HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by scottish View Post
    Again you're avoiding the point, I said your reference to the hunters was irrelevant, nothing to do with mentally ill people carrying weapons?
    And I told you it is relevant.... to me. I live in the United States of America. I feel safer carrying a weapon because of the fact that people do in fact kill others. Yes - hunters can kill people too. Not just those that meet your criteria.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

and I'm saying your comment about hunters is completely irrelevant to the debate. It doesn't matter if you live in the USA, UK or Iraq.

I don't care if you feel safer carrying a weapon, I've not been debating that at all.

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

and I'm saying your comment about hunters is completely irrelevant to the debate. It doesn't matter if you live in the USA, UK or Iraq.

I don't care if you feel safer carrying a weapon, I've not been debating that at all.
    This topic is 'Should concealing a gun/knife in public be legal?'

I've given you reasons based on my experiences living in the United States. It matters to ME personally because I feel the need to defend myself. That alone is my reasoning on why I think concealment should remain/be legal.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    This topic is 'Should concealing a gun/knife in public be legal?'

I've given you reasons based on my experiences living in the United States. It matters to ME personally because I feel the need to defend myself. That alone is my reasoning on why I think concealment should remain/be legal.
    and I'm stating your opening sentence 'Where I live, we're hunters. Not me specifically, but most of my family and other families in my city hunt and have plenty of weapons.' is absolutely pointless and has no relevance to the debate.

I don't care if you're for or against legalising concealed weapons, nor have I ever indicated that in any post in this thread. Every response was regarding the above.
    Like Cerys Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

and I'm stating your opening sentence 'Where I live, we're hunters. Not me specifically, but most of my family and other families in my city hunt and have plenty of weapons.' is absolutely pointless and has no relevance to the debate.

I don't care if you're for or against legalising concealed weapons, nor have I ever indicated that in any post in this thread. Every response was regarding the above.
    But it absolutely does matter. If I were not around weapons then I probably would not carry.

You still do not understand. It's sad because this is my whole reasoning behind enjoying knives...

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

But it absolutely does matter. If I were not around weapons then I probably would not carry.

You still do not understand. It's sad because this is my whole reasoning behind enjoying knives...
    It doesn't matter, if you didn't live near hunters you'd still have people with weapons on them as you live in the USA. Hunter or not people have guns. I'd imagine hunters don't walk around with weapons concealed either (i'd imagine it's a lot harder to conceal a rifle than it is a pistol).

If you lived in LA or Detroit or something I'd imagine you'd just be as scared and I doubt there's many hunters there.

Also out of curiosity, has there been any reported shootings by someone who was a hunter returning from hunting?

You enjoy knifes because you can't understand something on a habbo forum? Okay.

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Also out of curiosity, has there been any reported shootings by someone who was a hunter returning from hunting?
    Not sure. Probably.

You enjoy knifes because you can't understand something on a habbo forum? Okay.
    You're confused.

I have knives because my godfather started me on them when I was very little as a gift. Your ignorance is very absurd. I started these threads because of my previous love and interest for self-defense. I mentioned my family hunted to provide a backdrop as to why I became interested in knives. Due to my including of the fact that my family hunts, you suddenly are offended because I am providing my conflicting opinions with yours and the mere fact that I said my family "hunts" lol. Apparently the remark that my family is a hunting family triggers you.
    Last edited by Landon; 27-03-2017 at 07:50 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It's a valid point though! Do you want to let a mentally ill person kill you? Lmao nah. I'm shooting (stabbing in my case) right back. Not letting them kill me.
    But surely if he couldn't get hold of a gun you wouldn't need a gun to defend yourself from his gun.

Here in the uk its a lot different. Yes criminals can get hold of guns illegally but you don't see all the school massacres you see in the states.

In america if they banned guns yes some criminals would get hold of them on the black market but i can imagine gun crimes would go down. You can never stop it completley and people seem to use this fact as a way to state it should be legal. However surely its better to have it harder to get hold of weapons and with less risk than to just make it legal and raise the risk

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by peteyt View Post
    But surely if he couldn't get hold of a gun you wouldn't need a gun to defend yourself from his gun.

Here in the uk its a lot different. Yes criminals can get hold of guns illegally but you don't see all the school massacres you see in the states.

In america if they banned guns yes some criminals would get hold of them on the black market but i can imagine gun crimes would go down. You can never stop it completley and people seem to use this fact as a way to state it should be legal. However surely its better to have it harder to get hold of weapons and with less risk than to just make it legal and raise the risk
    Still, that doesn't change the fact that if a criminal wants to get ahold of a gun and kill someone, he or she will do so. Then we're the ones that are hosed for not being prepared.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Still, that doesn't change the fact that if a criminal wants to get ahold of a gun and kill someone, he or she will do so. Then we're the ones that are hosed for not being prepared.
    But that was my main point. People go oh criminals will still get hold of them so we might as well make it legal. That's like saying they are going to get hold of it so we might as well not bother making it hard for them to get hold of it. I'm sure people could get hold of grenades if they had the right contacts so should we just make it legal for people to carry grenades?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast