HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    _spirit is offline HabboxWiki Staff
    HabboxLive Senior DJ (Music)
    Rare Values Staff
    Guest Events Organiser

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    _spirit

Latest Awards:

Post Every child should have a mobile phone. (Junior)

Do you think every child should have a mobile phone, Most kids now have one by the age of 10 what are your opinions??

Last edited by _spirit; 27-03-2017 at 11:44 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

If their parents can afford to give their child a phone, why not?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bikini

Latest Awards:

A flip phone, yes. They deserve to know the struggle.
    Like Landon Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Yep, no need for a smart phone imo. Just something to call and text.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Im sure i didnt get my first phone till at least 13. I think by giving them phones too young you put them at risk e.g. bullying and even things like grooming. You see some very young children with smartphones and other internet devices and a lot of parents don't realise the risks so they don't set any child saftey features up
    Like Landon Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    hungryfront

Latest Awards:

I'd say 13 and up should have a smartphone as they're getting more of a social life, for example they arrange things with their friends more and don't need their parents to.

However, under 13 you should have a normal phone, like a Nokia or something. They hold their charge, are durable and trusty, and they can call in an emergency. They should see the world through their own eyes.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    just here to be political considering there's been a pretty one-sided viewpoint on here for a couple of years x
    Like LUCPIX Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    The-Quiet-One

Latest Awards:

I used to think they didn't because I didn't have one when I was younger but phones were so basic then that there was no point. Now they have more to offer, I can definitely see why a young child would want one and why it would be a good idea. It's a good way to keep in touch with friends and parents if they are out somewhere. They all come with cameras which I'm sure appeals to them and it's easier to access social media through a phone.

I know there is dangers of bullying or grooming if a young child has access to a phone and/or internet without some sort of supervision but that's down to the parents to make sure the child isn't doing anything they shouldn't be, you can put child protection locks on phones as well to prevent them accessing certain sites and what not, so they have some sort of safety to prevent such things.
    thanks lucpix for the cute sig xo
    twitter / blog

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

When you're a kid, you don't need to make urgent calls, add professional contacts, charge bills and all those stuff from the grown-ups and the non-productive smartphones in an emerging brain is a kind of hazard and it's a waste of money to buy an iPhone or even an Android to someone who will only use, more or less, 20% of its capacity, focusing his attention to one or two trending social media and the trending games (like most of we, lazy uncurious users, do)

So a SMS/Call/Snake Nokia is EVERYTHING that the pequeños need to tell mommy and daddy that they need a ride from Tommy's home because it's snowing and riding a bike in this case would be pointless see you later ok ok i'm fine ok right sure mommy adiós
    Last edited by LUCPIX; 29-03-2017 at 05:22 PM.

Like Landon Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

I got my first phone at 10 because that's when I started walking to and from school on my own. It was a nokia 3310 that used to belong to my dad lol x

I don't think kids need a smart phone tho.
    Like Landon Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Expling

Latest Awards:

if a parent can afford to give their child a phone then I don't see why not! it depends on the preferences of the family really

didn't get my first phone until like 12/13 and I started walking home when I was in year 5 (so i was 9/10)

things have changed and if kids prefer phones over toys then so be it! my friends niece got an ipod for xmas and she loves facetiming ppl it's really cute to see her enjoying it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast