HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Bikini

Latest Awards:

Default Have you talked your way out of a ticket?

I'm not talking about just a speeding ticket, but have you or were you able to talk your way out of a ticket that was given to you?

I personally have only been able to talk my way down from a larger ticket to a smaller ticket. It was with my first year of driving as I was coming down a hill and they caught me doing 90km in a 60km, when they read I was from a different city and I was within my first year, I explained to him that I never once was intentionally trying to speed as I was coasting down a large hill. He agreed, and told me that even though coasting is fine, to stay within the speed limit. So when he wrote up my ticket, he marked it as going 75km in a 60km zone which dropped it from a $200 CAD fine to a $55 fine.
    Another one of mine was with my sticker for my vehicle. Apparently, in Ontario, you're not even allowed to drive with an expired sticker even if it's the same month. When they told me my sticker was expired (my birthday is on the 9th and got pulled over on the 12th), I told him I work long hours and I wasn't able to get to the burual in time to get updated stickers, so he let me off saying that I just needed to get a day off and that I need it asap because the next police officer may not be so lenient.

Have any stories?
    Last edited by Brad; 23-03-2017 at 03:20 AM.
    Like Landon Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

Nope, ive never even got a ticket for anything but if I was about to get one I would probably not bother trying to argue it.
    Former General Manager
    Former Forum Manager
    Former Site Manager

I've left, but I still visit sometimes!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Nope, ive never even got a ticket for anything but if I was about to get one I would probably not bother trying to argue it.
    Thats probably something similar to me. Sometimes arguing against it just makes it worse.

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

It's called being respectful to the officer, greeting him or her in a respectful and friendly manner, and presenting your ID and insurance without arguing. Chances are, they'll be nice.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Josh9507

Latest Awards:

I talked my way outta a maijuanna charge.I even got to keep the weed

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by DJ-Tripjay View Post
    LOL explain please

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by DJ-Tripjay View Post
    How did you do that?

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by despect View Post
    How did you do that?
    Some cops in the US if they're feeling nice will just write you up on a little charge for a little bit of weed in the illegal states.

Pretty sure they're normally supposed to take you to jail. But also, if you had like a speeding violation as the reason they stopped you, if you're friendly, they'll just drop the weed charge and write you up for the speeding ticket.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    Some cops in the US if they're feeling nice will just write you up on a little charge for a little bit of weed in the illegal states.

Pretty sure they're normally supposed to take you to jail. But also, if you had like a speeding violation as the reason they stopped you, if you're friendly, they'll just drop the weed charge and write you up for the speeding ticket.
    I thought it was always to jail tbh.

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by despect View Post
    I thought it was always to jail tbh.
    That's what they should/can do to you. But like Brad said up top, if you are friendly and nice in general, they minimize some fines by writing for instance speeds down from 90 to 75 so that you pay less.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast