HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    -:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default Students vote to ban Police from Pride

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/03/13...ce-from-pride/

Students vote to ban Police from Pride

NUS passes motion suggested by the University of Manchester Students Union

Pride march in London

Quote Originally Posted by Pink News
    Transgender students have voted to try and block police from attending Pride events – branding them racist, classist and transphobic.

A battle on the issue took place at the National Union of Students transgender conference last week.

Students voted to pass the motion ‘No Pride in the Police’, submitted by University of Manchester Students Union.

The motion vowed to “support and organise actions against police presence at Prides” because “many trans people have faced mistreatment and violence at the hands of the police”.

It resolved “to encourage Prides to not have a police presence as part of parades, especially Pride events organised by students unions”.

The motion explained: “The police disproportionately target trans people, along with sex workers, working class communities and communities of colour for policing, leading to an increase in those groups in the prison population.”

A further motion approved by the conference backed the “abolition of prisons” – apparently calling for all prisoners in the UK to be freed and released into the community.
    Ooooh I actually agree with this motion you know. But not for the same reasons.

To me, the Police themselves should have a ban on officers attending these marches in uniform because when you wear the uniform you are representing the Police forces of this country - you should not be allowed to associate the uniform with any political or social movement what so ever apart from say wearing a Poppy. The Police should be strictly non-political.

So as someone who wanted the Police neutral on the LGBTXYZ stuff I take my hat off and salute the transgender SJW activists who've turned in on themselves infighting but have delivered a result that even I agree to. Hooray!

Thoughts?

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

I say let the cops hang around. If something gets out of control then what will happen?

I love the cops. Those that hate 'em aren't gonna say what they used to when they need the police! <<< Not related to your thread and your views. Just a general comment

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

@!Landon;

The motion/ban refers to Police taking part in the Pride, rather than policing it which they will still do regardless.

It's the taking part in Pride that bothers me... and evidently bothers the SJWs now too.

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    @!Landon;

The motion/ban refers to Police taking part in the Pride, rather than policing it which they will still do regardless.

It's the taking part in Pride that bothers me... and evidently bothers the SJWs now too.
    OH I SEE. Yeah, I fully agree with that hahaha.

Tokens
    Habbo
    hungryfront

Latest Awards:

If you want them to have a neutral view, let them have a neutral view and let them attend. You're forcing your view upon them by stopping them attending.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    just here to be political considering there's been a pretty one-sided viewpoint on here for a couple of years x

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by hungryfront View Post
    If you want them to have a neutral view, let them have a neutral view and let them attend. You're forcing your view upon them by stopping them attending.
    Just like you all force your views on us, have a fit, and riot if you don't get what you want?

And let's not mention what liberals think of the police.

Tokens
    Habbo
    hungryfront

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by !Landon View Post
    Just like you all force your views on us, have a fit, and riot if you don't get what you want?

And let's not mention what liberals think of the police.
    I mean all we want is to be treated how you're treated, that's pretty reasonable to ask.

just here to be political considering there's been a pretty one-sided viewpoint on here for a couple of years x

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

I mean all we want is to be treated how you're treated, that's pretty reasonable to ask.
    Conservatives are treated like hell, especially where I live in the United States.

Tokens
    Habbo
    hungryfront

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by !Landon View Post
    Conservatives are treated like hell, especially where I live in the United States.
    If hell is having more pay than women and being able to treat any minorities however you want, then you're spot on!

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

If hell is having more pay than women and being able to treat any minorities however you want, then you're spot on!
    Funny you say that, because where I live, conservatives are the minority lol

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast