HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Default New Investment: Powerline 1000

Yesterday, I went to the store only to buy a longer Ethernet cable so as to extend the distance that my wifi extender could reach to my custom built computer to provide internet access. I sat there in the electronics section for about 10 minutes contemplating on whether or not I wanted to drop 80 dollars on a piece of technology that is relatively new and not widely known. And I bought it.

Well, I was pleasantly surprised. I bought the Netgear Powerline 1000. Basically what it does is use your powerline wiring to send internet signals from your router to your computer. What you do is connect one unit to a power outlet near your router and plug the ethernet cable from the router to the unit. Then, near your computer, plug a unit into an outlet, and an Ethernet cable from the unit to your computer. The surprise of all of this? When I used my wifi extender, I got 20 down 10 up. Now, on my powerline 1000, I get 33 down 10 up. Insane as I think we pay for 20 d 6 u.

Super cool technology and ping is like lightning. What do you think?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

It's not relatively knew or not widely known? what

I'd go for cabling myself.

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by scottish View Post
    It's not relatively knew or not widely known? what
    Not many people know about it and it hasn't been around for years like ethernet and wifi.

I'd go for cabling myself.
    I would do direct cabling but I don't have anywhere that I can easily send a cable to the router. At my old place, I could move tile in the ceiling and make my way to the router.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Congrats on making me come back on this forum just to reply to this thread...

Powerline tech has been around for many years - It's nothing new. Hell, it could even be older than this site.
    Last edited by xxMATTGxx; 24-03-2017 at 05:48 PM.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    Not many people know about it and it hasn't been around for years like ethernet and wifi.

I would do direct cabling but I don't have anywhere that I can easily send a cable to the router. At my old place, I could move tile in the ceiling and make my way to the router.
    I'm pretty sure it's been about since early 2000's, so it has been around for many years.

It's also very widely known and adopted.

Drill a hole in the wall and put it through.

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

It's also very widely known and adopted.
    Really? Never seen a single person, business or not, use it. It's not widely used lets put it that way.

Drill a hole in the wall and put it through.
    Eh, I'd rather not send a cable through my bathroom.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    Really? Never seen a single person, business or not, use it. It's not widely used lets put it that way.

Eh, I'd rather not send a cable through my bathroom.
    It is widely used, just because you didn't or your friends didn't use it doesn't mean it's not widely popular lol.

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

It is widely used, just because you didn't or your friends didn't use it doesn't mean it's not widely popular lol.
    I don't deny that they're not used but don't you think that wireless and wired connection obviously trump the heck out of them? Haha

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

That's as stupid as saying LG TV's aren't well known because Samsung and Panasonic are more popular than LG.

Obviously WiFi and cabled connections are more popular than homeplug/powerline adapters, that doesn't negate the fact they are well known.

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

That's as stupid as saying LG TV's aren't well known because Samsung and Panasonic are more popular than LG.

Obviously WiFi and cabled connections are more popular than homeplug/powerline adapters, that doesn't negate the fact they are well known.
    Alright, alright. I'm done. Just started the thread to praise the technology I just purchased, didn't know it'd turn into a dispute on whether or not they are widely known or used LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast