HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Default Radical Left politician Melenchon surging just weeks before first French vote

Radical Left politician Melenchon surging just weeks before first round of French Presidential Election

The top two of the first round - currently Macron and Le Pen - will face off in a run-off election a few weeks later

From left to right: Fillion, Macron, Melenchon, Le Pen and Hamon

Usual caveats, one poll does not equal a result etc. But Melenchon *is* gaining.

A background to what he, Melenchon, stands for. Basically a French Jeremy Corbyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Mélenchon is an outspoken critic of the European Union (EU), which he claims has been corrupted through neoliberalism. During his 2012 campaign, Mélenchon positioned himself against the trend towards economic globalisation, which he denounced as disproportionately profiting the financial industry and "high income earners" at the expense of the poor. He insisted international organisations such as the EU threatened to "strangle the voice of the people".

He also supports a renegotiation of European treaties.

Mélenchon opposes the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO), which he perceives as an affront to France's national sovereignty. He has repeatedly called for France to withdraw from NATO.
    Alluding to what Goodwin says above in the tweets, the polling data behind the polling suggests that although Macron is currently in the lead (just) his vote is much less solid than any of the other candidates. He's stalling.

I would delight in a Le Pen vs Melenchon contest as it would dump that Blair clone establishment fake Macron and leave two anti-EU candidates left in the race to be the President of a country which, without, the EU would face disintegration.

This will be the most exciting election this year and it's getting even more interesting.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 07-04-2017 at 09:16 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

I'm not familiar with the French government and nor am I really interested. But I wonder how it would play out of he were elected.

In the US, if Bernie Sanders were elected, nothing would have ever gotten done because of the conservative leaning congress.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

@Landon;

In France the Presidency is very powerful, one of the most powerful republics on the planet. Much more so than the US Presidency.

I am backing Marine Le Pen of course.

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    @Landon;

In France the Presidency is very powerful, one of the most powerful republics on the planet. Much more so than the US Presidency.

I am backing Marine Le Pen of course.

Haha based on a quick search via wikipedia, the National Front party that she is in seems to be more rightist than US 'Republicans'?

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    Haha based on a quick search via wikipedia, the National Front party that she is in seems to be more rightist than US 'Republicans'?
    Correct. At the same time, in French style, she rejects neoliberalism/free markets. In that regard, she's to the left. I have always said she is a much cleverer politician and much more ideological than either Farage or Trump. A real 'depth' to her.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 07-04-2017 at 09:44 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    Correct. At the same time, in French style, she rejects neoliberalism/free markets. In that regard, she's to the left. I have always said she is a much cleverer politician and much more ideological than either Farage or Trump. A real 'depth' to her.
    Too bad they literally have very little of a say in the government based on their numbers in "congress" or whatever you want to call it.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Up again with another pollster.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Fascinating series of tweets I came across.

Anyone getting echoes of the referendum here? Numbers 3 and 9 but *especially* 4.

In past polling I have seen on attitudes of French voters also suggests more deep discontent in general and with the EU than Britons. On the face of it, that would *suggest* she is capable of reaching over the 50% mark in round two.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zitrone

Latest Awards:

I'm surprised at the scale of the rallies all the candidates have had (similar to US ones) - very large!

UK politics never sees rallies that big