HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default Yorkshire farmer cleared for shooting a burglar

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...g-burglar.html

Yorkshire farmer cleared for shooting a burglar

Quote Originally Posted by Daily Mail
    A farmer who shot a convicted burglar he thought was stealing diesel from his farm cried outside court today after a jury took just 24 minutes to clear him of GBH.

Father-of-three Kenneth Hugill, 83, who had two hip replacements and a heart-bypass operation, was arrested, finger printed and forced to fund his own £30,000 defence after he shot Richard Stables, 44, in the foot outside his isolated farmhouse at Wilberfoss, near York.

Mr Hugill shook the hand of his solicitor and wept outside court briefly after a jury at Hull Crown Court cleared him of causing grievous bodily harm. Today his family revealed that following the incident their home was surrounded by armed police and a helicopter who believed they were holding a hostage more than 15 hours after the shooting.

The family criticised both the Police and the Crown Prosecution Service for their decision to prosecute an 83-year-old man defending his home. Speaking outside the court, Mr Hugill said: 'I'm very, very pleased. It's marvellous.

'We thought I shouldn't have been prosecuted right from the start, I didn't feel it was justified at the time. 'I pulled the trigger because I thought that car was going to kill me.'

Mr Hugill told the court yesterday that he was 'petrified' when the Land Rover 'revved up' without lights on and set off towards him. He fired two shots – one towards the side of the vehicle and another in the air to frighten the occupants away.

Richard Stables, a convicted burglar, was hit in the foot and driven straight to hospital by his friend Adrian Barron, a seasoned criminal with convictions for burglary and violence. Mr Stables suffered serious injuries but survived and gave evidence as a prosecution witness.
    Well done on the courts for exercising common sense throwing this case out and SHAME on the CPS.

As for the farmer, if you ask me it's just a shame he didn't get a head shot. Filthy vermin targeting an 83 year old man.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 11-03-2017 at 09:03 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

I feel like you're attempting to be somewhat misleading given he was probably acquitted because of fear of life, not because he was defending his property.

Also, if he'd have shot him in the head (and caused death) he almost certainly would have been convicted of manslaughter.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    I feel like you're attempting to be somewhat misleading given he was probably acquitted because of fear of life, not because he was defending his property.

Also, if he'd have shot him in the head (and caused death) he almost certainly would have been convicted of manslaughter.
    Not sure what I am misleading you about I am giving my opinion.

The ruling is good news, you'll agree?

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    Not sure what I am misleading you about I am giving my opinion.

The ruling is good news, you'll agree?
    Both the title and bolding of the criticism from the family, rather than the bolding of the fact it seemed like they were going to run him over.

Yes but only because he was defending himself, not his property. It's not a crime to defend yourself so long as it is reasonable.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

@dbgtz;

Normally I would agree with reasonable force and reasonable punishment, but sadly in this country the Injustice system believes in the myth of 'rehabilitation' which results in convicted career criminals being let off or out over and over again and they then go on to cave in the head of a 90 year old. Increasingly petty thieves seem to be not only robbing older people, but meaninglessly beating them up and leaving them for dead. The continued breakdown of law, order and morality.

That's why now, when I see likes of criminals killing one another, a thief falling and killing himself from a ladder or an old farmer shooting one dead I just think - good, another one taken off the streets and doing what the Police and Courts used to do but no longer do.

Tokens
    Habbo
    e5

Latest Awards:

Too right. Well done for him protecting his property. He didn't shoe to kill hence hitting him in his foot, he shot to defend himself.