HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Shonly

Latest Awards:

Default ebooks or physical copies?

do you have a preference?

i much prefer owning physical copies. i have to read a lot of ebooks for uni work since the textbooks are like £30 each wtf???? and i find them so awkward to read

wby

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Physical copies, I'd rather be able to have a book in my hand and read the pages properly. Plus, when you're finished reading (if you're not going to reread it or keep it) you can always sell it or donate it!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Absently

Latest Awards:

i like the physical copies usually cus i love to show the world all my books. ebooks are really handy for bed and uni work so you can just pirate them x
    Like LUCPIX Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

Definitely the physical books
    ... firstly... because they won't ruin your retinas, cones and rods and after a long night-time reading

Secondly, because the e-books don't smell lovely nor has an exclusive font

Like Sho Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shonly

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lucpix View Post
    Definitely the physical books
    ... firstly... because they won't ruin your retinas, cones and rods and after a long night-time reading

Secondly, because the e-books don't smell lovely nor has an exclusive font
    mm love the smell of books! also your avatar is crazy and i can't stop looking at it lmao

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    mm love the smell of books! also your avatar is crazy and i can't stop looking at it lmao
    yeah
    and, well, don't you think that it's harder to remember all the stuff we've just read in an ebook, like it sucks our eyes and catches our memory?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shonly

Latest Awards:

yeah
    and, well, don't you think that it's harder to remember all the stuff we've just read in an ebook, like it sucks our eyes and catches our memory?
    i find it hard to focus in general when reading an ebook! i always find that i'm reading but nothing sinks in

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

i find it hard to focus in general when reading an ebook! i always find that i'm reading but nothing sinks in
    Definitely! I've heard about a feature in some versions of Kindle called electronic paper (?) which turns off the screen (except the pixels from the font) and makes it "absorb" the outside light in order to make the reading process more effective, similar to a real book, but... but...

but, you know, they still haven't invented a "book smell" feature
    Last edited by LUCPIX; 01-03-2017 at 12:35 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shonly

Latest Awards:

Definitely! I've heard about a feature in some versions of Kindle called electronic paper (?) which turns off the screen (except the pixels from the font) and makes it "absorb" the outside light in order to make the reading process more effective, similar to a real book, but... but...

but, you know, they still haven't invented a "book smell" feature
    sounds fancy (and expensive) - i think i'll stick to physical copies. i only use my kinda when i go abroad because i'm a fast reader and it saves a lot of space to carry a kindle than 3-4 actual books.

definitely needs a book smell feature!

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

sounds fancy (and expensive) - i think i'll stick to physical copies. i only use my kinda when i go abroad because i'm a fast reader and it saves a lot of space to carry a kindle than 3-4 actual books.

definitely needs a book smell feature!
    One question:
    You, fast readers... do you remember clearly what you've just read? Because, like, whenever I try to pretend I'm one of you, my brain reacts very bad, forgetting 80% of the content in five minutes, just like a dream

If you do, is your memory based on the moments the book you imagined during the reading or you can really remember all the words, almost exactly the way it's written?

Apologies for the awkward question but I always wanted to know about this

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast