HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few things

Martin is offline Habbox Merit
    Ex Assistant General Manager (Community)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

Default A few things

Someone needs to sort the competitions forum out - there's still comps in there that ended last month etc. Don't forget these show up on the comps widget on Habbox.com so people will think they are open! @Catchy;

Job openings page on site says that Comps and Forum apps are closed, when they are open I believe? @Chris;

Articles: When posting articles only select one category + "All Articles" as otherwise they look ugly when trying to display more than one category on an article. Unless the spacing can be fixed that is. @FlyingJesus;

Font generator still doesn't work

When you click 'Values' on the site it comes up with a billion errors and doesn't function at all, and has been like this for quite some time now. May be worth removing this tab if it's not in use? Lot's of people try to use Habbox for teleport values etc and fail. @scottish;

Halloween stuff can be unstuck from Community Notice Board now probably @Absently;

I still have permissions to post in the community notice board apparently (I don't know if anywhere else as haven't checked) (pls remove) @lawrawrrr; (also did you get my PM a couple of weeks ago about ma anniversary VIP?)

Pls make HxHD Christmassy @Anyone;

THANKS
    Last edited by Martin; 18-12-2016 at 10:52 PM.

YOU CAN WIN STUFFS BY ENTERING COMPS! CLICK ON THE PICTURE!

Former:

Forum Moderator (x2), Forum Super Moderator (x4), Assistant Forum Manager,
    News Reporter, Assistant News Manager, Events Organiser (x3), Competitions Staff (x2), Senior Competitions Staff,
    Rare Values Reporter, Trade Expert, Senior Events Organiser (x3), Assistant Events Manager (x2)
    Forum Manager, News Manager (x2), Acting HxHD Manager, HxHD Room Owner, Assistant Comps Manager , Events Manager -
    Assistant General Manager (Community), Articles Manager

Like despect Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    vls

Latest Awards:

woow habbox is dead lol
    Like Nick, David, buttons Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by myles View Post
    woow habbox is dead lol
    just a lot of admin that falls by the wayside when there's bigger things going on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    just a lot of admin that falls by the wayside when there's bigger things going on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do think it's really important to stay on top of things like this though. Like what's the point in doing big events and advertising the site/forum to people, for them to come visit an outdated site? We need a site/forum we can be proud of that functions well and runs smoothly and is fresh and up to date. A site that people will come to and want to come back to and stick around, not be tempted to another site that is better maintained. The little things definitely matter and contribute to the overall picture and how we come across overall! If the basics aren't there, then the big events aren't always going to be that successful either in the long run.

Former:

News Reporter, Assistant News Manager, Events Organiser (x3), Competitions Staff (x2), Senior Competitions Staff,
    Rare Values Reporter, Trade Expert, Senior Events Organiser (x3), Assistant Events Manager (x2)
    Forum Manager, News Manager (x2), Acting HxHD Manager, HxHD Room Owner, Assistant Comps Manager , Events Manager -

Like Empired Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Font generator still doesn't work

When you click 'Values' on the site it comes up with a billion errors and doesn't function at all, and has been like this for quite some time now. May be worth removing this tab if it's not in use? Lot's of people try to use Habbox for teleport values etc and fail. @scottish;

THANKS
    Someone deleted v6 so I've temporarily removed the values tab.

Font gen works, the way the site works with ajax is why you need to reload it.

Tokens
    Habbo
    vls

Latest Awards:

i say make me moderator i will turn this form around x

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by scottish View Post
    Someone deleted v6 so I've temporarily removed the values tab.

Font gen works, the way the site works with ajax is why you need to reload it.
    Nobody is going to know you need to reload it though? Maybe something at the top saying "You need to reload this page for this to work" would be good?

Former:

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I do think it's really important to stay on top of things like this though. Like what's the point in doing big events and advertising the site/forum to people, for them to come visit an outdated site? We need a site/forum we can be proud of that functions well and runs smoothly and is fresh and up to date. A site that people will come to and want to come back to and stick around, not be tempted to another site that is better maintained. The little things definitely matter and contribute to the overall picture and how we come across overall! If the basics aren't there, then the big events aren't always going to be that successful either in the long run.
    There's not THAT much outdated information, I do try to keep up with the majority. I cleared out my hunger games stuff a week after it ended, keep the notices updated as much as I can, make new site sliders when I can and have personally created a whole new site skin 3 times in the last 2 months to match events but there is a limit to how much admin can be done WHILE doing everything else as well, I hope you do see that. I've gone through some of your points now and done a few bits to update but a lot is diff peoples' responsibility that seems to be lost (staff apps for example) among other bits of their roles?

As for the site bits, we've known for MONTHS the site is crap, hardly anything works and there's so much we were promised would be added. Now we've lost V6 it puts us in a bad position but it's very hard to move things along with what we're working with - with the exception of @scottish; who's been great since we've had him on board. The font thing has been "fixed" at least 3 times that I can remember and I was promised the generators could be ported, but yep, lost V6 so probably not even going to be possible now. But no matter how often or what I ask the same things happen... so yeah. No further comment on that although I could go for days, but don't want to get into an argument, especially in public.

By the way, you have CNB perms as you're Habbox Merit and as they can host events during special times we kept them with those perms. And I've sorted your VIP, I had missed your PM as that was during Hunger Games times which took up literally my entire evenings!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

Apps not open on the site because A) I dont have site permissions & B) They're fast track so theres no point anyway

Also the font gen can be fixed or recoded easily. I'll try and find the files for what I had done for it as it was at least in a working form.
    Former General Manager
    Former Forum Manager
    Former Site Manager

I've left, but I still visit sometimes!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    There's not THAT much outdated information, I do try to keep up with the majority. I cleared out my hunger games stuff a week after it ended, keep the notices updated as much as I can, make new site sliders when I can and have personally created a whole new site skin 3 times in the last 2 months to match events but there is a limit to how much admin can be done WHILE doing everything else as well, I hope you do see that. I've gone through some of your points now and done a few bits to update but a lot is diff peoples' responsibility that seems to be lost (staff apps for example) among other bits of their roles?

As for the site bits, we've known for MONTHS the site is crap, hardly anything works and there's so much we were promised would be added. Now we've lost V6 it puts us in a bad position but it's very hard to move things along with what we're working with - with the exception of @scottish; who's been great since we've had him on board. The font thing has been "fixed" at least 3 times that I can remember and I was promised the generators could be ported, but yep, lost V6 so probably not even going to be possible now. But no matter how often or what I ask the same things happen... so yeah. No further comment on that although I could go for days, but don't want to get into an argument, especially in public.

By the way, you have CNB perms as you're Habbox Merit and as they can host events during special times we kept them with those perms. And I've sorted your VIP, I had missed your PM as that was during Hunger Games times which took up literally my entire evenings!

I hope you don't see any of this as being aimed at you, as it isn't Laura! I know you do a lot for the site and worked hard on your Hunger Games event, which looked super fun! I think it's easy to miss stuff/forget about stuff sometimes so having it pointed out is useful! (Well I hope so anyway!) I tried to tag those who can sort things, as you once made me cry (true story but I cry way too easily) by snapping at me in the managers chat for pointing out things that needed updating when I thought I was just attempting to be helpful haha! I think we all care about Habbox and just want it to be the very best it can be for those who visit and so it comes natural! I think sometimes just doing a 5 minute check of some key areas (CNB, Comps, Notices,) etc just to make sure it's all looking up to date would be cool. Like I think there's still a notice about the posting comp that ended last week too, but we can blame Chris for that as Chris is a noob.

I definitely don't want to argue!

Former:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast