HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Default Arkansas to execute 8 in the course of 10 days

The state of Arkansas in the United States plans to execute 8 people in pairs throughout the course of 10 days. All of this brings up the concept of execution. Opponents of executions were very quick to criticize the executions, saying that they are grotesque and inhumane.

Have a look at a snippet of the article.

Quote Originally Posted by CNN
    "The Arkansas Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty (ACADP) is outraged by ... plans to carry out eight executions within the span of ten days in April," the organization said. "This planned mass execution is grotesque and unprecedented."
    Attorneys for the eight men are attempting to block the executions.
    Inmates sentenced to death
    Arkansas plans to execute eight inmates over 10 days in April.

They argue that Midazolam -- the drug used to render inmates unconscious before they are given two more drugs that paralyze and kill them -- does not effectively keep those being executed from experiencing a painful death.
    The second drug, pancuronium bromide, paralyzes the inmate. The third, potassium chloride, brings on cardiac arrest and stops the heart.
    "Unless the prisoner is unconscious, then drugs two and three will cause pain -- torturous punishment, in violation of the Eighth Amendment, and state guarantees against cruel and unusual punishment," said Jeffrey Rosenzweig, an attorney for three of the inmates.
    He pointed to what he said were "botched executions" in several states that also involved Midazolam.
    Rosenzweig said the attorneys also have asked for clarification about whether a previously granted stay of execution is still in effect in Arkansas.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

This is why I support vigiliante justice much more now even though it doesn't sit well with me. With the filthy lawyers and liberals blocking the execution of vermin at every turn and caring more about the murderers than the family of the victim, sometimes it's just easier to hope that the murderer in question gets his head smashed to pieces in prison by fellow inmates - as it what often happens (see famous case of murdering cannibal Jeffrey Dahmer).

Like Landon Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

They haven't executed anyone in a long time before this right - all they're doing is exercising the law so I don't really understand the massive outrage that they're actually gonna do it

I do find this topic kinda weird to discuss though - it would be best if those deaths could be painless but they're gonna die pretty quickly.. it's just so touchy!!

end of the day there's always gonna be people who oppose the fundamental existence of the death penalty and people who support it - without giving away what side of the fence I sit on - it's the law in Arkansas so...

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    I do find this topic kinda weird to discuss though - it would be best if those deaths could be painless but they're gonna die pretty quickly.. it's just so touchy!!
    The ones - that are successful - are. Lethal injection renders the person immediately unconscious that stops the breathing and the heart.

The problem is trying to get them to work successfully, and we're in that direction now. Previously I believe that the company that was selling the drugs to the government had stopped due to conflicts and all of that so the government went to another place and that's when they started failing.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    The ones - that are successful - are. Lethal injection renders the person immediately unconscious that stops the breathing and the heart.

The problem is trying to get them to work successfully, and we're in that direction now. Previously I believe that the company that was selling the drugs to the government had stopped due to conflicts and all of that so the government went to another place and that's when they started failing.
    I'm not going to give a for or against execution, but it hardly gives much hope when it says they are painless... assuming they work.

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by AgnesIO View Post
    I'm not going to give a for or against execution, but it hardly gives much hope when it says they are painless... assuming they work.
    I'm having trouble understanding what you mean. Are you saying they might go through pain?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    I'm having trouble understanding what you mean. Are you saying they might go through pain?
    No, you did in the post he quoted.

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Arkansas preparing for first back-to-back execution since 2000 that will take place early this morning (UK).

Two condemned killers in Arkansas are set to die Monday in the first double execution in the United States since 2000 -- unless they get last-minute reprieves.

Executions for Jack Jones and Marcel Williams, convicted of rape and murder, are set for Monday evening; they would be the second and third in Arkansas this month. The state set an aggressive plan to execute several inmates before one of its lethal injection drugs expires at the end of April.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/04/24...ince-2000.html