HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    hungryfront

Latest Awards:

Default Positive and Reverse Discrimination

So I was reading BuzzFeed (don't know why I do as like 20% of their articles are hating on men) so thought I'd start this debate.

Firstly, is positive discrimination right - people are losing out because of what's happened in the past, can't they just make it equal from this point forward? Nobody should be denied a job because of their gender, including men. Same way a lot of extreme feminists (I KNOW IT'S A MINORITY OF FEMINISTS DON'T WORRY) want to oppress men for something that happened before most of us were born.

Secondly, can you discriminate against majorities AKA reverse racism, sexism etc. I think you definitely can as nowhere does it say racism or sexism is based on a system of depression. If you target me for being a man, it's sexist.

Thoughts?
    just here to be political considering there's been a pretty one-sided viewpoint on here for a couple of years x

-:Undertaker:- is online now Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

By identity politics own logic of punishing or rewarding for the past by each identity group, I and every other British white male should be entitled to jobs/free stuff around the world for all we've done. If anything, my group is owed a living not the other way round.

It's high-time the straight white male was given reparations by every other minority group for all the wonderful inventions, science, medicine, engineering and law he came up with and exported around the world for the last 500 years.

Like Landon Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

I don't think reverse discrimination should be a thing at all if that makes sense.

You can support groups that have been put down in the past. But you certainly should not turn it straight around and go ballistic on the groups that did so whilst throwing together an emotional army for the group you are reverse discriminating.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by hungryfront View Post
    So I was reading BuzzFeed (don't know why I do as like 20% of their articles are hating on men) so thought I'd start this debate.

Firstly, is positive discrimination right - people are losing out because of what's happened in the past, can't they just make it equal from this point forward? Nobody should be denied a job because of their gender, including men. Same way a lot of extreme feminists (I KNOW IT'S A MINORITY OF FEMINISTS DON'T WORRY) want to oppress men for something that happened before most of us were born.

Secondly, can you discriminate against majorities AKA reverse racism, sexism etc. I think you definitely can as nowhere does it say racism or sexism is based on a system of depression. If you target me for being a man, it's sexist.

Thoughts?
    I was thinking about something similar earlier. You may have came across my article debating a female doctor. It seems to me many of the over the top feminists base their arguments on the past like men cannot complain about sexism because they didn't suffer like the females with no rights did many years ago. They seem to make demands based on this past even though now there isn't really a massive divide.

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by peteyt View Post
    I was thinking about something similar earlier. You may have came across my article debating a female doctor. It seems to me many of the over the top feminists base their arguments on the past like men cannot complain about sexism because they didn't suffer like the females with no rights did many years ago. They seem to make demands based on this past even though now there isn't really a massive divide.
    You make a good point. Reminds me of the black lives matter movement. They're using claims like we need to suffer because of how we treated them years and years ago. Slavery was not a good thing, I am in agreement! But we weren't even alive at that time.. Why are we the ones that suffer for it?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

There should be no discrimination, positive or otherwise. We are all human beings when it comes down to it and I believe that's all there should be to it.

The only way we can put a stop to inequality is to put all our past differences behind us. Men owe women nothing, women owe men nothing, etc.

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Empired View Post
    There should be no discrimination, positive or otherwise. We are all human beings when it comes down to it and I believe that's all there should be to it.

The only way we can put a stop to inequality is to put all our past differences behind us. Men owe women nothing, women owe men nothing, etc.
    Someone understands! If only this would happen. God would our society be amazing.

Tokens
    Habbo
    hungryfront

Latest Awards:

Yeah, I feel we're kinda being blamed for things we weren't alive for. My mother described it as a pendulum on a clock - it was one side and now it's swinging the other side when it needs to be in the middle.

I always come across the argument "women have been disadvantaged for years," - cool story and sorry about that but nobody should be put at a disadvantage for getting a job including their gender and that includes me.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    just here to be political considering there's been a pretty one-sided viewpoint on here for a couple of years x
    Like Empired Liked

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Empired View Post

I also think people need to realise it will never fully die. Racism and sexism and other similar things will always exist in some form or another and I think quite a few people don't realise this and want to remove it for good. I'm not saying we shouldn't try and change things, but people need to realise it will never fully go away.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    my group
    straight white male
    cough cough

But yeah obviously discrimination for whatever reason is not useful to society as a whole, it can easily mean that people who are best qualified for a position are overlooked or even forcibly turned away from it, which is ridiculous. Past atrocities can't be attributed to present population - does the grandson of the lorry driver who killed my grandfather before I was even born owe me a life? Of course not, and where would it even end? Does everyone descended from Cain owe everyone descended from Abel?
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +