HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    ,x-CocaCola

Default Virus Protection

Hey!

What kind of virus protection do you guys use? I finally got another laptop after mine died a while back, and was just wondering what would be the best/cheapest to put on here.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Absently

Latest Awards:

i dont actually have anything except windows defender lol has done me fine x

Tokens
    Habbo
    Woutou

Latest Awards:

I find that most anti-virus software's don't do anything, I had a top branded anti virus and I still got a virus, so I just use
    windows defender! haha
    Like laurienickey Liked

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Woutou View Post
    I find that most anti-virus software's don't do anything, I had a top branded anti virus and I still got a virus, so I just use
    windows defender! haha
    While it might sound crude an antivirus is like sleeping around with lots of people but still using protection. The more people the higher the risk of it not working, breaking etc. Anti viruses are the same and if you visit risky websites for example the risk of something getting through rises.

I use Eset Internet security myself and malwarebytes. Luckily got a lifetime license for malwarebytes before they stopped doing them

Tokens
    Habbo
    Woutou

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by peteyt View Post
    While it might sound crude an antivirus is like sleeping around with lots of people but still using protection. The more people the higher the risk of it not working, breaking etc. Anti viruses are the same and if you visit risky websites for example the risk of something getting through rises.

I use Eset Internet security myself and malwarebytes. Luckily got a lifetime license for malwarebytes before they stopped doing them
    Yeah Malwarebytes is amazing!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Kasabian

Latest Awards:

I don't

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I try to use many, but st the end of the day when you know what you are looking for Who needs one XD

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by RelliexHD View Post
    I try to use many, but st the end of the day when you know what you are looking for Who needs one XD
    Even going on well known sites can be risky. Im sure a well known news site unknowingly hosted a virus via their adverts

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I agree with you, and this can be very sneaky of people as well, I have seen many different pop-up scams and some break your pc.. This is bad for the people that don't know what they are getting into

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by RelliexHD View Post
    I agree with you, and this can be very sneaky of people as well, I have seen many different pop-up scams and some break your pc.. This is bad for the people that don't know what they are getting into
    A lot of the times its done by someone else. Sites often use an advert network like system where companies pay to be put on them. All it takes is someone to put hidden code in 1 advert and if it gets on a popular site it can infect lots of people. Generally the site doesn't realise what's happened to begin with.

That's why using security is a must especially with the likes of ransomware going around. People also need to be security conscious. A lot of people who complain about their antivirus missing stuff are the same people who still open attachments from unknown senders

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast