HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Default Do you prefer wired or wireless connection?

Do you prefer wired or wireless internet? And why?

I am actually using a wired connection. Interesting because it's internet through my electrical wiring in my house. Love wired because I get 12 more mb/s download than wireless and I feel a lot better about downloading and uploading data through it!

(If you want to see what I mean by electrical, go here)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

I prefer wireless simply because you can choose where to have it whereas with wired it has to be near a plug.

Like Landon Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by despect View Post
    I prefer wireless simply because you can choose where to have it whereas with wired it has to be near a plug.
    I have a wifi extender in my room that's quite powerful, I used to use it to hook up to my computer through a cable, but now I use it for my phone because it makes things quite fast. Pretty convenient.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    I have a wifi extender in my room that's quite powerful, I used to use it to hook up to my computer through a cable, but now I use it for my phone because it makes things quite fast. Pretty convenient.
    Yeah I have a wifi extender too just because it makes my internet somewhat faster which works good for me.

Like Landon Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

I get 12 more mb/s download than wireless and I feel a lot better about downloading and uploading data through it!
    So jealous lego_haha but what do you do with such speed? Check the news feeds out? lmfao this is insane, buddy

Since we bought our current PC originally being a "for-studying-only" Windows 7 STARTER, it definitely doesn't have the luxury of being compatible to bluetooth or WiFi or infrared, so the wired stuff are not only omnipresent here but it's a necessity also

A little bit of old fashioned hardware and cables doesn't hurt anybody, but maybe it's just a pain when it decides to curl itself, you know what i mean; fortunately, we can't curl the INVISIBLE RADIOACTIVE WIFI MOLECULES
    Last edited by LUCPIX; 24-03-2017 at 05:46 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lucpix View Post
    So jealous lego_haha but what do you do with such speed? Check the news feeds out? lmfao this is insane, buddy

Since we bought our current PC originally being a "for-studying-only" Windows 7 STARTER, it definitely doesn't have the luxury of being compatible to bluetooth or WiFi or infrared, so the wired stuff are not only omnipresent here but it's a necessity also

A little bit of old fashioned hardware and cables doesn't hurt anybody, but maybe it's just a pain when it decides to curl itself, you know what i mean
    I don't have a high speed at all haha. It was 20 down on my wireless connection and now it's 33 down. It just makes things a lot nicer when I need to download. Faster. Less hassle. Less waiting.

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

I don't have a high speed at all haha. It was 20 down on my wireless connection and now it's 33 down. It just makes things a lot nicer when I need to download. Faster. Less hassle. Less waiting.
    Wha'ts your concept of HIGH SPEED then? How would you use it for, in addiction to downloads and videos?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Wired obviously, it's better.
    Like xxMATTGxx Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lucpix View Post
    Wha'ts your concept of HIGH SPEED then? How would you use it for, in addiction to downloads and videos?
    Eh, pretty much any internet these days is high speed. But mine is on the lower end compared to many people. But yeah, I like to download applications and move around large amounts of data on my VPS. And just as well, to download videos of high quality on youtube, you need to have the internet to handle it.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Wired but as you can see I've got my speeds at home very similar:

Wired

Wireless

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast