HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Thread: Reasons to Read

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

Default Reasons to Read

Living in a society where there is a kind of culture in which they makes us believe that reading is a boring obligation rather than being one of the greatest pleasures of life (such as eating, such as sleeping), it's extremely common and strangely OK to see people say things like, "Why would I need to read The Lord of the Rings? I've already watched the movies! "

In this thread you, as an enthusiast about reading and a witness of the wonderful feeling of creating parallel universes through your neurons, will make a "list" of 1, 2, 3 reasons why a person should put their electronic equipments (or the wellknown "I do not have time for it." excuse) in the maximum security safe, and forget its password

here we go:

• When you read a book, you create your very-own-personal movie, full of scenes with feelings related to the five senses (the more you read, the more you can create skills to, for example, touch an object being described in the story, even smell it lmfao) which, by the way, are far better than the movies created by producers concerned with putting cliches to please the "general public", attracting box office
    • After spending some time reading and creating skills to understand the "verbal codes", something happens in our head that makes us think better, not only about things related to speech but also our abstract thinking - you will have a more pronounced opinion related to all the things in the world and you will find more creative and effective solutions to the problems around you

make the world a better place, make your list :¬:

Tokens
    Habbo
    cammiee.

i find reading boring but i see why some people find it fun like my sister
    Like LUCPIX Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by cammiee. View Post
    i find reading boring but i see why some people find it fun like my sister
    i'm with your sister but LOL thanks for the sincerity

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

I completely agree with these points. Reading hightens your imagination!

Tokens
    Habbo
    nat965

Latest Awards:

I tend to read biographies and true story type books, so I do it to learn about famous/interesting people / events. And to pass time and that sort of thing too.
    Like LUCPIX Liked

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Honestly, I don't think society at large feels reading is a boring obligation. Most everyone I know likes to read, and books continue to sell millions. They're a source of inspiration and one of the most accessible tools to become more cultured. Literature will never die.
    Like LUCPIX Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Neversoft View Post
    Honestly, I don't think society at large feels reading is a boring obligation. Most everyone I know likes to read, and books continue to sell millions. They're a source of inspiration and one of the most accessible tools to become more cultured. Literature will never die.
    Amen
    Here, is the opposite - reading isn't a very common source of entertainment, most of the people I know who read by pleasure are kids under 10 and above 60!

Tokens
    Habbo
    zammy149

Latest Awards:

I like to read the tao te ching from time to time.Its a Chinese philosophy book written by lao tzu awhile back. it has many translations.