HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Yuxin

Latest Awards:

Default how long did it take u to pass ur driving test

so how many hrs driving with ur instructor or by urself or watev
    adn like ur theory n practical n shit

so i started learning to drive in august where i had 3 lessons with an instructor n then he ignored all my msgs lol : ) but in fairness i think his mum mightve died ???
    then like december time i got a new instructor which is cool n we've done like 13 hrs or something
    iv alrdy passed my theory (lol somehow) n he wants me to book my test for may

if u havent started 2 learn yet then do u want to/when wil u

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

think mine was 20 hours as I had done 20 lessons, booked them in blocks of 10.

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Eh probably tops I spent 5ish hours on the road w/ instructor then I passed my driving portion which was demonstrating that I could do what was taught along with my carmates.

My written test was 25 stupid questions, needed 20 out of 25 to pass and I got 20 out of 25 hahaha

Tokens
    Habbo
    Absently

Latest Awards:

I did 11 hours with my instructor, was supposed to do 12 legally but my driving instructor was a nice man and left me off passed my theory and my practical first time!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I started to learn last year and had about twelve hours worth of lessons, but it just began to feel like such a waste of money. I learnt with the AA and they document your progress with a score sheet, but my instructor started awarding me the smallest of increments. My lessons were two hours long and in that time I'd feel like I was making a lot of progress; I would make such an effort and he would say I've improved on this and that and whatnot, yet when it came to the end of the lesson he would just add like half a point to my speed management score or something stupid like that. It just seemed like a scam. If you're going to learn to drive, go with an independent school. My dad is always on at me to start learning again, but it just puts me off more. I think this year I will get a light motorcycle license instead. I don't have a need to drive very much and car insurance is just ludicrously expensive. I'm very frugal.
    Last edited by Neversoft; 02-04-2017 at 10:23 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Neversoft View Post
    I started to learn last year and had about twelve hours worth of lessons, but it just began to feel like such a waste of money. I learnt with the AA and they document your progress with a score sheet, but my instructor started awarding me the smallest of increments. My lessons were two hours long and in that time I'd feel like I was making a lot of progress; I would make such an effort and he would say I've improved on this and that and whatnot, yet when it came to the end of the lesson he would just add like half a point to my speed management score or something stupid like that. It just seemed like a scam. If you're going to learn to drive, go with an independent school. My dad is always on at me to start learning again, but it just puts me off more. I think this year I will get a light motorcycle license instead. I don't have a need to drive very much and car insurance is just ludicrously expensive. I'm very frugal.
    Yeah go with a local place, whether independent instructor or part of a local 'school'. I'd much prefer getting driving license and paying for car insurance than motorbike/scooter though.

You're older too so insurance will be cheap.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by scottish View Post
    You're older too so insurance will be cheap.
    That's what I was told, but my dad put me on his insurance for a while after I stopped learning and it was a travesty the amount it cost. I also have a brother just two years younger than me, but his insurance is still rather hefty. Honestly, it probably wouldn't be an issue if I used a car frequently, but at the moment I just can't justify it. I'd get more fulfillment out of a scooter.

Tokens
    Habbo
    The-Quiet-One

Latest Awards:

I haven't learnt how to drive yet but I've had lessons. The first guy I went with was the guy my dad went with, but I didn't do well with him because he'd yell and just wasn't a good instructor imo. I went with a woman after that and it was so much better, I did really well and was close to booking my theory but I didn't have the money to continue. Once I'm settled in my new place, I'm going to start taking lessons again and hopefully go as far as passing my test this time, the only thing putting me off is I don't want to pass and be without a car for ages cause I worry I'll forget how to drive.
    thanks lucpix for the cute sig xo
    twitter / blog
    Like Absently Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zealoux

Latest Awards:

I had 18 one hour lessons, 3 with a woman who didn't teach me anything, just talked about how much of a **** her mum was. The rest were bulk bought so 10 to begin with, then a set of 5 before my test.
    i started in June, passed my theory in the September and then had to wait 3 months for any time slot for a test anyway. Booked it for January and passed first time for both

Tokens

Latest Awards:

i had about 16 hours of taught plus maybe 2-3 with my parents

passed 5 months exactly after my 17th birthday which was also when i had my first lesson
    used to fix usertitles n stuff

last +rep: -nick
    rep points: 16361

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast