HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

View Poll Results: What party will you be voting for?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Conservatives

10 29.41%
  • Labour

17 50.00%
  • Liberal Democrats

3 8.82%
  • SNP

1 2.94%
  • UKIP

1 2.94%
  • Green

1 2.94%
  • Other

1 2.94%
Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

From what I have read, the lack of charges is more down to it being hard to prove rather than it not having occurred.

Also:

https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/sites/f...uly_2016_1.pdf

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

NHS is going to have to make cuts isn't it just like the rest of the public sector in this country. I said back in 2010 that it was stupid of the Coalition government to 'ring fence' the NHS budget when the budget is already bloated as it it. Make savings.

We're unable to have a proper conversation in this country about healthcare though because a lot of people are under the illusion that we're the only country on earth with reasonably good hospitals, Doctors, nurses and medical care in general.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

I don't get the thing about destroying the NHS when the only sensible option to keep it going is to allow actual doctors to control it (while overseen ofc so it doesn't fully become a business) which is exactly what the "privatisation" plans of the Conservatives is. If those who are screaming about saving get their way it'll carry on being some random minister and his office being in charge with no medical knowledge and no reason to really care
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

I'd start charging a capped £5 for GP appointments.

In addition evidence of being a British subject to be provided. If not, you get charged full rates for everything.

And all translation services to be charged full whack too. The National Health Service, not the International Health Service.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    I'd start charging a capped £5 for GP appointments.
    Not a great idea for those who have to choose between a GP appointment & eating. Interestingly it would raise £1.7 billion apparently.

In addition evidence of being a British subject to be provided. If not, you get charged full rates for everything.

And all translation services to be charged full whack too. The National Health Service, not the International Health Service.
    Ignoring the Welsh, Scottish and Irish for a moment, these two suggestions are rather contradictory. You want to charge foreigners for it (fair enough), but essentially remove their access to the service all together. You need translators to help the nurses and doctors if nothing else. And how would this apply to A&E?

Health tourism is also tiny so worth considering if it will cost more to implement.
    https://fullfact.org/health/health-tourism-whats-cost/

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

I'd support paying for appointments if you're a time waster or have a history of useless appointments or prescriptions were free maybe...

But if you're going to the docs for something regularly, that's gonna be so expensive for something you can't help having so maybe not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Yeah I fling out enough in scrip costs as it is, don't need to be charged for the pleasure of saying "hi still alive" every few weeks privatisation should be for the purpose of making the system work better with less red tape and non-professional input, not for fleecing people who need help
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    Not a great idea for those who have to choose between a GP appointment & eating. Interestingly it would raise £1.7 billion apparently.
    Very few people are in that situation of choosing between £5 and eating.

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz
    Ignoring the Welsh, Scottish and Irish for a moment
    What do you mean ignoring the Welsh, Scottish and Irish? I said British subjects.

these two suggestions are rather contradictory. You want to charge foreigners for it (fair enough), but essentially remove their access to the service all together.
    The access is removed if they cannot afford to pay. No treatment if they cannot pay. What's so hard?

You need translators to help the nurses and doctors if nothing else. And how would this apply to A&E?
    They'd be charged via their insurance after receiving A&E treatment. Is this difficult to work out?

Make UK visas require compulsory health insurance. No health insurance then no visa granted.

Health tourism is also tiny so worth considering if it will cost more to implement.
    No it won't cost more to implement, we're simply asking for people to pay for a service they're not entitled to.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 10-05-2017 at 10:40 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

urgh I just noticed the Conservatives are red and Labour are blue how annoying

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    Very few people are in that situation of choosing between £5 and eating.
    Homelessness is rising and something like fewer than 1/3 of people have £100 in savings, so it could easily get to that situation for a lot of people.

What do you mean ignoring the Welsh, Scottish and Irish? I said British subjects.
    Not all of them speak English.

The access is removed if they cannot afford to pay. No treatment if they cannot pay. What's so hard?
    I get that, but you're removing translators who helps with access in the first place.

They'd be charged via their insurance after receiving A&E treatment. Is this difficult to work out?

Make UK visas require compulsory health insurance. No health insurance then no visa granted.
    Reasonable solution.

No it won't cost more to implement, we're simply asking for people to pay for a service they're not entitled to.
    Sure, but you're going to need either people and/or a system for it to actually be implemented. It's not going to be without some investment.
    Last edited by dbgtz; 10-05-2017 at 11:14 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

I think he means that the cost of translators should also be paid by the non-national, not sure I agree with that since it's such a simple service and provides jobs along with making everyone else's jobs much easier
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast