HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wilheim

Latest Awards:

Default Coke Studios and VMK Dedication Room

My Coke Studios Name: RapperHV
    My VMK name: Gamecrazy (if you knew me let me know!)

I decided to make a room in dedication to Sulake's past products, Coke Studios, and Virtual Magic Kingdom. For those who don't know, Coke Studios was a social game similar to Habbo that ran from 2002-2007. It shut down December 6, 2007, due to lack of population. It was developed by Sulake from 2002-2004, and then switched off to Studiocom from 2004-2007, when it was re-branded as "MyCoke". Players could build rooms, or "studios" of their own, and also perform the music (known as Trax in Habbo) to other players in public rooms, where other players could either rate thumbs up or down their songs, which would determine how many credits they would make. The game was developed as a promotion, to promote Coca Cola. You could even redeem Coke Rewards for in-game items.

In 2005, another promotional game developed by Sulake was released. It was called Virtual Magic Kingdom. The game closed on May 21, 2008, even with a growing playerbase. The average amount of people online was 6,000, and the numbers even reached 8,000 torward the end of the game's lifespan, as the game was growing. The game was completely free, just like Coke Studios, and so they weren't making hardly any money from it, and so they shut the game down (personally I would have loved to see a membership model introduced). The game revolved around the idea of a virtual Disneyland, in which made up the public rooms. The unique features with this game was the pin system in which was similar to the Habbo badge system, but much more extensive. Each player could show up to 15 pins at once. Another distinct feature which is now integrated into Habbo, was the clothing system. Each clothing item was tradable, and buy-able. There were no permanent clothes, but you were given starter clothes. The game also had quests, and players were able to make their own quests. The Habbo version of this is the features available with the Wired furniture, however the Habbo version is more extensive, though a bit more glitchy.

Both of these games hold a special place in my heart. Unfortunately, as for Coke Studios, I didn't start playing until 2006, and never got into it too much because of the dwindling playerbase of around 200 people online on average. As for Virtual Magic Kingdom, I spent every day on it as a kid from March 3, 2007 to May 20, 2008. I was not able to log on the last day because we were switching our internet to another provider, but the server was laggy due to the load of people anyway.

It is because of the memories that I have decided to make this dedication room. One side of the room is the VMK side, while the other is the Coke Studios side.

On the VMK side, I tried to make the left part of the room look to represent Tomorrowland, the center part of the room is supposed to represent the winter in VMK, and the many items that were released during the winter, and the right part of the VMK side is supposed to represent the Savannah guest room on VMK, because it was a popular room. Unfortunately, I didn't have the space for Adventureland.

On the Coke Studios side, I tried to make the left side look like a regular Coke Studios public room, where the players would perform on the DJ with their music on stage, while the other players vote on their performance. The right side is supposed to represent a typical Coke Studios guest room. Of course, in Coke Studios, there were Coca Cola couches instead of Habbo Club couches, but they share commonalities.

Room URL: https://www.habbo.com/room/73887290

Full Room

VMK Side

Coke Studios Side, Stage

Coke Studios Side, Guest Room

Last edited by Icemaniceice; 18-12-2016 at 06:09 PM.
    Coke Studios and VMK Memorial
    http://www.habbo.com/room/73887290 (view with old client)

Like lawrawrrr Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

This is so cool! It really reminds me of the old school rooms without all the new fancy builds that people post, simple but really cute and definitely suitable to your theme! I never played any of the other games, are there any screenshots anywhere?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Prosiary

Latest Awards:

I **** loved cokestudios back in the day, collecting codes from cans of coke, that game was the shit.

liam //

www.habbox.com/jobs

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wilheim

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    This is so cool! It really reminds me of the old school rooms without all the new fancy builds that people post, simple but really cute and definitely suitable to your theme! I never played any of the other games, are there any screenshots anywhere?
    Thank you Unfortunately, I lost my VMK photos, due to hardrive failure, but here's a thread that contains a lot, taken by other people. http://forums.myvmk.com/threads/old-...r-in-them.435/

(I am 98 percent sure I am the guy standing by the entrance with the blue shirt, and blue "minnie" hat next to the guy with the stitch hat on the last photo of the first post.

The game is currently online on a private server, however I don't recommend it because it's not a representation of what the game was anymore, and it's near dead.

As for Coke Studios, if you search "Coke Studios game" in google or bing, you can find some pictures, but I'm afraid I don't have a forum thread or post containing images.
    Last edited by Icemaniceice; 21-12-2016 at 03:11 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    King-Tom

Latest Awards:

That is awesome

[21:24] laura: play me steps scared of the dark
    or i'll fire you

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

I really love these rooms, so well put together and you can really tell a lot of effort has been put into them. Theres no fancy features in the room, its all very old school! Great job!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wilheim

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by King-Tom View Post
    That is awesome
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by despect View Post
    I really love these rooms, so well put together and you can really tell a lot of effort has been put into them. Theres no fancy features in the room, its all very old school! Great job!
    Thanks, I really care about these two games, and the history that they hold, and I was hoping that would be seen through the design. Sulake made these games with great care, and dedication, and so I wanted to give a little something back. The hardest part was the signs, which I had to redo over and over again. Unfortunately, I still can't get the Coke Studios sign to line up quite right, but I figured it was good enough. I hope it doesn't look too off-centered!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Icemaniceice View Post
    Thank you!

Thanks, I really care about these two games, and the history that they hold, and I was hoping that would be seen through the design. Sulake made these games with great care, and dedication, and so I wanted to give a little something back. The hardest part was the signs, which I had to redo over and over again. Unfortunately, I still can't get the Coke Studios sign to line up quite right, but I figured it was good enough. I hope it doesn't look too off-centered!
    No not at all. I didnt notice it till you said hah!