HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by peteyt View Post
    But that was my main point. People go oh criminals will still get hold of them so we might as well make it legal. That's like saying they are going to get hold of it so we might as well not bother making it hard for them to get hold of it. I'm sure people could get hold of grenades if they had the right contacts so should we just make it legal for people to carry grenades?
    Just because people get ahold of heroin doesn't mean heroin should be legal. It's not a valid question.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    Just because people get ahold of heroin doesn't mean heroin should be legal. It's not a valid question.
    But that's what your saying about guns. Your saying guns shouldn't be banned because criminals will get hold of them still and then people will be weaponless. It's my belief a lot of the school massacres would never have happened if guns weren't allowed. Surely it's better to try everything to prevent people getting weapons than nothing at all.
    Like scottish Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

But that's what your saying about guns. Your saying guns shouldn't be banned because criminals will get hold of them still and then people will be weaponless.
    Not at all. I'm saying guns shouldn't be banned because we can easily diffuse a situation when there's another person with a gun that could for instance stop a school shooting rather than letting the person kill the kids.

What I meant by the criminals getting ahold of things is it doesn't make a difference whether or not they're legal. They're still gonna get ahold of guns, like drugs. Again I don't think that drugs should be legal but I used that as an example. People still get their hands on it even if its not legal. It'll be like drug trafficking. Guns will be shipped around like cocaine in Columbia lol

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Not at all. I'm saying guns shouldn't be banned because we can easily diffuse a situation when there's another person with a gun that could for instance stop a school shooting rather than letting the person kill the kids.
    Surely that is what the police and stuff is for. My point is yes criminals will get hold of it but the average person won't. Your not going to have to have a weapon to protect a school for a child if that child can't easily get hold of a weapon in the first place e.g. from someone like their parents. Surely there's a reason there are no shootings in the uk school wise.

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Surely that is what the police and stuff is for.
    Police take time to respond. (Aka get dispatched, accelerate, finally arrive at the location) That's normally 3 to 5 mins here. That's a lot of dead people my friend. :/ A person strolling around the streets with a concealed weapon does not take time to respond. Multiple good people = good outcome.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Police take time to respond. (Aka get dispatched, accelerate, finally arrive at the location) That's normally 3 to 5 mins here. That's a lot of dead people my friend. :/ A person strolling around the streets with a concealed weapon does not take time to respond. Multiple good people = good outcome.
    It still doesn't answer why UK Schools don't have shootings compared to US schools. The reason in my eyes is simply because it is hard for them in the UK to get hold of weapons.

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

It still doesn't answer why UK Schools don't have shootings compared to US schools. The reason in my eyes is simply because it is hard for them in the UK to get hold of weapons.
    And it's easier to get a hold of weapons here.

I will tell you this though. If weapons were never legal here, I wouldn't want to make them legal. But making something illegal is going to get more people smuggling them and passing them around. Then you'd have whole gangs having guns but absolutely no decent person of the streets having a gun. It'd be the wild west again. I certainly don't want that to happen. So making them illegal is a horrible idea.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

And how many people in USA have used their weapons for the complete wrong reason? I'd say quite a lot! The thing is the law over there is quite risky because you can just say you shot someone because they tried to attack you and youd most likely get away with it. Whos to say they arent telling the truth if they say it was self defence?

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by despect View Post
    The thing is the law over there is quite risky because you can just say you shot someone because they tried to attack you and youd most likely get away with it.
    Not true at all. The law is NOT alongside people who conceal. Juries are extremely tough with the issue. You have to have good evidence to need to shoot/stab someone.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

Not true at all. The law is NOT alongside people who conceal. Juries are extremely tough with the issue. You have to have good evidence to need to shoot/stab someone.
    Sometimes you cant fully prove it so its literally your word to go by.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast