HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    -:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

i agree with @wixard; and @buttons;

Hopefully what's in the pipeline (the elephant in the room) will really make a difference. I'd like to see though once they're installed the forums drastically cut down and all given new titles/descriptions, moved about - just freshen it up and make it feel different!

New VIP colours to compliment the new layout would be good too.

I think most of our problems with community retention stem from structural stuff like the above. Once that's sorted and the forum looks good then we'll find it much easier to grow our membership. It's like we always say, thinking of joining a forum and you look at HxF and HFFM well which one would you be signing up to? It's a no-brainer! Once sorted we'll do much better, we've got much more to offer than other sites in terms of our long history, members with different personalities other than 14-year old gays and lesbians on tumblr.

Like wixard Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Empired View Post
    I suggested this as an alternative to the hx lottery (when that got banned) so it could be a multi owner coin shop thats optional for managers but got told no. I believe the reason was because it would be "too difficult to run" or something which was bullshit and we all knew it.
    I mean even if it was just general management who a member of gm team and X amount went out to each department as a contribution to the department?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Woutou

Latest Awards:

I think we should add like a "Scammer Warn list? if that makes any sense, if people have viable proof of the offense
    they could be put on such a warning list to be careful when trading with them?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Drewar

Latest Awards:

Default Radio and Forum Unite

Warning, this post is extremely unorganized because I'm just waking up from a nap and I'm just typing ideas as they come in to my head. This is a complete brainstorm.

I come from a radio background when it comes to fansites. Although I've done pretty much every job there is at Habbox at one point over the years here at Habbox (except Graphic Designer lol), my first job here was HabboxRadio. The Radio pulled me in as a new Habbo player, and really got me engaged on the forum, in the client at Habbox events, and is ultimately what has kept me here for 12 years. Wow.

I think that the key to increasing activity is by recruiting members who actually play the client. If we can manage to recruit members who are actually active in the client, then we can start getting some staff who are actually active in the client, which will lead to more engagement overall.

I think one way to do this is to get the Radio DJs to be hosting DJ parties in their rooms (or create a party room that all DJs can have rights to), rather than just saying the typical "Search HxHD". Hosting DJ parties is a great way to attract new people who just stumble upon the room and click on to see what it is. Once they are in the room, if there's actual engagement going on, it's a lot easier to get people interested in checking out a forum.

When I was DJing I would always host a party, and then advertise the forum while on air. When I was speaking on the microphone, I'd say things like "Everyone type www.habboxforum.com on 3... 1...2..3!" and then have everyone say it on Habbo at the same time. If there are people in the room who don't necessarily what's going on... they're probably going to be intrigued when they see 10 people saying HabboxForum.com at the same time.

I know that my ideas are mainly focusing around the radio... and aren't necessarily forum specific ideas as you requested... but I think that ultimately it's all connected. We can use the radio to help attract listeners, and get the listeners to sign up to the forum.

Don't just have the DJs just tell people to sign up for HabboxForum... have them actually explain on air what the forum is. "Check out habboxforum.com! If you don't know what a forum is, it's basically a place where you can go and chat with others. There are lots of different competitions there, you can win prizes and furniture, read about the latest Habbo and real life news, etc. It's as easy as going to HabboxForum.com and clicking sign up".

We could have referral comps... the DJ who refers the most new forum members this week gets X credits or a prize or something. Then we can have competitions on the forum specifically just for new users. We can have the DJs explain the competitions on the air. "Hey guys! If you're just now signing up to Habbox Forum, make sure to check out the competition for new members! Every month, there's a competition specifically for new members, that only new members can enter. So far we've had 15 new members enter the competition, so if you submit an entry, then you're looking at a 1/16 chance to win the awesome newcomer prize of 250 credits!!"

I really think that we could get accomplished if we get other departments to help advertise for the forum. I've been using DJs as an example... because personally I think it's easier to convince someone to sign up when you have a microphone in front of you and you can sing the forums praises easily, but the events team could have referral comps too.

Oh... here's an idea... how about we create a new position or department. Someone or a team in charge of recruitment. "Recruitment department" (lol, it's a bit out there, but I'm literally just typing anything that comes to mind at this point). Or, we could get the forum department more focused on engagement with members (especially new ones), rather than just using them as "police".

Have the Mods message new users as they join the forum. Not auto messages or copy/paste messages. Sincere PMs to their inbox. In the PM, encourage them to post an introduction thread, and then to check out the latest competitions. "Hi Despect, welcome to HabboxForum My name is Drewar, and I'm a Mod here at Habbox. We've got a great community here, and we're happy that you've decided to join it. If you click here, you can create a thread in the Introduction forum where you can introduce yourself. This week, a lot of people on the forum have been talking about Christmas Vacation and what their plans are. Do you have any Christmas vacation plans? Tell us about it in your Intro post

Let me know if you need help with anything!"

Add new evaluation metrics to the Monthly Mod reports every month instead of focusing just on how many posts they've edited or how many report to smods they have done. Instead focus on things that are more community-focused. Has this moderator recruited any new members? If so, how many. Has this mod hosted an in-client events or giveaways? If so, how many? Has this mod responded to more than 50% of the new threads in the introduction forum this month? Have they just said things like "Hey, welcome " or have they actually said something personalized and engaging to try and ensure that member sticks around long-term.

There you go! Some ideas for you to read over and think about When I think back to my favorite memories at Habbox, it was a great community that actually loved playing Habbo, and that loved having their jobs at Habbox and were excited about spreading the word of Habbox.

Best of luck! Long live Habbox and HabboxForum
    Last edited by xxMATTGxx; 23-12-2016 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Fixing your bbcode for bold
    Drewar
    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

I think your view is quite outdated though.

10 years ago if a DJ said say ___ everyone tuned in would say ___ and you'd have rooms full of listeners. Listeners these days have little to no interest in this however from what I've seen.

Similarly if there was an event the DJ would advertise it and it would be full in no time... good luck with that these days.

I think creating a new position who's responsibility to recruit is redundant, surely that's that staff AGM's job if this position still exists?

fair enough at the rest.

Martin is offline Habbox Merit
    Ex Assistant General Manager (Community)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by scottish View Post
    I think your view is quite outdated though.

10 years ago if a DJ said say ___ everyone tuned in would say ___ and you'd have rooms full of listeners. Listeners these days have little to no interest in this however from what I've seen.

Similarly if there was an event the DJ would advertise it and it would be full in no time... good luck with that these days.

I think creating a new position who's responsibility to recruit is redundant, surely that's that staff AGM's job if this position still exists?

fair enough at the rest.
    It would definitely be something the staff AGM would be responsible for, although there hasn't been one since expling swapped over to content AGM. I was told at the time that the position would still exist, but that they couldn't afford to lose any managers by promoting them. I did try hinting that I wouldn't mind managing Articles whilst carrying out the staff AGM duties, but I'm guessing that because my app was rejected first time around I was too rubbish. I honestly just fancied a new challenge, as sometimes you feel like you can offer more, especially when you really care about wanting to improve something!

I do think that right now the on client stuff is critical for Habbox moving forwards, and gaining and retaining staff that are active Habbo players who will help us grow by encouraging their friends to join and word spreading etc.

Completely agree with what Tara said above about the whole rebranding thing, we need to move forwards and attract the newer Habbo market and find new ways of interacting with them, enticing them to the site/forum and making them want to stay and that means every department functioning correctly and making sure they're offering incentives etc. .

YOU CAN WIN STUFFS BY ENTERING COMPS! CLICK ON THE PICTURE!

Former:

Forum Moderator (x2), Forum Super Moderator (x4), Assistant Forum Manager,
    News Reporter, Assistant News Manager, Events Organiser (x3), Competitions Staff (x2), Senior Competitions Staff,
    Rare Values Reporter, Trade Expert, Senior Events Organiser (x3), Assistant Events Manager (x2)
    Forum Manager, News Manager (x2), Acting HxHD Manager, HxHD Room Owner, Assistant Comps Manager , Events Manager -
    Assistant General Manager (Community), Articles Manager

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shonly

Latest Awards:

i was told that there isn't gonna be another staff agm because there would apparently be no purpose for it now that their role desc has been divided between the gm team

Tokens

Latest Awards:

@Empired; @despect;

I'm not sure how a multi owner cred shop would be difficult to run - it seems pretty straight forward to me? (For this example I will just say I own the room,t hat probably won't happen, but for example purposes).

I own a Habbo room, I make it a group room so certain people can put their furniture down and sell it to gain more Habbox funds. Those in higher/trustworthy positions at Habbox could also be made admin and accept or decline certain people if needs be.

I sell some of my stuff, I then decide to go offline therefore I could easily pick my furniture up so that people don't come in asking for my furniture when I am not available - this idea rolls out with all those who place furniture down (or it could at least be hidden in the room).

A multi owner cred shop isn't difficult to run in the slightest so I'm not sure why the idea was shot down. Alternatively, you could have an old fashioned shop connected by teleports and you/the owner just puts a gate in front of their teleport when they're not open for business.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

if your going of what @wixard; has said then get rid of the forum skins (except ones being made now), vips and make new ones, new logos, userbars, new forums n complete redo of the index
    Last edited by Nick; 24-12-2016 at 12:01 AM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Woutou View Post
    I think we should add like a "Scammer Warn list? if that makes any sense, if people have viable proof of the offense
    they could be put on such a warning list to be careful when trading with them?
    this isn't bobbamarket

my suggestion is unfiltering bobbamarket

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast