HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    -:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    who said i didn't like trump or putin

sounds like an assumption x
    it's not about whether you like them i could care less. or whether I like them

it's about the bubble mentality that anything that could possibly differ from the liberal consensus must be click-bait or trolling. it's like with the EU referendum or the US election when scott confidently dismissed the other side like lols easy win and u lose and look what happened. #arrogance

MAYBE just a lot of people like them and/or they've made a big difference on the world in 2016. who'd of thunk it

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zitrone

Latest Awards:

Simone Biles to win!

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

What a bloody awful list. An acrobat, a presidential loser, ERDOGAN OF ALL PEOPLE, some bloke who flipflops on his own resignation every week, Beyoncé who hasn't been relevant outside of tumblr since like 2008, Putin, and monsieur pussygrabber. At least they acknowledge that the "award" is only about who's influenced the news the most rather than who's made a good contribution to the world.
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Time Magazine decides who wins. The online vote has - and never has had - any influence, i.e. in the past some individuals who have won the online vote by over 50% were never even in the group of names the editors ultimately chose from.

It's just a pointless accolade. I expect they will pick Clinton. The insect known as Farage doesn't have a hope in hell and no one in America knows - or cares - who he is. They may give Trump the win for shock value but it'd likely backfire and it won't look good in retrospect when they give it to a President who won't last a full term.
    Last edited by Misawa; 05-12-2016 at 10:13 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Narendra Modi without a doubt. No politician has the courage to do what he just did in India to try and reduce corruption.

Nigel Farage is a joke. The moron should not even make the shortlist.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

I hope I win I've tried rly hard to be a person this year

Tokens
    Habbo
    ihatehash

Latest Awards:

For me Person of the Year should be someone who appeals to the masses, aka someone who has acted in the best interest of the majority this is why I find it difficult to see why some divisive like Trump or Clinton should be Person of the Year. I do wonder if the massive talking points of Brexit/US Election have clouded the nominations and perhaps it would have been nice to have someone who had an impact on a smaller scale ie. Ben Ryan.
    However out the options I would go with Trump. Obviously controversial but he has served and empowered a large section of people who have felt disenfranchised over the last decade or so. Plus the memes have been on point this year.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
    Narendra Modi without a doubt. No politician has the courage to do what he just did in India to try and reduce corruption.

Nigel Farage is a joke. The moron should not even make the shortlist.

What, you mean letting his close ministers know about the plan before announcing it? Demonetisation has so far screwed over hundreds of millions of normal Indians, and done little to hit the corrupt.

Of course, short term pain may be worthwhile if it helps in the long term... but I don't think it will.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by AgnesIO View Post
    What, you mean letting his close ministers know about the plan before announcing it? Demonetisation has so far screwed over hundreds of millions of normal Indians, and done little to hit the corrupt.

Of course, short term pain may be worthwhile if it helps in the long term... but I don't think it will.
    I am not sure where you are getting your information from... most likely the selective biased papers which have been against Modi before he was even PM? Hardly any ministers knew of his plan, why do you think they are so heavily against it right now? Have you seen what the Minister in Kolkatta is trying to do because she did not know about this plan before and now cannot figure out what to do with her millions of black money? Do not accuse Modi of letting his close ministers know without knowing the facts.

Demonetisation has primarily screwed the rich. The working class have barely been affected due to the deposit limit. The deposit limit has been increased, new rules have been introduced to legalise the black money by paying a penalty.

Modi ran his election campaign primarily on ending corruption, and he is doing so. Not just within the government but within the people too. Now people are blaming him for doing something they elected him to do? If you elect someone to end corruption then don't expect him to end corruption only in government, expect the same rule for the normal people.

The country has already benefited significantly in this short period of time due to demonetisation.

What he has done, no leader has the courage or the support to do.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

BBC reporting that Trump has won it lol

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast