though and how they'd be run e.g. posting comp? or normal comps? Gonna aim to try set this up shortly though with monthly vouchers as I think it could definitely work. Would also be interested in working with other departments such as the radio and events so let's talk soon about that @FlyingJesus; I now have access to the twitter and gonna aim to try promote more and encourage more users and posters, also got a few other ideas for promoting which I'm gonna be working on shortly.

Mazes are a good idea, are they still popular? @xxMATTGxx; @Absently; how would I go about making a maze? Need your expertise, also @Red; and @Kyle; you were always good with rooms and had lots of good ideas so your help would be good if you have the time.

In regards to comp names @Absently; has come up with a good idea to attract the right people for the right comps, so if we're running a real life prize we will simply put [REAL LIFE PRIZE] [HABBO PRIZE] [VIP] etc etc. Would that work for people? And if you seen [REAL LIFE PRIZE] would people be more inclined to click on the comp to see what it was about? Im gonna look into all the things you've said sam, thanks for all the feedback!
    We could always contact maze owners on habbo and promise them advertisement around our forum if we can have their mazes included in our competitions, just as mazes can take quite a lot of effort to personally make!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Rubbish

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    after being in competitions management for around 2 years, i've already seen a lot of the competitions being posted multiple times so i don't enter because i can't be bothered to enter the same competition over and over again. the prizes aren't really an issue for me because i just converted to rep anyway (i don't know what the substitute for this is, sorry i'm not up to date).
    i think you need to focus more on advertising on habbo rather than the forum. a lot of the prizes you offer are habbo-based and not a lot of forum users are regular players any more and interested in those prizes. so i think that, instead of fully adjusting the prizes to suit the forum members, you should be focusing on advertising the competitions on habbo since those are the people that are actively playing and will be more likely interested in the credits. focus on the noobs. haven't seen management advertise on habs in a while, but it worked when i was in comps management since entries doubled.

good luck

Perfect, thank you! Did you promote using a seperate account or just your regular habbo name?

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

I'm def up for doing some joint work sure, but for me the thing that puts me off comps half the time is that they're not competitions, they're random draws seems sometimes like Habbox can't come to any decisions without using a random number generator which removes any incentive to put effort into entering
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +
    Like Catchy Liked

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast