HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Thread: VPN Services

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Default VPN Services

Give me suggestions based on your own opinion.

Only reply if you've actually used it.

Quote Originally Posted by scottish View Post
    Give me suggestions based on your own opinion.

Only reply if you've actually used it.
    The ones I've used since 2009:

HideMyAss (free) (2009-13)
    HotSpotShield (free) (2009-13)
    Ivacy VPN(Paid) (2014-present)
    Pure VPN(Paid) (2014)
    Opera(Free) (2016)

If you're going for a free option, note that these are actually proxies and not a VPN. The key difference is encryption, which a proxy does not offer. Paid ones on the other hand, do offer that, but it comes at a cost. The encryption makes data unrecognizable by your ISP while in case of a proxy, the ISP will be able to tell what you're surfing or downloading. Another thing is this log policy, some of the providers actually keep logs of the activities. This is something you'll have to look. Even in case of the paid ones. AFAIK, Ivacy doesn't keep them, and I'm guessing HSS doesn't either, but they'd offer that feature in their paid ver which I haven't tried yet.
    Also, if you're looking for total anonymity, I wouldn't ask why, make sure you get one with a killswitch feature. It'll just disconnect the internet when the VPN connection drops, thus ensuring your safety online. Best of luck

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

I went with private internet access, no logs however they do leak dns from what I'm aware but I don't particularly care.

I'm on hotel wifi when out of town for work so don't want to use their wifi without vpn.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I used VyprVPN but found it didn't unblock some of the geo-restricted streams I needed, probably wouldn't affect you though.

I now use PureVPN, paid about £40 for "lifetime" access. Very happy with it, works well - although it's Chinese-owned if that bothers you.