HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

Default What are the benefits of living in the countryside?

So the title may not make any sense so I'll explain. My parents have recently got to an age where they are looking to retire soon and they want the more "peaceful" life and think that moving away to the countryside is going to help that. I still live with my parents now which I don't mind, I can still live a very independent life even if I'm living with them (Which I do). But we were having a discussion about it earlier and I was asking them what exactly are the benefits of moving to the countryside. The only real reason they could actually give me was the fact that it's more quiet.

So, do you know of any other benefits of living in the countryside? I mean I'm a city boy, I love the city and I don't like quietness, it makes me feel nervous.

What exactly do you get from the countryside that you don't get from the city?

This thread is basically me asking for more information by the way

Martin is offline Habbox Merit
    Ex Assistant General Manager (Community)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

Well I get to experience a bit of both really being from a small town in the countryside and living in a city for university, which I actually really like as both can have positives and negatives I feel!

I would say that the countryside is quieter, less crowded, more nice scenery for walks and stuff, the independent businesses and shops can be cool, you quite often get nice little historical towns too that have character behind them, it's sometimes easier to get to know people in smaller towns I guess as everyone always recognises each other (which can also be a bad thing), there's often cute little countryside shows and stuff, you can see nature in action more, and going into town means less people dodging and often you can live closer to town too so everything is within walking distance. I have noticed that my town is mainly filled with a lot of old people though!

Benefits of the city stand for themselves really, but it depends what kind of person you are too. Like I get incredibly bored back at home sometimes as there's not actually that much to do and I have to drive a good distance to do things like go to the cinema, and there's no good clubbing places etc! Also the variety of the shops can be a bit hit and miss, whereas in the city you can pretty much find everything you need.

I guess the only benefits the countryside would have would be things like, tranquility (less hussle and bussle and sirens etc!), lots of open space, cleaner air , lots of friendly people, low crime rates, and just generally a much slower pace.

I prefer a bit of both though as the city can get a bit much for me sometimes, but at the same time the countryside can be boring!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and driving is a lot less stressful back home too! Some of the roundabouts here make me want to cry and the traffic can be a nightmare (as can the public transport sometimes!)

YOU CAN WIN STUFFS BY ENTERING COMPS! CLICK ON THE PICTURE!

Former:

Forum Moderator (x2), Forum Super Moderator (x4), Assistant Forum Manager,
    News Reporter, Assistant News Manager, Events Organiser (x3), Competitions Staff (x2), Senior Competitions Staff,
    Rare Values Reporter, Trade Expert, Senior Events Organiser (x3), Assistant Events Manager (x2)
    Forum Manager, News Manager (x2), Acting HxHD Manager, HxHD Room Owner, Assistant Comps Manager , Events Manager -
    Assistant General Manager (Community), Articles Manager

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

The benefit is the countryside, provided you make the most of it (walking, cycling, hiking, camping, fishing).

I prefer a busy city though and live in an area that was built up as far back as the Industrial Revolution so pretty urban area.

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

not gonna get terrorist attacked

pigged 25/08/2019

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by buttons View Post
    not gonna get terrorist attacked
    just die of boredom instead

one point you might want to mention to your parents though James is if they are looking for somewhere to spend the rest of their lives they probably want to live close to some shops. or when they get older they'll find simple things like grocery shopping and buying new socks an impossibility. and maybe they'd want to live close to some people as well or it'll get pretty lonely out there. unless that's what they're looking for in which case idk.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Empired View Post
    just die of boredom instead

one point you might want to mention to your parents though James is if they are looking for somewhere to spend the rest of their lives they probably want to live close to some shops. or when they get older they'll find simple things like grocery shopping and buying new socks an impossibility. and maybe they'd want to live close to some people as well or it'll get pretty lonely out there. unless that's what they're looking for in which case idk.
    Yeah this is something they mentioned would be going against them, being close to shops but they feel its something theyd just adapt to. Here in the city its literally 5 minutes and your at a local shop. I do get why people would want to move to the countryside but to me it just sounds boring and really isolated. Depending on where you live youd probably go days without seeing anyone.

No traffic and no noise and it really nice to open the window to the a nice countryside view

Tokens
    Habbo
    TinyFroggy

Latest Awards:

The extra yards