HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

I believe torture is an ineffective means to gaining information. Read up on it briefly just to see, and there is some. Obviously it's not particularly well documented so I don't hold my opinion strongly.
    I would say, and this is something I believe has been reported on many times, and that is both innocent people being tortured and torture essentially "radicalising" someone. That definitely sways against using torture.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bikini

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    I believe torture is an ineffective means to gaining information. Read up on it briefly just to see, and there is some. Obviously it's not particularly well documented so I don't hold my opinion strongly.
    I would say, and this is something I believe has been reported on many times, and that is both innocent people being tortured and torture essentially "radicalising" someone. That definitely sways against using torture.
    Very interesting. And I agree with it not being well documented as researching this debate was quite difficult.
    When you mean it's ineffective are you basing it off of what you had read briefly.
    What are some of the things you were able to find?

Country
    England
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Ruth-On-Toast

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    Yeah I did. And I find it offensive too.
    not really offensive to someone who thinks its ok to torture people who might even be innocent. it makes you look just as bad as they are

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bikini

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by RuthOnToast View Post
    not really offensive to someone who thinks its ok to torture people who might even be innocent. it makes you look just as bad as they are
    how do you determine whether they are actually innocent. Do you have proof of cases in which this situation had happened?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    how do you determine whether they are actually innocent. Do you have proof of cases in which this situation had happened?
    https://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/13/u...ror-.html?_r=0

Country
    England
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Ruth-On-Toast

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    Well idk if its happened with torture but hes happened for people on death row. anyway innocent or not its still wrong

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

It's a moral issue. I'm all for torturing or even executing terrorists. Waste of a cell.
    That makes me so sad to read.
    Like Landon Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by RuthOnToast View Post
    Okay, so I have no morals because I shouldn't want to extract information from terrorists lol. You have morals because you think that terrorists should have no justice and sit useless in a cell. Hell no in my world.

Quote Originally Posted by Empired View Post
    That makes me so sad to read.
    Sorry. But I'm not going to sympathize with a terrorist lol
    Last edited by Landon; 17-04-2017 at 09:38 PM.

Country
    England
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Ruth-On-Toast

Latest Awards:

Okay, so I have no morals because I shouldn't want to extract information from terrorists lol. You have morals because you think that terrorists should have no justice and sit useless in a cell. Hell no in my world.

Sorry. But I'm not going to sympathize with a terrorist lol
    Were not sympathising them but it seems odd to me that you want to do the same thing as they did which makes you the same

Tokens

Latest Awards:

How about we stop using the term 'moral' in debates until someone provides me with some actual decent evidence as to what is/isn't morally acceptable and can objectively prove why. I am sick of people using this term to describe any position they agree with and "immoral" for any position they don't agree with; it's just a redundant, useless term.

Saying X IS MORAL, Y IS IMMORAL is hardly debating, it's the worst kind of debating if we're even going to humour calling it that.
    /
    Like Empired Liked

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast