HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rare Values

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bikini

Latest Awards:

Im surprised with technology this day in age we haven't found a widget or anything to be able to attach the RVs to the forum itself.
    RV

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by youCant View Post
    So I'm guessing rare values aside this site is nothing like it was a few years back? What's changed? Everyone (or the people running the site) got older and don't care as much? You never handballed off the reigns to new and upcoming admins/senior staff?
    Yeah, with a lot of turn over means a lot of falling behind and a lot of missed communication. But nothing habbox isn't used to.
    Turn over rates are higher in some departments than others, and some levels of senior/head are easily disposable.
    It's all in who is in those positions that either make it work or not.

cameron446: is offline HabboxWiki Staff
    HabboxLive Senior DJ (Music)
    Rare Values Staff
    Guest Events Organiser

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    _spirit

Latest Awards:

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    I used to do this when the website went down in the old days (2006 on wards) for a few days or a week, type up a list of items that were changing/above 1 CS and keep them updated in forum announcements. Obviously harder to do now but not sure why something hasn't been attempted along these lines given the site is up and the period that the RV system has been down has been months.

I'm pretty resigned now to nothing happening on this site generally. A few months ago I was optimistic that things could actually happen and on time for once but it has just been the same business as usual. I pity those on staff because it is so demoralising.
    To the last paragraph: every time I get o a stage where we're ready and willing to do something, someone resigns or goes AWOL or the site breaks or something goes down - it's awful. So much development work has been done by me over the last few months only to hit a stall so it looks like I'm doing sweet FA which couldn't be further from th trruth.

As for RV, as others have said, we have a functional system and plan for how it's going to be used. I handed this over for theming last month, but the development site seems to have disappeared so once again, that's another crappy obstacle that's put a massive hit on months of testing and work that I put in.

Yes and it's totally demoralising for this to constantly happen and constantly have to explain and apologise and try and get alternatives sorted (for them to fall through as well) but I really have tried so hard.

As for comments about time frames, yes this has been going on since I was AGM even - the plans have changed a few times though, from having a custom built system by our coders (before they left, got replaced, left, couldn't do it etc etc) to just pages, to the current system that we have that works very well. It's so close now though and I want to see it done!!

Ok I think that's everything I'm trying pls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Oh and V6 being deleted was the worst thing that could have happened in the circumstances with RV but that wasn't intentional.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

rip

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    To the last paragraph: every time I get o a stage where we're ready and willing to do something, someone resigns or goes AWOL or the site breaks or something goes down - it's awful. So much development work has been done by me over the last few months only to hit a stall so it looks like I'm doing sweet FA which couldn't be further from th trruth.

As for RV, as others have said, we have a functional system and plan for how it's going to be used. I handed this over for theming last month, but the development site seems to have disappeared so once again, that's another crappy obstacle that's put a massive hit on months of testing and work that I put in.

Yes and it's totally demoralising for this to constantly happen and constantly have to explain and apologise and try and get alternatives sorted (for them to fall through as well) but I really have tried so hard.

As for comments about time frames, yes this has been going on since I was AGM even - the plans have changed a few times though, from having a custom built system by our coders (before they left, got replaced, left, couldn't do it etc etc) to just pages, to the current system that we have that works very well. It's so close now though and I want to see it done!!

Ok I think that's everything I'm trying pls

The problem is most people who get into positions that it becomes noticeable if they bail are typically older, and then run into time issues.

Like when I joined for the first like month I was always active doing stuff for V8 and fixing stuff that's pissed people off for the past year, then ran into time issues with work and life, so now I lack any time to look at V8 really.

If I had this position in uni then without a doubt I'd have V8 done or almost done by this stage as I had nothing but time, but with working full time, life and other stuff going on I suddenly have 0 time for hx.

But yes I can confirm lawrawrrrr does do some work...

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    but the development site seems to have disappeared so once again, that's another crappy obstacle that's put a massive hit on months of testing and work that I put in.
    No it hasn't - The dev site is still there. The only problem with the dev site was an SSL certificate issue which I was only aware of on Monday. Haven't had the time until now to fix it. (It's fixed)
    Last edited by xxMATTGxx; 01-03-2017 at 08:04 PM.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Woo thanks for fixing

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123