HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Default Do you prefer old music as opposed to new music?

Do you prefer old music as opposed to new music?

Quite an interesting topic for me. I actually prefer the 70s and 80s classical rock to the new rock. Just as well, I prefer early 2000s pop compared to the new pop. So much more talent goes into the older things because the technology wasn't around to let the artists be lazy, you feel me?
    Like LUCPIX Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

Old music is the best. I do generally play and listen to older music because its amazing to see how much music has developed into what it is today .

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by despect View Post
    Old music is the best. I do generally play and listen to older music because its amazing to see how much music has developed into what it is today .
    Do you think that newer music has developed badly?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    Do you think that newer music has developed badly?
    Some yeah! I mean I generally listen to music that was popular during my youth and It reminds me of good times

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

No and there's substantially less talent in just playing an instrument rather than playing it, editing it, recomposing, and everything else that goes into the mastering of digital tracks now. What's lazy is saying that something doesn't require talent just because you don't understand how it works
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +
    Like LUCPIX Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    hungryfront

Latest Awards:

I tend to like music that isn't outragously edited, regardless of the period. Most artists now use auto tune, drum machines etc. opposed to live voices and instruments. I tend to like modern music tho, but I occasionally discover old artists (The Shirelles are my fave tbh), but there's rare talent nowadays that comes along and I like, such as Amy Winehouse, Adele and Ed Sheeran.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    just here to be political considering there's been a pretty one-sided viewpoint on here for a couple of years x

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    No and there's substantially less talent in just playing an instrument rather than playing it, editing it, recomposing, and everything else that goes into the mastering of digital tracks now. What's lazy is saying that something doesn't require talent just because you don't understand how it works
    My version of talent is playing guitars, drums, and singing on stage without throwing a track into the mixer.
    Like hungryfront Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

Not exactly

It is a common mistake to believe that the songs of the past were primordially better and more inspired than today's songs, but this is far from true

What happens is that, over time, the affective memory of music lovers has been limited only to "classics" while mediocre and "poor quality" radio songs have simply been forgotten, and this is an endless cycle mainly marked by our nostalgic sense and, If you are like many, by the arrogance caused by the ignorance! In 2037, we will complain about the music of the moment while using cultural references from twenty years ago (today), 40 years ago, 100 years ago... and how the composition were "better" once and how the lack of fidelity of the sound made the sounds relatively more organic and familiar

An infinite cycle lol
    Last edited by LUCPIX; 23-03-2017 at 11:21 PM.

Like FlyingJesus, Sho Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lucpix View Post
    Not exactly

It is a common mistake to believe that the songs of the past were primordially better and more inspired than today's songs, but this is far from true

What happens is that, over time, the affective memory of music lovers has been limited only to "classics" while mediocre and "poor quality" radio songs have simply been forgotten, and this is an endless cycle mainly marked by our nostalgic sense and, If you are like many, by the arrogance caused by the ignorance! In 2037, we will complain about the music of the moment while using cultural references from twenty years ago (today), 40 years ago, 100 years ago... and how the composition were "better" once and how the lack of fidelity of the sound made the sounds relatively more organic and familiar

An infinite cycle lol
    I agree with this.

Although... It is subjective opinion to believe that a song of the past is better. So I do like the old ones. Keep in mind, these were around before I was born.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

All preferences are subjective, whether something takes talent/skill is not

Old or new, the best music is of course the natural world *+*+*+
    https://soundcloud.com/acornavi/jim-...crickets-audio
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast