HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Thread: Article 50

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default Article 50

Article 50 trigger expected to be imminent

Whitehall is reportedly on standby for Article 50 to be triggered possibly within the next 24 hours.

The Bill is currently going back through the House of Commons today and will then go to the House of Lords a few hours later, where peers are expected to stand down in both their demands of amendments and general opposition.

Then, Her Majesty the Queen will grant Royal Assent to the legislation either tonight or tomorrow morning. Sources are indicating to the media that the Prime Minister will trigger Article 50 hours after the Queen has granted assent. A major statement to the House of Commons by the PM has been pencilled into the parliamentary timetable for Tuesday.

A short 3 minute BBC montage of Britain's time in the EU -

The sun is setting on Britain's 44 years in the EU.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 13-03-2017 at 10:40 AM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Well well well. A post I wish I'd never thought I'd write many years a go when I was arguing with dan about the EU - when i must have been around 14/15/16. It has been many years since I last posted on this forum regularly but maybe some people will remember me. I have pretty much all grown up now and work for a big company in the big smoke.

Unfortunately the odd movement that Dan follows has continued from its path from economic and social libertarianism to some ridiculous, odd, regressive authoritarianism. Proof that populist nationalism is a cancer, in my opinion. With UKIPs main policy enacted by another party they will disintegrate and die without a leader like Farage and good riddance.

Dan was right, I was wrong - the UK electorate would be prepared to leave the EU based on information spread by facebook shares of daily mail and express stories without sound debate or a clear vision for the future.

The reality of complexity and likely impacts (and magnitude) of brexit is sinking in and probably at the end of it we will all be questioning whether or not it was really worth the time, political effort, money and legislative/policy development opportunity cost. I think leaving the EEA will turn out to be a terrible decision with little material benefit to anyone's lives, apart from those that have an unhealthy mistrust of foreigners.

By enacting A50 and leaving the EU, a chapter closes on the UK's involvement in a union that has helped to keep europe safe and prosperous. A sad day, and an act that by its very nature, puts us at odds with the EU as the UK and EU work to protect their interests in negotiations.

Personally, I am sad that my passport will lose its power and that I will lose the right to work and live in other EU countries without a visa. I have seen in my area of work a drop in private and public interest (particularly regional authorities that often utilise EU funds) in my company's services. It may also affect the services that we provide to clients based in other EU member states. My EU national friends and co-workers (of which they are the majority) are afraid of their long-term status within the UK.

I personally don't see a bright future for our country in the short/medium term, especially with the politicians available to choose from. As I am well-qualified and work for an international firm, I am actively looking for opportunities abroad.

Anyway, what a mess. Hopefully brexit ain't all that bad but i'm not holding my breath.
    goodbye.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

@alexxxxx;

Interesting. I did wonder what your thoughts were after June 23rd so thanks for returning and sharing.

On Sir John Major & Lord Tebbit of Chingford's birthdays....
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 20-03-2017 at 12:49 PM.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Today I joined the Conservative Party.

Like Landon Liked

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I would say I hope this puts an end to them stupid refugee + eu hugger protests but I think it's gonna get worse
    always funny to watch them cringefests anyway :L

Tokens
    Habbo
    King-Tom

Latest Awards:

I genuinely thought someone would step in and say no to it, i had no idea who but i just had a feeling lool

[21:24] laura: play me steps scared of the dark
    or i'll fire you

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

History in photographs.

And the Daily Mail's frontpage.

Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 31-03-2017 at 01:55 AM.