HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

physical copies simply because I enjoy reading a book rather than looking at a screen it would be give me a headache

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shonly

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lucpix View Post
    One question:
    You, fast readers... do you remember clearly what you've just read? Because, like, whenever I try to pretend I'm one of you, my brain reacts very bad, forgetting 80% of the content in five minutes, just like a dream

If you do, is your memory based on the moments the book you imagined during the reading or you can really remember all the words, almost exactly the way it's written?

Apologies for the awkward question but I always wanted to know about this
    I sometimes read things and kind of have to go back and re-read a chapter, but if I'm properly focused then yes I remember clearly

and my memory is based on what I imagined!

Tokens
    Habbo
    nat965

Latest Awards:

Definitely physical copies, never got used to ebooks.

Quote Originally Posted by lucpix View Post
    One question:
    You, fast readers... do you remember clearly what you've just read? Because, like, whenever I try to pretend I'm one of you, my brain reacts very bad, forgetting 80% of the content in five minutes, just like a dream

If you do, is your memory based on the moments the book you imagined during the reading or you can really remember all the words, almost exactly the way it's written?
    I'd say 90% of the time its the moments in the book I imagined, I've never requoted a line of text out of a book word for word exactly.
    Like LUCPIX Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    I sometimes read things and kind of have to go back and re-read a chapter, but if I'm properly focused then yes I remember clearly

and my memory is based on what I imagined!
    Quote Originally Posted by nat965 View Post
    Definitely physical copies, never got used to ebooks.

I'd say 90% of the time its the moments in the book I imagined, I've never requoted a line of text out of a book word for word exactly.
    Haaa,
    Do you know what does this mean? It's officially a normal thing

This meant a lot, dudes, thanks

Like Sho, nat965 Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

I've had to re-read some books because I forget parts of it especially when someone askes me to explain it!

Like LUCPIX Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shonly

Latest Awards:

i sometimes just get distracted and think about smth else while reading and have to go back because i merge the story and what i was daydreaming about into one and get confused lmao

Tokens
    Habbo
    Sloths

Latest Awards:

Definitely physical books however they're really expensive here so unless I can get it on the cheap or I get sent it from publishers I tend to just download the ebook. Although Ebooks are great for reading in my lunch hour.

I find if im struggling to get into a book I need to read it in physical form, I tried reading game of thrones as an ebook and could never get past the first chapter but whizzed through it in physical copy

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Sloths View Post
    Definitely physical books however they're really expensive here so unless I can get it on the cheap or I get sent it from publishers I tend to just download the ebook. Although Ebooks are great for reading in my lunch hour.

I find if im struggling to get into a book I need to read it in physical form, I tried reading game of thrones as an ebook and could never get past the first chapter but whizzed through it in physical copy
    Totally agreed - It's getting more and more expensive to get a book, as they were getting more decorated, smelling good and - probably - people are buying less books than before

We're lucky there are libraries

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shonly

Latest Awards:

yeah for sure. I tried reading hunger games as an ebook and didn't get far - still haven't got around to reading all three, but I flew through the first after buying a physical copy

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

I think these days they are doing more special offers on books. They are here anyway like the other day it was 2 books for £15 which is really cheap if you ask me!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast