HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tokens
    Habbo
    JamesSparky

Latest Awards:

I think I kind of get what you mean about this (I hope I'm gonna get this right).

Basically, when I applied I suggested something called "Categorised Competitions" and basically what it would entail would be is that if a competition is posted, but has a specific subject area (e.g/ Photography, TV, Habbo) these competitions wouldn't just sit in the Competitions forum it would also be exploited into its relevant sub-forum categories such as "Other Graphics, including Pictures & Photography" or "TV & Film" I felt like this is something that would encourage comp entries due to more people viewing sub-forums like Spam than the comps section.

I don't know if this is what you meant but this is how I would of thought you meant by advertising???
    Quote Originally Posted by buttons View Post
    the competitions themselves are OK however i think for me personally it's because am not entirely interested in habbox in terms of its events, djing, etc and never have been. the forum has only ever been for me to talk to people, not to gain rewards or to improve the place. what i think would make *me* participate is if it was advertised more, not just "hey enter my comps" but if it was posted in spam and actually appealed to forum members too? really hard to explain what i mean, but the format for competitions events official forum stuff etc is so boring:

[Competition] Title: Ends ____!

just so boring and robotic and doesn't appeal to me although the content isn't that bad

i would like to see more forum based competitions/events, ones that get people participating TOGETHER, or competing with each other at a bigger level? am not imaginative enough to come up with who would be my twin in the womb, or captioning a picture, what appeals to me is more person focuses or team work events.

hope that helps !

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I think I kind of get what you mean about this (I hope I'm gonna get this right).

Basically, when I applied I suggested something called "Categorised Competitions" and basically what it would entail would be is that if a competition is posted, but has a specific subject area (e.g/ Photography, TV, Habbo) these competitions wouldn't just sit in the Competitions forum it would also be exploited into its relevant sub-forum categories such as "Other Graphics, including Pictures & Photography" or "TV & Film" I felt like this is something that would encourage comp entries due to more people viewing sub-forums like Spam than the comps section.

I don't know if this is what you meant but this is how I would of thought you meant by advertising???
    not rly but that's a gd idea that i think would work
    i basically just meant advertising in general, in the past advertising consisted of posting a thread saying post in my comp but not really selling it. ur idea (think sum1 else posted it too) would work tho and i think it helps if a manager can get across to a wide range of people not just stick to their friends/other comps staff etc

pigged 25/08/2019

Like Reality, Catchy Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    :Cerys

Latest Awards:

Yeye I mentioned that too James and I've noticed it already being implemented so it's definitely making a difference already yey cos I've actually noticed a competition this time since he's posted it in the subforums haha
    great minds think alike eh

I like your idea Jen with the like team competitions, they always seem to get great interest like the mole and this hunger games thing they're doing soon
    It's great to see something actually being done in competitions!

Like Reality, Catchy Liked

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123